Here is my crude drawing as I don’t know sewing terms

The top half shows the stitches going parallel with the outer border always staying within the border. The bottom half shows the stitches going perpendicular and outside the outer border. Which is correct?

Also not sure if GB2 was done differently.

Thank you.
VenomSymbiote liked this
RedSpecial wrote: November 28th, 2021, 1:29 am the edge of the red border is stitched as you've shown in the top half of your diagram using red thread.
The border around the head and hands were stitched as you've shown in the bottom half of your diagram using black thread.

Thank you, I hadn't seen some of those pics before. What about with the name patch? Same as the top half of my pic?
RedSpecial liked this
According to the clothing designer of Afterlife, they wanted to recreate the feel of the GB1 uniform...with aging. For the patch, the red circle was machine-sewn. The areas over the ghost were hand-sewn. And if you take a really close look at the left side of the path, just towards the bottom of the hand (just about where the hand stitching ends, you will see an actual white thread "repair" that was incorporated into the patch. As for the nametape, they "frayed" it up pretty good all around. I also included the leg hose connection in the pics. Hope this helps.
The white thumb may indicate that the entire Ghost was initially intended to be embroidered in white thread before the idea was scrapped with a small section left on the thumb most likely in error, opting to use the base material itself for the ghost instead.
It's very unlikely that it was a repair as some have suggested as it appears on every screen used patch we've seen in the same spot and of the same shape.
RedSpecial wrote: April 10th, 2022, 8:04 am The white thumb may indicate that the entire Ghost was initially intended to be embroidered in white thread before the idea was scrapped with a small section left on the thumb most likely in error, opting to use the base material itself for the ghost instead.
It's very unlikely that it was a repair as some have suggested as it appears on every screen used patch we've seen in the same spot and of the same shape.
I always thought the white thumb was the result of that detail being accidentally missed off when the patches were made, and then added when someone pointed out the mistake.
RedSpecial liked this
The white thumb may indicate that the entire Ghost was initially intended to be embroidered in white thread before the idea was scrapped with a small section left on the thumb most likely in error, opting to use the base material itself for the ghost instead.

According to the clothing designer, it was in fact a repair from GB1 and they tried to mimic everything they could from the GB1 uniform, including the repair. Each of the flightsuits were hand-made to GB1 specs...washed like 30 times, kicked on the floor (paraphrasing) and stained to mimic the slime staines from GB1. That's what I got from Adam Savage's interview with him anyway...
Richie1 wrote: April 11th, 2022, 9:48 pm The white thumb may indicate that the entire Ghost was initially intended to be embroidered in white thread before the idea was scrapped with a small section left on the thumb most likely in error, opting to use the base material itself for the ghost instead.
But it looks like the "repaired thumb" is present on two, maybe three logo patches that've been seen in the wild, it just doesn't seem likely to me that they'd have three separate failed/abandoned attempts to make an embroidered logo with the only part that was successful was the thumb. Likewise I'm not convinced both had that thumb stitched on as the result of the patch being damaged, as there's no evident repair work on the red border of the logo... And what are the chances of both patches being damaged in the same location?

It just seems more plausible that they received an incomplete drawing of the Ghostbusters logo to work from, that someone pointed out that part of the thumb was missing in the final assembled patches, and they worked a quick fix rather than remake them completely from scratch.

Synthalus liked this
RedSpecial wrote: November 28th, 2021, 1:29 am the edge of the red border is stitched as you've shown in the top half of your diagram using red thread.
The border around the head and hands were stitched as you've shown in the bottom half of your diagram using black thread.

Venkman

Stantz

Spengler

Interesting that, of these, the Venkman looks to me to be closest to what the official logo ended up being - whereas the others a a lot scruffier. I wonder if it was made last, or by a different person to the others. Would also be interested to see what the Zeddemore patch looked like if anyone has a photo of it.

Even the ghost in the film titles is wrong (in terms of what the logo ended up being) - BUT the logo on the cars is right. So they must've settled on the official logo at some point in the films earlier production.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]