#4962240
Chris Weitzel wrote: November 30th, 2021, 2:28 pm
You are not the hero we deserve, but the hero we need.
DAMN!

With this much math, I can see you modding the Hasbro pack to work as a functional nuclear accelerator, well, once you get some Uranium. Although, I heard Libyans can get ahold of plutonium if you promise to build certain devices for them. (Different franchise but couldn't resist)
How did you know I was also building the DeLorean time machine . . . :-)

https://en-us.eaglemoss.com/die-cast-cl ... an-buildup
#4962243
With this much math, I can see you modding the Hasbro pack to work as a functional nuclear accelerator, well, once you get some Uranium. Although, I heard Libyans can get ahold of plutonium if you promise to build certain devices for them. (Different franchise but couldn't resist)
The real question is can those bastards do ninety?
#4962245
Hear, hear - I was thinking the same thing! Egon's proton pack should indeed come free with his technical notes. If not free, then it should be class two, with the Stay Puft figures as a class 4 extra. Why? Cause you will be able to buy the Stay Puft figures in stores (paint them if you want them roasted like this special set will be). However, the notebook will probably never be available in any form outside of this crowdfund. How about this - I like the idea of the ribbon cables being a swappable part, and either make THAT free (or add it to class 1 as an essential) or have it as class 2, with class 3 still the notebook, class 4 the display stand, and class 5 the marshmallow men . . .
#4962247
Spacejockey426 wrote: November 30th, 2021, 7:00 pm
Chris Weitzel wrote: November 30th, 2021, 2:28 pm
You are not the hero we deserve, but the hero we need.
DAMN!

With this much math, I can see you modding the Hasbro pack to work as a functional nuclear accelerator, well, once you get some Uranium. Although, I heard Libyans can get ahold of plutonium if you promise to build certain devices for them. (Different franchise but couldn't resist)
Time machine?


How did you know I was also building the DeLorean time machine . . . :-)

https://en-us.eaglemoss.com/die-cast-cl ... an-buildup
Time machine?
Image
We are 11 away from the CLASS III UNLOCKABLE STRETCH GOAL: THE SPENGLER SPECIAL
#4962251
verminaard510 wrote: November 30th, 2021, 6:27 pm
Spacejockey426 wrote: November 30th, 2021, 5:40 pm Perhaps the discrepancy is due to a difference in time zones? I am on EST.
Yep, the discrepancy is timezones! im taking numbers from midnight to midnight central! numbers are numbers in the end...damnit!
Lookup a chrome extension called Distill Web Monitor, it allows you to select a section of a page to monitor...i select the backers number, how often you want to refresh, i have one going every minute...my computer dings all day long! mute at night....i also have one that I set to go off every 6 hours that i kicked off at 11:59 PM...close enough...i found that setting it at exactly 24 hour refresh is bugged

I started tracking daily on November 7th, all my numbers before then are from searching through counting posts
Ah, I kinda thought that you may be an hour behind me, time zone-wise, as I wrote my previous post! It's amazing what a difference an hour makes, though I did add a column for #Backers/Day/Hour for the curiosity and heck of it, as it's merely #Backers/day divided by 24. . . As such, the following is my data for that rate:

DATE #Backers/Day/Hour
11/18/2021 4.92
11/19/2021 6.96
11/20/2021 9.00
11/21/2021 10.83
11/22/2021 24.63
11/23/2021 14.79
11/24/2021 11.29
11/25/2021 9.71
11/26/2021 10.38
11/27/2021 10.79
11/28/2021 8.96
11/29/2021 9.58
11/30/2021 9.96

Thanks for the info - I am going to have to check that out! By the way, check the Facebook page you created for your chart/graph. I posted an answer to an existing post about the 80 backers/day you have as part of the low end average . . .
Looks like we are on track to easily sail past 12,000 backers by 12 midnight EST . . but if not, then certainly 12 midnight CST!
#4962253
hawkbatsquadron wrote: November 30th, 2021, 8:25 pm
Spacejockey426 wrote: November 30th, 2021, 7:00 pm

Time machine?


