Well, the film is not even out yet. I'm expecting a bump in sales mid Nov and a huge bump during the last week. 2k is not that far, well get there.
VenomSymbiote liked this
New info on the official website:

CLASS I UNLOCKABLE STRETCH GOAL:
THE CLASSIC BUNDLE
Iconic look, updated science. The Class I stretch goal sends you back to the ‘80s in unlicensed style with classic Ghostbusters unlock. You already have your Plasma Series Spengler’s Neutrona Wand. You’re backing the Plasma Series Spengler’s Proton Pack. You’re just missing something in the middle: the connection hose. No old school (or new school) Proton Pack is complete without one. Those particles are no good if you don’t have something to throw them with, and that’s why our Class I unlock includes the hose to connect your Plasma Series Spengler’s Neutrona Wand to your Proton Pack (Plasma Series Spengler’s Neutrona Wand sold separately. Subject to availability). Oh, and we couldn’t forget the custom 1984 decals with a brushed chrome look. Wicked.

SO CONFIRMED it will work ONLY (or seems like, maybe someone can bring some light to it) with LC1 ALICE frame
VenomSymbiote, Prime 1986, Alphagaia and 5 others liked this
Before big hasbro shut it down, there was a haslab employee in the Haslab pack modders group. He mentioned something about the wires being removable.
Typically Haslabs growth rate is U shaped, with a explosion if backers during the first and last week.

It meeting the funding goal 9 days in is very impressive.

I would expect another surge at the end. However there is a bit of uncharted territory as in the film releases in the middle of the backing period, no other haslab or crowd funding thing, that I can think of had a major movie release mid backing period.

I think it will for sure get to the 9k hose level. Beyond that I guess we'll see.
As far as I know, the only differences between the lc-1 and lc-2 frames are the shoulder straps and kidney pad. The metal frame itself is the same, except for color. Black frame for lc-1, olive drab frame for lc-2. So if it fits the lc-1, it should fit the lc-2 as well.
I would like to see the whole hose - as I've stated before I am only in this for a true 84' pack and I have ZERO interest in the ugly "upgrades". The hose has the green rubber on it and I'd love to know if that can simply be cut off to be a regular 84' hose. It seems really suspect to me that the literal item we are getting isn't even being shown in the pictures. It's simply showing both ends and where they connect, nothing in between. Why is Hasbro not showing us the whole thing? I also am not a fan by how on the model the hose seems to be broken up into segments with black rubber unions instead of being a ONE seamless hose.

I won't preach any superior knowledge of the 84' packs - what did those hoses look like as a comparison? It's hard to tell from screenshots because of how small they are relatively in the shots. I just assumed they were a split loom that was uninterrupted from pack to the handle of the wand. Is this correct?

Either way, the stickers are one way of getting the pack to look more 84', but I wish it didn't have so much wear and wash. I know the originals certainly had their wear, but they were jet black and this appears like it's a pewter gray/black not deep enough. I'm surprised no one's mentioned the relative color of the product yet seeing as Ghostheads spot anything and everything. I'm also curious why they wouldn't add a new looking ribbon cable that looks cleaner instead of the browned ugly wash on the existing one. I know the Hasbro employee said they were working on that. I get that pack has probably been in a barn for 30 years, but not everyone wants it to look like that.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

THawke wrote: November 5th, 2021, 2:32 pm As far as I know, the only differences between the lc-1 and lc-2 frames are the shoulder straps and kidney pad. The metal frame itself is the same, except for color. Black frame for lc-1, olive drab frame for lc-2. So if it fits the lc-1, it should fit the lc-2 as well.
and what about this one? What is the difference between this and LC1/2?

Rothco Alice Pack Frame

https://www.amazon.ca/Rothco-Alice-Fram ... 336&sr=8-1
ProtonPack83 wrote: November 5th, 2021, 2:38 pm I would like to see the whole hose - as I've stated before I am only in this for a true 84' pack and I have ZERO interest in the ugly "upgrades". The hose has the green rubber on it and I'd love to know if that can simply be cut off to be a regular 84' hose. It seems really suspect to me that the literal item we are getting isn't even being shown in the pictures. It's simply showing both ends and where they connect, nothing in between. Why is Hasbro not showing us the whole thing? I also am not a fan by how on the model the hose seems to be broken up into segments with black rubber unions instead of being a ONE seamless hose.

