Discuss the upcoming movie to be released in 2020 and directed by Jason Reitman.
#4958028
timeware wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 8:34 pmMy second concern is will this pack be built to be compatable with an alice pack or will Hasbro have a new line of Pack accessories that will go along with the sale launch?
The supplied photo has visible straps on it, suggesting that the prototype... If it is a prototype, and not a borrowed filming prop, with have a frame and straps.

My immediate concern of course would be how well that Haslab frame is engineered... They'd definitely have the ability to use modern production methods to bring down the weight on the Pack, but I'd be concerned if the frame is made to the same cost-saving standards as the mil-spec replicas, which've earned a reputation for snapping.
zackangel wrote: October 24th, 2021, 1:40 am It me or proton pack is boost (more cable and more part) ?
Egon create protype 2.0 for fight gozer ?
This Post Contains Spoilers
More parts have been added to the Pack, indicating Egon has refurbished it and upgraded it over the past several years.
#4958033
Lol. Actually, here's something that would require Callie to be a teen mom having Trevor in like 2005 or 2006 to make him 16, but I have a hypothesis.

What if what we don't see (a la X-Files style) is that Dana and Egon briefly got together between the time she went to him about Oscar's pram incident, and New Year's Eve? She gave him her number, gave him a kiss on the cheek...

Egon didn't know till the moment she stepped out all dressed up on NYE that she and Peter were going to go on a date. Which wouldn't necessarily have meant they got back together, but there were more important things to worry about after that... plus she and Peter got together since, I've heard they're married now. I haven't seen the movie yet, I'll be seeing it on what would have been Harold's 77th birthday, the first day I have off work after Nov 19th. Kinda fitting.

Anyway, what if Dana was so early pregnant with Callie, she didn't know? Callie would be born near the end of 1990.

Peter either didn't know she wasn't his, or got upset with Egon when he found out, and that caused a rift between them (art imitating life), so Egon fled, with also the main spectral activity happening being the main reason why.

Art also imitates life because of the story of Harold's second daughter, Mollie. Not related to anything to do with the rift with Bill, but yeah.

This probably isn't how it will shake out but... yeah. I like this. Harold never shipped JanEgon, so having Janine be grandma leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I would love to know who Trevor & Phoebe's father is, and where Oscar is. Hopefully he's at least mentioned.

Can't wait til Nov 21st for answers. Maybe there won't be any for those aspects. Excited!
timeware wrote: June 10th, 2021, 1:34 am Louis is the father of both Callie and Oscar. He got "together" with Dana while he was possessed, and one thing led to another with Janine in Ghostbusters II. Though Dana say's nothing happened but it was implied something happened. This is some serious Jerry Springer stuff here!

#4958035
MandyA wrote: October 24th, 2021, 9:51 am Harold never shipped JanEgon, so having Janine be grandma leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Harold didn't ship it, but plenty of fans and subsequent lore contributers carried on what Harold co-wrote with Egon and Janine in the original film. :whatever:

The idea that Egon would just have some sort of casual fling with Dana, that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
#4958037
Fair enough. I wouldn't exactly call it a fling, but maybe it would have been more if Peter hadn't pushed his way back in. If that makes sense.

I guess we'll have to see.
Kingpin wrote: October 24th, 2021, 10:22 am
MandyA wrote: October 24th, 2021, 9:51 am Harold never shipped JanEgon, so having Janine be grandma leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Harold didn't ship it, but plenty of fans and subsequent lore contributers carried on what Harold co-wrote with Egon and Janine in the original film. :whatever:

The idea that Egon would just have some sort of casual fling with Dana, that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
#4958038
MandyA wrote: October 24th, 2021, 9:51 am Lol. Actually, here's something that would require Callie to be a teen mom having Trevor in like 2005 or 2006 to make him 16, but I have a hypothesis.

What if what we don't see (a la X-Files style) is that Dana and Egon briefly got together between the time she went to him about Oscar's pram incident, and New Year's Eve? She gave him her number, gave him a kiss on the cheek...

Egon didn't know till the moment she stepped out all dressed up on NYE that she and Peter were going to go on a date. Which wouldn't necessarily have meant they got back together, but there were more important things to worry about after that... plus she and Peter got together since, I've heard they're married now. I haven't seen the movie yet, I'll be seeing it on what would have been Harold's 77th birthday, the first day I have off work after Nov 19th. Kinda fitting.

Anyway, what if Dana was so early pregnant with Callie, she didn't know? Callie would be born near the end of 1990.

Peter either didn't know she wasn't his, or got upset with Egon when he found out, and that caused a rift between them (art imitating life), so Egon fled, with also the main spectral activity happening being the main reason why.

Art also imitates life because of the story of Harold's second daughter, Mollie. Not related to anything to do with the rift with Bill, but yeah.

This probably isn't how it will shake out but... yeah. I like this. Harold never shipped JanEgon, so having Janine be grandma leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I would love to know who Trevor & Phoebe's father is, and where Oscar is. Hopefully he's at least mentioned.

Can't wait til Nov 21st for answers. Maybe there won't be any for those aspects. Excited!
timeware wrote: June 10th, 2021, 1:34 am Louis is the father of both Callie and Oscar. He got "together" with Dana while he was possessed, and one thing led to another with Janine in Ghostbusters II. Though Dana say's nothing happened but it was implied something happened. This is some serious Jerry Springer stuff here!

