Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By zeta otaku
Coover5 wrote: October 26th, 2021, 1:45 pm What do you guys think we should expect assembly wise for the pack? I think the ion arm and ion knob will need to be attached. And perhaps some but not all tubing.
The ion arm and various hoses are a valid guess. I can't really see anything else being risky to have pre-installed in all honesty.
By Coover5
I had Ion Knob not because it was risky but because it stuck out. Also curious how the alice frame or alice frame alternative will be packaged.
By Ecto-Roboto
Hey everyone, I'm beyond excited for the Hasbro Proton Pack ! I tried to register to Pulse but it's limited to the US and Canada. Is there really no international shipping option?
I'm in Japan and managed to get the Wand from Entertainment Earth but as far as I can tell HasLabs items don't go to retail.
Anyone has any info on the matter?
By dantonvfx
Ecto-Roboto wrote: October 26th, 2021, 3:54 pm Hey everyone, I'm beyond excited for the Hasbro Proton Pack ! I tried to register to Pulse but it's limited to the US and Canada. Is there really no international shipping option?
I'm in Japan and managed to get the Wand from Entertainment Earth but as far as I can tell HasLabs items don't go to retail.
You can always use a proxy service like "myus" to shop form US , I use it for Premium Bandai and works great, the same way I use "Buyee" to buy from Japan. They will give you an US Adress, and they will get your package and re-ship it to you. The downside is that you will pay the regular Shipping to get the package to MyUS, and then the fee, the import duty and shipping to Japan, and knowing its a big box that has to fit a proton pack... and based on my Premium Bandai previous big shopings... I would say its gonna cost you easily an extra 500$.

About the Frame, It does have something for sure as seen in this picture:

The question is, if its not the Alice Frame, will they have an easy way to dethatch it and put by yourself an Alice? They seem to be pretty cosplays friendly lately with these products...
By featofstrength
mrmichaelt wrote: October 25th, 2021, 11:58 pm Premium members only.
Oh, f*** you, Hasblow. I just let my premium membership lapse. I only bought it last year for fear of missing out on SDCC exclusives. (Mainly the Marvel Legends Hellfire Club) But since SDCC was still sidelined (hopefully forever), it really didn't matter...they were plentiful. There are no other benefits that I can see to premium. Free shipping? 9 time out of 10 Hasbro supplies other e-tailers and retailers BEFORE their own site!

"not only will Hasbro Pulse Premium Members get access to this evening’s livestream, but if the Proton pack is successfully funded, they’ll also receive an exclusive add-on that’ll most likely be revealed during the presentation."

OH, f*** YOU! Will this add-on be worth $50? - correction...$53.17 WITH TAX?! At least I got free shipping on the membership, right?
By dantonvfx
featofstrength wrote: October 27th, 2021, 9:14 am
mrmichaelt wrote: October 25th, 2021, 11:58 pm Premium members only.
Oh, f*** you, Hasblow. I just let my premium membership lapse. I only bought it last year for fear of missing out on SDCC exclusives. (Mainly the Marvel Legends Hellfire Club) But since SDCC was still sidelined (hopefully forever), it really didn't matter...they were plentiful. There are no other benefits that I can see to premium. Free shipping? 9 time out of 10 Hasbro supplies other e-tailers and retailers BEFORE their own site!

"not only will Hasbro Pulse Premium Members get access to this evening’s livestream, but if the Proton pack is successfully funded, they’ll also receive an exclusive add-on that’ll most likely be revealed during the presentation."

OH, f*** YOU! Will this add-on be worth $50? - correction...$53.17 WITH TAX?! At least I got free shipping on the membership, right?
As far as I know is free Standard Shipping in US contiguous states. I'm in Canada so it's not worth it, and probably its not worth it for you ether, since you will have other options like Fedex, DHL,etc that will get your pack in 1-2 days for what the HasLab website says. So yeah.. free shipping, but only standard, that probably will be 1-2 weeks. AND WE AL KNOW we need this at our hands the first day that ShIPS ahahhahaha

