Discuss the upcoming movie to be released in 2020 and directed by Jason Reitman.
#4958323
If they don't meet the backing do you get your money back if that happens? I want to jump on this but the having to wait a full year...Look GB fans are patient, I get it. But still...It's a bit pricey for a non fixer upper opportunity. I could buy a decent 3d printer for that amount.

(Don't get me wrong the pack looks fantastic. I just have my concerns.)
#4958324
timeware wrote: October 27th, 2021, 8:43 pm If they don't meet the backing do you get your money back if that happens? I want to jump on this but the having to wait a full year...Look GB fans are patient, I get it. But still...It's a bit pricey for a non fixer upper opportunity. I could buy a decent 3d printer for that amount.

(Don't get me wrong the pack looks fantastic. I just have my concerns.)
Yes you will get your money back in full.

Yah 2023 is so far away that's the biggest bummer in all this
#4958325
Fine print for the video they have says
"If campaign reaches minimum 7,000 backers by December 12, 2021, your payment method will be charged."
so it seems less a matter of getting money back and more that you need to remember to keep the money in your account until then.
#4958327
jonogunn wrote: October 27th, 2021, 8:53 pm
timeware wrote: October 27th, 2021, 8:43 pm If they don't meet the backing do you get your money back if that happens? I want to jump on this but the having to wait a full year...Look GB fans are patient, I get it. But still...It's a bit pricey for a non fixer upper opportunity. I could buy a decent 3d printer for that amount.

(Don't get me wrong the pack looks fantastic. I just have my concerns.)
Yes you will get your money back in full.

Yah 2023 is so far away that's the biggest bummer in all this
Eh I would rather wait 18 months and get this, then to not have it exist at all. I suspect covid and shipping issues are what pushed the delivery date back so far. In the past I guess a year is the norm.
#4958328
Your card won't be charged until December 12th, so you'll just want to make sure the money is there on that date. You're charged absolutely nothing in the meantime.

Also NO 3-D printer will come close to putting out a pack this nice at this price point.

Hasbro equipment is far superior to anything coming out of one of those.

Not to mention with lights and sounds, etc.

No fan out there will be making an Afterlife pack this good at this price.
#4958329
deadderek wrote: October 27th, 2021, 9:54 pm Your card won't be charged until December 12th, so you'll just want to make sure the money is there on that date. You're charged absolutely nothing in the meantime.

Also NO 3-D printer will come close to putting out a pack this nice at this price point.

Hasbro equipment is far superior to anything coming out of one of those.

Not to mention with lights and sounds, etc.

No fan out there will be making an Afterlife pack this good at this price.
I was going to build a 3d printed pack as my next project. Would you say the amount of PLA filament for printing out the shell alone come close to 400?
#4958336
Just blew 3,000 backers!
#4958359
deadderek wrote: October 27th, 2021, 9:54 pm Your card won't be charged until December 12th, so you'll just want to make sure the money is there on that date. You're charged absolutely nothing in the meantime.

Also NO 3-D printer will come close to putting out a pack this nice at this price point.

Hasbro equipment is far superior to anything coming out of one of those.

Not to mention with lights and sounds, etc.

No fan out there will be making an Afterlife pack this good at this price.
That's quite the statement to make. This pack is 100% 3d Printed and I made it for around the same amount of money they are charging for just the pack alone.

Image
Image

The Hasbro pack is a nice toy but look at it for more than a few seconds and you start to see the glaring inaccuracies.

The booster ladder texture on the ribs is wrong, the filler tube is upside down, the yellow hose is the wrong colour, type and doesnt have the black stripe, ribbon cable wasnt even attempted to be the right gauge, the fittings are wrong, everything is molded into the shell so they arent easily replaceable, no alice frame the straps just come out of the motherboard, etc..
#4958360
TheLegendOfMart wrote: October 28th, 2021, 12:45 am
deadderek wrote: October 27th, 2021, 9:54 pm Your card won't be charged until December 12th, so you'll just want to make sure the money is there on that date. You're charged absolutely nothing in the meantime.

Also NO 3-D printer will come close to putting out a pack this nice at this price point.

Hasbro equipment is far superior to anything coming out of one of those.

Not to mention with lights and sounds, etc.

No fan out there will be making an Afterlife pack this good at this price.
That's quite the statement to make. This pack is 100% 3d Printed and I made it for around the same amount of money they are charging for just the pack alone.

Image
Image

The Hasbro pack is a nice toy but look at it for more than a few seconds and you start to see the glaring inaccuracies.

The booster ladder texture on the ribs is wrong, the filler tube is upside down, the yellow hose is the wrong colour, type and doesnt have the black stripe, ribbon cable wasnt even attempted to be the right gauge, the fittings are wrong, everything is molded into the shell so they arent easily replaceable, no alice frame the straps just come out of the motherboard, etc..
That entire pack with electronics and sounds came to be around $400 USD only??? There’s no way
#4958361
jonogunn wrote: October 28th, 2021, 12:57 am That entire pack with electronics and sounds came to be around $400 USD only??? There’s no way
Yes. 4 rolls of £12.99 filament, £8 arduino for lights and £5 arduino compatible sound chip, leds are extremely cheap to buy, coded and assembled by myself. You'd be surprised how cheap things are if you make them yourself.
#4958362
TheLegendOfMart wrote: October 28th, 2021, 12:45 am
deadderek wrote: October 27th, 2021, 9:54 pm Your card won't be charged until December 12th, so you'll just want to make sure the money is there on that date. You're charged absolutely nothing in the meantime.

Also NO 3-D printer will come close to putting out a pack this nice at this price point.

Hasbro equipment is far superior to anything coming out of one of those.

Not to mention with lights and sounds, etc.

