Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
timeware wrote: October 26th, 2021, 10:02 pm Coca Cola decides to produce a new Ghostbusters flavor that is only available to a select few Zaxby's. I'm trying to wrap my head around the thought process here of going with this new flavor instead of giving us Ecto Cooler without a mass marketing campaign for either drink.

I mean 20 0z bottles with the mini pufts on them? Come on, that's a no brainer. Cans with the mini pufts? Nothing?

If your going to come up with a new drink for a movie don't do it half assed. Baja Blast worked for Taco Bell and Zaxbys isn't a major fast food chain!
I mean, hell, they could've done two drinks for this: the classic Ecto Cooler with Slimer and something blue for Muncher.
timeware wrote: October 27th, 2021, 8:17 amhttps://www.zaxbys.com

Granted their food is good. It's a chicken place. Not as popular as Chic Fil A, or Popeyes, it's no KFC. I just don't understand the choice to market the drink to really only less then half the country.
It's a cherry limeade with a dose of grape soda...I'm sure Sonic could make you something similar with a squirt of grape slush flavoring.
They could, but why exclude half the country?

Just a thought. let's say if they marketed this as an exclusive theatre only drink, and made it available to all free style coke machines that would have made more financial sense to me.

I would really like to walk up to the consessions stand, then walk away with my Ecto One popcorn bucket and enjoy a Ghostbusters themed drink while I watch Afterlife.
featofstrength wrote: October 27th, 2021, 9:35 am It's not as baffling as the multi-exclusive Funko Pop Mini-Pufts...I mean, im always up for giving Funko the "f*** you", but is the movie marketing more deserving this time?
Now to find a map of FYE locations...
Last time I checked, the only FYE location I've ever seen was at a local mall. So having a store-exclusive Pop at this kinda place is a bit odd.
SpaceBallz wrote: October 27th, 2021, 10:40 am I'm curious as to why the marketing for this is kind of poopy.
I imagine the specter of of the release date moving again made it difficult for the studio to align with promotional partners.
Last edited by groschopf on October 27th, 2021, 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
SpaceBallz, Kingpin, deadderek and 1 others liked this
SpaceBallz wrote: October 27th, 2021, 10:40 am I'm curious as to why the marketing for this is kind of poopy.
Because it’s Sony.

They have the worst marketing BY FAR of all the major studios. By FAR.

Most people would say Disney is the best, I disagree, it’s certainly the most powerful, but I think WB is the best. Disney/WB/Universal are the top dogs. Then you’ve got Paramount. Then below that you’ve got Sony. When you add in the streamers? I’d put Netflix equal with paramount and then Amazon Prime. Sony is down there with even the smaller studios. Lionsgate. Sony & Liongate are probably the jokes of the industry. And it’s not all just about trailers. That’s the easy to spot stuff.
deadderek liked this
deadderek wrote: October 27th, 2021, 5:01 pm Hopefully it's just a bad photoshop.
It just occurred to me to just compare it to the other pack photos and it seems this is just the same pack image they list first.

Okay, it's not the exact same photo because the bumper is flipped on the guy wearing it. Still doesn't rule out photoshop just means it's not the EXACT same photo.
deadderek liked this
Ectojeff88 wrote: October 27th, 2021, 5:06 pm The frame missing is alright for me. I’m also slightly smaller so if this even 95% 1:1 it will be perfect.
Also, technically no ALICE frame IS accurate to the ‘84 foam stunt packs…. 😉
I've never even seen a prop pack before in real life. How ARE folks attaching the ALICE frames to their packs?
I see a series of holes going up the back of the Hasbro pack (where they show the straps) and I'm thinking you can mod one of these $50 frames and attach it easily.
Ectojeff88 wrote: October 27th, 2021, 5:06 pm The frame missing is alright for me. I’m also slightly smaller so if this even 95% 1:1 it will be perfect.
Also, technically no ALICE frame IS accurate to the ‘84 foam stunt packs…. 😉
I had the confidence to get a 1:1 scale replica pack because it still looks fine on Louis Tully but I do wish I had one scaled to fit me like one fits Harold Ramis. I know it's a little silly but after seeing the boys in grey wearing the packs for so long you have an expectation on pack to body proportions and being shorter the pack looks off on me.
It just looks smaller because there's no ALICE frame boosting it up to the guy's lower neck, they scanned the actual prop for this. I just reserved two :mrgreen: No ALICE frame doesn't bother me since it appears there's holes already in place if we wanted to attach one, I wouldn't put it past them since they made the Spengler wand upgradable.
mrmichaelt, ccv66, deadderek and 1 others liked this
SpaceBallz wrote: October 27th, 2021, 5:47 pm It just looks smaller because there's no ALICE frame boosting it up to the guy's lower neck, they scanned the actual prop for this. I just reserved two :mrgreen: No ALICE frame doesn't bother me since it appears there's holes already in place if we wanted to attach one, I wouldn't put it past them since they made the Spengler wand upgradable.
Are you referring to the 4 slight protruding holes down the middle? I wonder if that’s for the Alice frame or not since it would be weird to drilled 4 holes down the spine of an Alice frame and attach it that way with no lateral support
ccv66 wrote: October 27th, 2021, 5:53 pm Yeah, it looks like it's sitting 6" inches low without a alice frame.
Could also be the strap tightness. Not to say that will get it perfectly into position but when I first got my pack I had no idea how finicky the straps were. One strap with a little slack and the pack is lopsided. Straps too loose and it hangs low.
deadderek, ccv66 liked this
They claim its going to be 1:1 and I'll take there word at that. Mounting this on a alice frame shouldn't be too difficult.

I backed it, at $400, damn that is a steal. All of you who want a 1:1 pack. This is your chance.
deadderek, SpaceBallz liked this
"Final Product May Vary" in the fine print in the pics, they ship spring 2023. I'd say that's plenty of time to make any ALICE frame connecting areas if they haven't already started planning it.

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]