I wonder, if the addon its worth it, can you become then premium and fund it? They said that will be available for all the Premium users that fund the project on the first 48 hours... So I guess we can wait to see the Add on and ten become Premium tog et it before funding?
By robbritton
dantonvfx wrote: October 26th, 2021, 4:09 pm
Ecto-Roboto wrote: October 26th, 2021, 3:54 pm Hey everyone, I'm beyond excited for the Hasbro Proton Pack ! I tried to register to Pulse but it's limited to the US and Canada. Is there really no international shipping option?
You can always use a proxy service like "myus" to shop form US , I use it for Premium Bandai and works great, the same way I use "Buyee" to buy from Japan. They will give you an US Adress, and they will get your package and re-ship it to you. The downside is that you will pay the regular Shipping to get the package to MyUS, and then the fee, the import duty and shipping to Japan, and knowing its a big box that has to fit a proton pack... and based on my Premium Bandai previous big shopings... I would say its gonna cost you easily an extra 500$.
Well that's pretty heartbreaking. Looks like I'll be stuck with the Spirit pack here in the UK, then.
By dantonvfx
robbritton wrote: October 27th, 2021, 11:47 am
dantonvfx wrote: October 26th, 2021, 4:09 pm

Well that's pretty heartbreaking. Looks like I'll be stuck with the Spirit pack here in the UK, then.
Maybe to UK its cheaper.

If it helps, I ordered 16 Drgaon Ball SH Figuarts from Prmeium bandai, I paid the 10$ shipping fee form them, and arrived to MYUS address shortly (Mine is in Florida, I guess they are all). MyUs service costs 7$ a month, when I did a combined shipping for all these 16 figures it cost me around 250$-300$ to ship (including duties, tax etc) to British Columbia (Canada). If you know how big the SHFiguarts are, you know more or less how big the box was, I would say, Half Proton Pack.

The problem is that the estimates they give are not accurate, so the only way to know how much will cost is to have the item there and calculate the shipping.
robbritton liked this
By Ecto24601
I'm just freaking glad that zavvi offers the Haslab products for German orders, and with only a decent price difference. But that premium membership only extra is an absolute smack in the face for any Ghostbusters fan who just wants the pack with everything offered and probably wanted to buy one all his or her life. Hasbro...what a toxic corporation.
By Kingpin
Ecto24601 wrote: October 27th, 2021, 1:15 pmHasbro...what a toxic corporation.
Is it really more toxic than any other big toy company?

Admittedly my interactions with Hasbro are extremely limited, but Mattel strikes me as being "more toxic", all of their Ghostbusters offerings started off as online-exclusives, and even when they did go to physical stores, it was only a fraction of the products they'd made. They outright lied about figure accessories we saw photo proof of, tried to offer up an inferior effort for Slimeblower Winston, progressively reduced the funding on their prop replica line, and rather than produce contemporary figures of the Real Ghostbusters characters, they opted for Mego-style dolls with very inaccurate equipment sculpts... Not something many people were asking for.

I get the disappointment over the potentially limited disbursement of the Pack replica, and there may be other historical transgressions that Hasbro has committed I'm not privvy to... But I'm not sure I'd say the company is toxic.
deadderek, seekandannoy liked this
By One time
Anyway we can get non UK&US members here to group together and get US and UK forum members to help ship?

I'd be willing to pay someone for their trouble to get these things shipped to mainland Europe.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.
By Ecto24601
Kingpin wrote: October 27th, 2021, 2:23 pm
Ecto24601 wrote: October 27th, 2021, 1:15 pmHasbro...what a toxic corporation.
Is it really more toxic than any other big toy company?

Admittedly my interactions with Hasbro are extremely limited, but Mattel strikes me as being "more toxic", all of their Ghostbusters offerings started off as online-exclusives, and even when they did go to physical stores, it was only a fraction of the products they'd made. They outright lied about figure accessories we saw photo proof of, tried to offer up an inferior effort for Slimeblower Winston, progressively reduced the funding on their prop replica line, and rather than produce contemporary figures of the Real Ghostbusters characters, they opted for Mego-style dolls with very inaccurate equipment sculpts... Not something many people were asking for.

I get the disappointment over the potentially limited disbursement of the Pack replica, and there may be other historical transgressions that Hasbro has committed I'm not privvy to... But I'm not sure I'd say the company is toxic.
Baiting potential backers to buy their premium membership for 50 bucks to get an exclusive for something that needs as many backers as possible anyways (let's face it, even a $400-600 Proton Pack is a highly niche product) to even get it started is as toxic as it can get in my opinion. And this from one of the two or three world-wide-market leading toy companies. I have nothing against a company aiming to be profitable, but this is just pure greed.
By Ectojeff88
The special subscriber slime extra is cool but not necessary.
$400? SOLD! I’m getting 2!! Hasbro, you have created a miracle!
Really curious what the stretch goals will unlock!
By Dr.D
While it's cool, I don't feel I am sharing the same enthusiasm as everyone else, this looks a little bit larger than a Spirit pack.

Knew a true 1:1 was too good to be true.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]