I won't preach any superior knowledge of the 84' packs - what did those hoses look like as a comparison? It's hard to tell from screenshots because of how small they are relatively in the shots. I just assumed they were a split loom that was uninterrupted from pack to the handle of the wand. Is this correct?

Either way, the stickers are one way of getting the pack to look more 84', but I wish it didn't have so much wear and wash. I know the originals certainly had their wear, but they were jet black and this appears like it's a pewter gray/black not deep enough. I'm surprised no one's mentioned the relative color of the product yet seeing as Ghostheads spot anything and everything. I'm also curious why they wouldn't add a new looking ribbon cable that looks cleaner instead of the browned ugly wash on the existing one. I know the Hasbro employee said they were working on that. I get that pack has probably been in a barn for 30 years, but not everyone wants it to look like that.
Deep breath! Haha

Remember the pack in the photos is a prototype, which is why all the images have a disclaimer that note the final product may vary. The product images being shown are to give us an idea of what things will be. They are not final and not the end all, be all.

Once things become finalized and head to production, we will see updates.
Kingpin, oidoglr, deadderek and 1 others liked this
Dr.D wrote: November 5th, 2021, 2:11 pm Uh...why is the hose from the Crank Generator not going into it's usual spot?
No idea but I spotted that back when the project went up on Hasbro Pulse but I've found having every question answered with "It's a prototype" to be frustrating so I stopped asking questions about it.
ProtonPack83 liked this
JTurchetta wrote: November 5th, 2021, 3:13 pm
ProtonPack83 wrote: November 5th, 2021, 2:38 pm I would like to see the whole hose - as I've stated before I am only in this for a true 84' pack and I have ZERO interest in the ugly "upgrades". The hose has the green rubber on it and I'd love to know if that can simply be cut off to be a regular 84' hose. It seems really suspect to me that the literal item we are getting isn't even being shown in the pictures. It's simply showing both ends and where they connect, nothing in between. Why is Hasbro not showing us the whole thing? I also am not a fan by how on the model the hose seems to be broken up into segments with black rubber unions instead of being a ONE seamless hose.

Deep breath! Haha

Remember the pack in the photos is a prototype, which is why all the images have a disclaimer that note the final product may vary. The product images being shown are to give us an idea of what things will be. They are not final and not the end all, be all.

Once things become finalized and head to production, we will see updates.
That in no way answers my question other than the finish of the pack, so thank you.
oidoglr wrote: November 5th, 2021, 2:02 pm Really appears like the top holding the copper wires around the Clippard valve separates for easy removal.
Good eyes.

I hope this is true. While I actually like this flourish it's the most obvious design change to me from the '80s look.
oidoglr, ZLevee liked this
Dr.D wrote: November 5th, 2021, 2:11 pm Uh...why is the hose from the Crank Generator not going into it's usual spot?
It's just trying to emulate this Pack:

:)

Serious answer: the hose on the prototype came loose.
ProtonPack83 wrote: November 5th, 2021, 2:38 pm The hose has the green rubber on it and I'd love to know if that can simply be cut off to be a regular 84' hose.
I wouldn't be getting your hopes up that it'll be a pure '84 hose built into it.
ProtonPack83 wrote: November 5th, 2021, 2:38 pmIt seems really suspect to me that the literal item we are getting isn't even being shown in the pictures.
There's no conspiracy going on here... I suspect they just didn't feel it was necessary to show the whole hose because they felt it was more pertinent to show how it'll be connecting to the Pack and wand.
ProtonPack83 wrote: November 5th, 2021, 2:38 pmI won't preach any superior knowledge of the 84' packs - what did those hoses look like as a comparison?
They were one unbroken length of split loom, which might've been fixed with black electrical tape in some instances. They were pretty unremarkable in appearance.
ProtonPack83 wrote: November 5th, 2021, 2:38 pmEither way, the stickers are one way of getting the pack to look more 84', but I wish it didn't have so much wear and wash.
I understand your frustration, but at the end of the day this project was developed with the specific intention to be a replica of a 2021 Pack, not a 1984 one. The period add-ons and options to mod it are a nice inclusion, but understandably not the main drive of what they're intending to offer.

