bobafett321 wrote: November 26th, 2021, 1:16 pm
ProtonPack83 wrote: November 26th, 2021, 12:24 pm

I've been talking up an 84' wand for weeks now - it seems pretty inevitable to me. They already have the build for the 84' in the Spengler wand if they just switch out the grips and make the emitter a little less long (that thing is gigantic) and obviously adjust the details accordingly. One thing I like about Hasbro's is that they used metal switches unlike the Matty, which uses plastic ones. They always felt brittle to me, but I love the Matty wand and it does exactly what it needs to.

Either way, I think they are at least going to come out with a wand that interacts better with the pack itself (or has the ability to) outside of using regular batteries to power its features. I highly doubt Hasbro is gonna stay on this Spengler stuff forever - it's literally ONE wand in the sea of original 84' stuff and the GB2 wands where the packs hardly changed, so they've got 2 full movies of use vs. one for one single character. I'm also ALL about a Slime Blower (highly doubt they'd ever do it though, sadly).

As nice as Hasbro making an '84 pack would be, we really need to quit talking about it, especially in this thread.

At this point in time, it's not in the cards for Hasbro as another company already has the licensing for the 84 pack
No one was talking about an 84' pack, it was an 84' wand if you read carefully.
metallijosh wrote: November 26th, 2021, 9:10 am
GhostFaceX wrote: November 26th, 2021, 6:28 am Also just rewatched the tested video again. I REALLY hope they fix the hose. Otherwise it’s going to be super obvious. The black part is just way too thin. The green part looks too inflexible. I hope that green part is removable.
Maybe watch it one more time to hear him say that what you are seeing is not the final hose...
Well. That was a cute reply. But the point was to emphasize how much they need to change it.
ProtonPack83 liked this
GhostFaceX wrote: November 26th, 2021, 6:20 pm
metallijosh wrote: November 26th, 2021, 9:10 am

Maybe watch it one more time to hear him say that what you are seeing is not the final hose...
Well. That was a cute reply. But the point was to emphasize how much they need to change it.
He did say it wasn’t the final product. I hope they go with something wider hose wise than what the prototype is. The loom looked very thin.
deadderek, bobafett321 liked this
GhostFaceX wrote: November 26th, 2021, 6:28 am Two other questions with multiple parts:

1) since this is the only neutrona wand most of us will have, and proton pack, how comfortable are you with the inaccuracies? Do you feel like “each prop was different and some were even foam so mine just looks unique”, or are you upset it’s no 100% screen accurate? Do you pretend (we’re all pretending) you’re a unique hire of the GB company, or do you pretend you’re a specific GB?

2) Just kind of wondering how many are hoping they do an original 84 neutrona wand say in 2023? Just kind of harping on this but I want an original look and don’t feel like modifying the Plasma Egon wand. I like the wood handle, and I can pretend Egon put them on all his proton packs, but it kind of sticks out.

Also just rewatched the tested video again. I REALLY hope they fix the hose. Otherwise it’s going to be super obvious. The black part is just way too thin. The green part looks too inflexible. I hope that green part is removable.
1.) It’s not that inaccurate I think. Many 3D printed grips selling on Etsy that slide over the Hasbro Spengler grips without damage. I’m sure soon there’ll be more screen accurate Spengler wood front grips too (beefier than Hasbro), if you want the screen accurate Spengler look.

The rest is almost perfect. (…Slightly thinner diameter front barrel if we’re being pedantic, but a custom Etsy front grip hides that). The rear tape? put black tape over it. At $100, could buy another to mod properly, i.e. cut off the rear tape and replace.

No reason to believe the pack will be inaccurate. The whole ‘84 or ‘21 discussion is lost on me anyway. The PP is pretty much the same apart from the ripcord and copper bits which Hasbro has announced would be removable.

2.) Definitely.
This Post Contains Spoilers
For having an actual Haslab COMPLETE Ghostbusters proton pack, where pack and wand communicate. Instead of two separate display pieces which are attached to each other (current situation).

Mattel was wise enough to include a simple 12v audio jack on the wand for potential future products.
This Hasbro pack will probably be the only mass market PP ever made, some form of output jack near the hose port would be a smart move by Hasbro to match Mattel.
ProtonPack83 liked this
There are some cool pack-lights-with-Hasbro-wand interoperability concepts in this video, that the Hasbro pack team could take a page from. Some are similar to concepts I was suggesting earlier in this thread. Though I think the the powering on effect should go to the pack power switch, not a wand switch, and I’m not big on all the video game modes (if only because I didn’t play it so I wouldn’t know if the pack lights change color) but hey they are already in the wand:
Last edited by ZLevee on November 27th, 2021, 11:19 am, edited 5 times in total.
ProtonPack83 liked this
VenomSymbiote wrote: November 27th, 2021, 9:29 am Any idea what the packs default light mode is? I'd like mine to run in '84 mode. I guess that's a bit too early to ask unless they mentioned it in Adam's rundown video?
Doesn't really matter when you have a switch to...well, switch between the two modes. Flick it and leave it there.
ZLevee liked this
Ecto24601 wrote: November 27th, 2021, 9:41 am
VenomSymbiote wrote: November 27th, 2021, 9:29 am Any idea what the packs default light mode is? I'd like mine to run in '84 mode. I guess that's a bit too early to ask unless they mentioned it in Adam's rundown video?
Doesn't really matter when you have a switch to...well, switch between the two modes. Flick it and leave it there.
Obviously. I'm just curious what the default is. I assume default is Afterlife mode but I haven't personally seen anything definitive.
ZLevee wrote: November 27th, 2021, 1:07 am There are some cool pack-lights-with-Hasbro-wand interoperability concepts in this video, that the Hasbro pack team could take a page from. Some are similar to concepts I was suggesting earlier in this thread. Though I think the the powering on effect should go to the pack power switch, not a wand switch, and I’m not big on all the video game modes (if only because I didn’t play it so I wouldn’t know if the pack lights change color) but hey they are already in the wand:
I saw this kit when I bought the wand and thought it was pretty cool. I just don't know how the Hasbro team would reverse-engineer this kind of connection into what is currently only a battery connector at the end of the wand.