No fan out there will be making an Afterlife pack this good at this price.
That's quite the statement to make. This pack is 100% 3d Printed and I made it for around the same amount of money they are charging for just the pack alone.

Image
Image

The Hasbro pack is a nice toy but look at it for more than a few seconds and you start to see the glaring inaccuracies.

The booster ladder texture on the ribs is wrong, the filler tube is upside down, the yellow hose is the wrong colour, type and doesnt have the black stripe, ribbon cable wasnt even attempted to be the right gauge, the fittings are wrong, everything is molded into the shell so they arent easily replaceable, no alice frame the straps just come out of the motherboard, etc..
Pack inaccuracies? We should probably wait until the movie actually comes out and we can frame by frame look at the packs to call out some supposed inaccuracies.

Also I absolutely stand by my statement Hasbro's equipment absolutely produces better than some cheapo 3D printer you buy off the shelf of Micro Center.
#4958363
TheLegendOfMart wrote: October 28th, 2021, 1:10 am
jonogunn wrote: October 28th, 2021, 12:57 am That entire pack with electronics and sounds came to be around $400 USD only??? There’s no way
Yes. 4 rolls of £12.99 filament, £8 arduino for lights and £5 arduino compatible sound chip, leds are extremely cheap to buy, coded and assembled by myself. You'd be surprised how cheap things are if you make them yourself.
Well since they're so cheap feel free to help out the fans and sell them.
#4958365
deadderek wrote: October 28th, 2021, 1:34 am
Pack inaccuracies? We should probably wait until the movie actually comes out and we can frame by frame look at the packs to call out some supposed inaccuracies.

Also I absolutely stand by my statement Hasbro's equipment absolutely produces better than some cheapo 3D printer you buy off the shelf of Micro Center.
We've already seen the Phoebe Hero pack at Adam Savages workshop...

I only use cheapo 3D printers. That pack was made with £230 CR10.
deadderek wrote: October 28th, 2021, 1:35 am Well since they're so cheap feel free to help out the fans and sell them.
Theres a difference between cheap and ready for consumers. The wiring was a mess and not something I'd be comfortable in selling.
#4958366
TheLegendOfMart wrote: October 28th, 2021, 1:47 am
deadderek wrote: October 28th, 2021, 1:34 am
Pack inaccuracies? We should probably wait until the movie actually comes out and we can frame by frame look at the packs to call out some supposed inaccuracies.

Also I absolutely stand by my statement Hasbro's equipment absolutely produces better than some cheapo 3D printer you buy off the shelf of Micro Center.
We've already seen the Phoebe Hero pack at Adam Savages workshop...

I only use cheapo 3D printers. That pack was made with £230 CR10.
We've no idea when that video was filmed. There's absolutely a chance the pack is worked on or tinkered with at some point during the flick. Still makes more sense to wait then start going crazy over alleged inaccuracies.
#4958367
3,200 backers. Yeah I think we should expect this one to happen.
#4958368
deadderek wrote: October 28th, 2021, 1:49 am We've no idea when that video was filmed. There's absolutely a chance the pack is worked on or tinkered with at some point during the flick. Still makes more sense to wait then start going crazy over alleged inaccuracies.
Backtrack all you want. We know it was filmed AFTER the movie had finished production because Ben Eadie and Jason were both in Adams Workshop. The inaccuracies are glaring and not something that would be changed during production and its 100% possible to make a way better looking pack compelte with wand for less than Hasbro are charging.
#4958370
With the announcement and day over, everyone please take all discussion of the Hasbro Pulse HasLab Spengler's Proton Pack to here:
viewtopic.php?f=90&p=4958348
or to here:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=48504

Thanks and let's get back on topic about the movie. And a general remainder to not get too heated with each other about things like pack accuracy.
#4958375
Oh HELL yeah. My local AMC just posted pre-sale tix for Afterlife.
#4958385
Bison256 wrote: October 28th, 2021, 4:49 am
deadderek wrote: October 28th, 2021, 2:51 am Oh HELL yeah. My local AMC just posted pre-sale tix for Afterlife.
Is that really necessary? I've never seen a movie sold out.
I live in a major metropolitan area, movies absolutely do sell out.

Also tons of people like to buy tickets early to pick the best seats.
#4958394
Davideverona wrote: October 28th, 2021, 3:14 am On the Hasbro video there is a brief scene with Phoebe going full Tex on Muncher.
That was pretty wild. A few seconds, but totally.
For everyone else, Podcast and Phoebe are in the Shandor Mining Company factory building and she opens fire at Muncher. Sparks flying everyone, Muncher slips away, she's still shooting.

I forgot if we've had any hints but I guess after the equipment test outside the factory and after the part where Podcast prints a polaroid, maybe he mentions to Phoebe that place is supposed to be haunted and they can't resist looking around and further trying out the equipment. They run into Muncher, shooting ensues, he flees the factory, they chase after in Ecto-1 on the unpaved road, Phoebe can't maintain a constant stream because she's leaning out the window. They return to town, look around, they spot it at the fire hydrant and the gunner seat is accidentally activated by Podcast, the big chase ensues, he shoots metal at them, they trap it with the RTV.
This Post Contains Spoilers
#4958403
groschopf wrote: October 28th, 2021, 6:59 am Another tv spot.
There's some kind of monster/villain/...thing? in ehere I haven't seen so far.
This Post Contains Spoilers
Could be Gozer. After that shot of the flattop. Not brought back under ideal conditions, so the Goze came out a little overcooked.
This Post Contains Spoilers
  • 1
  • 653
  • 654
  • 655
  • 656
  • 657
  • 677
Proton Pack activation sequence/s

The thrower in the gunner seat is connected to the[…]

Different packs have different clippards, dependin[…]

I'd say the Sentinel had a lot more going on too[…]

It seems entirely plausible to me that his standar[…]