As for the colour, it's a prototype... The colours aren't final.
ProtonPack83 wrote: November 5th, 2021, 3:54 pm That in no way answers my question other than the finish of the pack, so thank you.
Most people here aren't Hasbro employees, they literally can't answer some of the questions you've been asking, '83.
JTurchetta, Ryusui, RedSpecial and 4 others liked this
THawke wrote: November 5th, 2021, 2:32 pm As far as I know, the only differences between the lc-1 and lc-2 frames are the shoulder straps and kidney pad. The metal frame itself is the same, except for color. Black frame for lc-1, olive drab frame for lc-2. So if it fits the lc-1, it should fit the lc-2 as well.
Another small difference between LC-1 and LC-2 frames is the horizontal crossbar that sits at the midpoint. While it sits flush on frame of the LC-1 model, it is slightly raised off the frame on the LC-2 model.
ProtonPack83 liked this
ProtonPack83 wrote: November 5th, 2021, 2:38 pm I get that pack has probably been in a barn for 30 years, but not everyone wants it to look like that.
Maybe it's just time to accept that this project is not for you, and to move on and be satisfied with your decision. This was and is advertised as a Ghostbusters: Afterlife collectible. No amount of complaining here will change that. I get the desire for an '84 pack. But it seems that a lot of, if not most of us here, are either satisfied, happy, or thrilled with what we're being offered. Along with 7000+ others. I'm not trying to be snarky - I truly just think that this is not the collectible for you.
JTurchetta, jonogunn, doney84 and 7 others liked this
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

dantonvfx wrote: November 5th, 2021, 2:39 pm
and what about this one? What is the difference between this and LC1/2?

Rothco Alice Pack Frame

https://www.amazon.ca/Rothco-Alice-Fram ... 336&sr=8-1
That is LC-1 so should be fine
mk87 liked this
These are so tempting. I mean, it's a moot point because it's the holidays and they're crazy expensive and buying one right now isn't on the table regardless. But if I did have the money, my big wish would be that they extended this concept and did a 1984 "still in business" edition. This one looks great, but there's a bit too much weathering to me. I understand why it's like that. They're promoting the movie, that's fine. But if I was going to drop that much money, I'd want the pack that I grew up with and have dreamed of owning since I was a child. I really hope they do that one day.
ProtonPack83, ZLevee liked this
There's always paint if you aren't really happy with the weathering look. This could be easily modded to look like an 84 pack and those chrome stickers are available elsewhere if that next tier isn't unlocked.

These wires could be painted over if that's not removable but I think i'm more excited to see if people mod these packs to resemble the video game, or even the new video game that's supposed to be coming out. However at this price tag I wouldn't be very happy if things were easily removable like the spirit pack. Interchangable with other parts i'd be okay with.
Just like many of you I noticed the hose by the crank generator not connected. I personally believe this was an over site and it got knocked off by whoever was doing the press pictures.
If any of you have seen the behind the scenes event where Jason and Eric first sees the pack, the hoses is hooked up in the correct spot. So I personally believe that it was somehow knocked off during the moving it. Remember this is a prototype not the finished product, so it may not have been glued down or screwed down or ultrasonic welded for whatever their plans are
Last edited by Kingpin on November 6th, 2021, 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added image tags
A question about accuracy sort of...I guess basically when building or moding things.... regarding things like the Clippard valve as I am kinda trying to plan ahead for some possible upgrades.
It was brought to my attention recently that the one on the Afterlife pack is a R-331, along with possibly a 331 on the wand as well. The original Spengler hero pack and wand had the 701 on both. The semi hero Spengler did have a 331 on the pack and the wand is apparently unknown.

I replaced the one on my Spengler wand with a 701 based of the original and had planned on a 701 for the pack.... but now I guess to be "correct" now I should use the 331?? At least correct to the movie anyway. Even tho the 701 would technically still sort of be right.... or not I guess now. I'm thinking I will just go with the 701 as I already have a extra one here and honestly I'm one of those types where sometimes "close enough" is good enough for me lol.

Also a bit of a side note, the Zeddemore semi hero did have a 331 on the pack and wand.
New PKE build

One more video demonstration with handheld operati[…]

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]