Having read spoilers from people who saw the movie
The movie never brings up Callie's mother
This Post Contains Spoilers
so with that said her mother was likely a fellow student who a fling with Egon before the events of the first movie.
#4958039
Bison256 wrote: October 24th, 2021, 11:58 am
MandyA wrote: October 24th, 2021, 9:51 am Lol. Actually, here's something that would require Callie to be a teen mom having Trevor in like 2005 or 2006 to make him 16, but I have a hypothesis.

What if what we don't see (a la X-Files style) is that Dana and Egon briefly got together between the time she went to him about Oscar's pram incident, and New Year's Eve? She gave him her number, gave him a kiss on the cheek...

Egon didn't know till the moment she stepped out all dressed up on NYE that she and Peter were going to go on a date. Which wouldn't necessarily have meant they got back together, but there were more important things to worry about after that... plus she and Peter got together since, I've heard they're married now. I haven't seen the movie yet, I'll be seeing it on what would have been Harold's 77th birthday, the first day I have off work after Nov 19th. Kinda fitting.

Anyway, what if Dana was so early pregnant with Callie, she didn't know? Callie would be born near the end of 1990.

Peter either didn't know she wasn't his, or got upset with Egon when he found out, and that caused a rift between them (art imitating life), so Egon fled, with also the main spectral activity happening being the main reason why.

Art also imitates life because of the story of Harold's second daughter, Mollie. Not related to anything to do with the rift with Bill, but yeah.

This probably isn't how it will shake out but... yeah. I like this. Harold never shipped JanEgon, so having Janine be grandma leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I would love to know who Trevor & Phoebe's father is, and where Oscar is. Hopefully he's at least mentioned.

Can't wait til Nov 21st for answers. Maybe there won't be any for those aspects. Excited!

Having read spoilers from people who saw the movie
The movie never brings up Callie's mother
This Post Contains Spoilers
so with that said her mother was likely a fellow student who a fling with Egon before the events of the first movie.
I suppose that could work. Maybe we'll never know. That would kinda bug me tbh. But I guess like with another popular franchise, it doesn't matter.
#4958061
As annoyed as I was with the showing of Afterlife a month early don't abuse something like this on our behalf. People leaking things will ruin the fun for future con goers. Companies have stopped events like these due to exactly that before. I really hope that members of this forum have the common sense not to release information without Sony's consent. And I'm sure it would mean an immeddiate ban from this message board if someone pulls something like that.
#4958064
timeware wrote: October 24th, 2021, 10:01 pmI really hope that members of this forum have the common sense not to release information without Sony's consent. And I'm sure it would mean an immeddiate ban from this message board if someone pulls something like that.
1. Sometimes it's not an issue of Sony's "consent" as some things that were revealed in the past were because of communication errors. With the changing release date of the film, some merchandise was revealed early entirely by accident.

When a retailer is told "reveal x item on x date" they may have automated posts and can miss "updates/corrections" memos.

For example the Reebok shoes were fully intended to be shown and authorized by Sony, my group posted them on the scheduled date a few months ago...only to get hit up by Sony and asked to hold off/take down our post.

Or another example? My team posted about the shirts on Ghostbusters Day, even with the pic of Ernie Hudson's son.

Then we got a quick message asking us to wait until 9am EST.

So sometimes it's just a matter of miscommunication/accidents.


2. Immediate bans for a poster accidentally posting something? This place is not run that piss poor.

There aren't posting rules saying you have to show authorized anything from Sony for making any posts.

Typically on GB Fans a post will be removed with a note from the mods on why. It's been working just fine for 20ish years. This forum doesn't need to be draconian with rules, and it's fairly reasonable.
#4958066
timeware wrote: October 24th, 2021, 10:48 pm Accidents are one thing, but I would imagine someone leaking something on purpose would probably be met with swift action. All it takes is one person to ruin the fun.
The mods do a fine job as is.
#4958069
Davideverona wrote: October 24th, 2021, 11:30 pm IT HAS BEGUN!!!


The Venkman's line citation is pure gold.
????????
#4958076
timeware wrote: October 24th, 2021, 10:48 pm Accidents are one thing, but I would imagine someone leaking something on purpose would probably be met with swift action. All it takes is one person to ruin the fun.
The mods'll discuss the best action to take when and if that happens. It'd have to be something gigantic for the person to be banned permanently from the forum... At the moment I can only really see a suspension from posting as being justified.
#4958080
GhostbustersZorge wrote: October 25th, 2021, 4:01 am Anyone else whitness the lights and bar graph on the wand in the new TV spot?
Seems like the scene shown at the hasbro event wasn't with finished effects.
At first glance, I figured the commercial had updated effects added in post. But upon further inspection, these appear to be different shots altogether. The costume is the same, but the backdrop is different. Could be from the same scene.

Pure speculation here, but maybe the wand works properly with the right sequence of switches engaged, hence the differing intensity of the lights?

Image
#4958083
groschopf wrote:
GhostbustersZorge wrote: October 25th, 2021, 4:01 am Anyone else whitness the lights and bar graph on the wand in the new TV spot?
Seems like the scene shown at the hasbro event wasn't with finished effects.
At first glance, I figured the commercial had updated effects added in post. But upon further inspection, these appear to be different shots altogether. The costume is the same, but the backdrop is different. Could be from the same scene.

Pure speculation here, but maybe the wand works properly with the right sequence of switches engaged, hence the differing intensity of the lights?

Image
You're right, I seriously didn't pay attention to the background. Very good catch.
  • 1
  • 650
  • 651
  • 652
  • 653
  • 654
  • 677

Honestly the only way to enjoy these movies an[…]

the edge of the red border is stitched as you've s[…]

A movie like this doesn't need to have a big bad. […]

Any updates on this James? Things are coming […]