I know that I've read some ideas in the thread on how that could be done with a lot of techno wizardry, but I know nothing of that kind of thing. To be honest, part of the reason I'm so invested in this pack is that I don't really have shop skills and don't feel like investing the time and money into the tools necessary to put together a pack on my own.

I suppose Hasbro could come up with some kind of conversion kit as well, but that would mean taking apart the wand, which, while not difficult per se, does risk damage to the wand if not done properly.

If I saw a mod between the pack and wand that I really liked, I'd rather offer to pay someone who has the actual skills to do it rather than risk messing it up by attempting it myself.

Now, it would be really cool if Hasbro does come up with a way to reverse engineer the electronics, but I'm still pretty happy with the current concept as well. I also know, given the fan base, that someone will have a modded version within 24-48 hours of receiving their pack, which I will watch with great enthusiasm.
ZLevee liked this
Talking about the wand and pack interacting in some form at all, is there any way they could make one of the buttons on the wand turn on the theme song from the Pack without the need of altering the wand any? Like could the Hasbro team implement that some how. I'm guessing no but I'd really love to be able to flip the song on at any time while wearing the pack.
Honestly, the one feature I'd like to see for this pack is for it to use a rechargeable battery pack instead of D-Cells. Yeah, I know, I know, it is easy enough to swap out the battery housing for a battery pack and do a tiny bit of soldering, but it would be a convenient feature.

Not to mention you could argue for "proton charging" as a feature on the pack.
ProtonPack83 liked this
Chris Weitzel wrote: November 27th, 2021, 1:42 pm Honestly, the one feature I'd like to see for this pack is for it to use a rechargeable battery pack instead of D-Cells. Yeah, I know, I know, it is easy enough to swap out the battery housing for a battery pack and do a tiny bit of soldering, but it would be a convenient feature.

Not to mention you could argue for "proton charging" as a feature on the pack.
Couldn't agree more!!!!
11,284 backers of as this typing.

We're close. I can feel it.

Only 15 days and 2 plus hours to go.
Chris Weitzel liked this
bobafett321 wrote: November 27th, 2021, 11:12 pm So, this is the first haslab I have ever backed. Let's say we unlock the 4th and last tier. Has haslab ever been know to add additional tiers?
No.
deadderek wrote: November 27th, 2021, 11:22 pm
bobafett321 wrote: November 27th, 2021, 11:12 pm So, this is the first haslab I have ever backed. Let's say we unlock the 4th and last tier. Has haslab ever been know to add additional tiers?
No.
Yes, but it's unlikely they'll do it again. If we would be at 20,000+ preorders already I could see them adding something else, question is what? You can always throw in a related figure to a project like the Razor crest, Sentinel or Rancor. But a full size replica? There's not much left in their Ghostbusters lineup (at least the one we know about) they could give us in a fifth tier.
Okay. I'm going to say on the record to stop the pack sound discussion. It goes well past the scope of this thread. Let things cool off and resume the talk when the pack comes out in 2023 and a thread gets set up in the Proton Pack section. Or if anyone needs to continue debating the sounds now, I'm sure there's a similar thread in the Proton Pack section but be patient and courteous with each other. Thanks!
ZLevee, Dragonfire82877, Ecto_1X and 1 others liked this
Everyone, I know we are passionate about the ins and outs of the lights and switch functionalities on the packs. Heck, we wouldn't be fans if we didn't get caught up on the small details.

However, this thread is supposed to be more for discussion about the Hasbro pack and/or wand themselves, not about the canonical or non-canonical function of the wand/pack switches themselves. I humbly recommend creating a second thread dedicated to the wand and pack switch debate.

Not trying to be an asshole but sometimes I do have a bit of moderator in my blood.
Alphagaia, Dragonfire82877, deadderek and 2 others liked this
I have a question concerning the extra switch on the pack. Hasbro has stated that it will be a functional switch that is left unused, giving us the options to use it for whatever purpose we like.

First, how do we think the connection will be accessible?

Second, what do you plan on using it for?

I've thought about using it to play the GB theme.

Last, if access to this switch means opening up the pack to the main electronics themselves, does this mean Hasbro is planning on us to further modify things? Of course, no type of warranty if we do.
bobafett321 wrote: November 28th, 2021, 9:01 am I have a question concerning the extra switch on the pack. Hasbro has stated that it will be a functional switch that is left unused, giving us the options to use it for whatever purpose we like.

First, how do we think the connection will be accessible?

Second, what do you plan on using it for?

I've thought about using it to play the GB theme.

Last, if access to this switch means opening up the pack to the main electronics themselves, does this mean Hasbro is planning on us to further modify things? Of course, no type of warranty if we do.
I personally don't plan on using the extra switch, but it's there if people want to do modifications. Hasbro is just giving you the option of using the switch for your own custom use.

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]