How did you know I was also building the DeLorean time machine . . . :-)

https://en-us.eaglemoss.com/die-cast-cl ... an-buildup
We are 11 away from the CLASS III UNLOCKABLE STRETCH GOAL: THE SPENGLER SPECIAL
Unless they changed it, we are actually 1,006 away from the Class III unlock . .. it's at 13,000 . . .
#4962265
ZLevee wrote: November 30th, 2021, 9:00 pm
ZLevee wrote: November 29th, 2021, 12:58 pm
Anybody else wondering why Winston is using his elbow pads as wrist guards? But anyway, Ernie Hudson looks great.
This Post Contains Spoilers
Given the end of the final trailer, is this really a spoiler?
It is if people hope to see them suited up for the first time in the actual movie
#4962271
Kingpin wrote: November 30th, 2021, 12:28 pm
Gucabe wrote: November 30th, 2021, 12:18 pm like JTurchetta said... they were digitaly enhanced. I just call it CGIed.
Okay. Where did you read that they were digitally enhanced? They built in the option to control how bright the PKE lights were, so I would've physically tweaked the Pack lights if they needed them to be brighter or dimmer.
There were certain shots where the packs had some enhanced lights for stunts etc., but the hero packs all had practical lights. I did not mean to create confusion. Its not a 100% certainty, as I don't have intimate knowledge of the “Afterlife” production, but I do have experience in the film industry and after seeing the film a few times I can tell when things are/were enhanced in post.
#4962281
ZLevee wrote: November 30th, 2021, 9:00 pm
ZLevee wrote: November 29th, 2021, 12:58 pm
Anybody else wondering why Winston is using his elbow pads as wrist guards? But anyway, Ernie Hudson looks great.
This Post Contains Spoilers
Given the end of the final trailer, is this really a spoiler?
Gonna have to agree with the others. Despite knowing things due to some merchandise that was announced prior to release, I still avoid all trailers outside of the first real one. Others were probably doing the same. I wanted to go in as fresh as possible. Unlike say, Spider-Man: NWH, where I'm looking around for all the lil bits of info I can. Though since we're so close to release I think I'm gonna go into spoiler avoidance mode for that now.
#4962283
So I just thought about how this is advertised as Egon's Proton Pack, and Egon's Neutrona Wand. Kind of like how they have Luke's lightsaber, Darth Vader's lightsaber etc.

So here's hoping that in a year or so they do Ray's (or Peter's) Proton Pack, and Ray's Neutrona Wand. This time they'll look brand new, just built, all shiny and new. Then maybe in five years they do like a Peter's that's just like Ray's except a bit more dinged up. Aaand then in between time, we can get a Winston's slime blower.


Another thought is..what if D batteries go extinct :boogieman:
#4962287
Forgive me if this has already appeared this forum, but Walmart sells Stay Puft Marshmallows (they're put out by Campfire brand), in both regular and mini sizes. About $1.49 per bag. They had them in quantity, and may have been on sale since June. I picked up two of each. So, you could carefully open the bags, eat the marshmallows, clean out the bag real good, and possibly use it in a display that includes the mini Stay Puft figures we'll be receiving (maybe working their way out of the bag, as they did in one of the trailers) and the proton pack . . . Just a thought . . .

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Campfire-Sta ... /311852550
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Campfire-Sta ... /548582516
#4962289
Well the Star Wars fans showed you have to bitch, moan and whine enough until you get something new. Maybe the Rancor does get funded in the end. All the while the majority of GB fans were just happy to get a proton pack that looks the part. If Hasbro would treat the proton pack fans-still the only funded Haslab project and a rousing success-with something nice to show they appreciate the support, they could throw in the slime attachments for every backer. Yeah you might piss of some of your premium members but would send a nice gesture to the vast majority.
#4962290
ZLevee wrote: November 30th, 2021, 9:00 pm Given the end of the final trailer, is this really a spoiler?
It is a spoiler even though it was featured in the trailer.
Some users will have intentionally avoided watching the final trailer, and while spoiler images are allowed in the Afterlife sub-forum, I think it's a bit inconsiderate to post those photos here where forum users wouldn't naturally be expecting them.
GhostFaceX wrote: December 1st, 2021, 1:27 am So here's hoping that in a year or so they do Ray's (or Peter's) Proton Pack, and Ray's Neutrona Wand.
I wouldn't hold any hope on Hasbro producing a dedicated 1984-style Proton Pack. The current one managed to achieve 7000 backers willing to pay $400 to get it produced, but Hasbro may be skeptical if the market would be willing to commit the same amount of money for a very similar product - if they're even allowed to build one by Sony.
#4962292
Well don’t blame me for constantly being hopeful for it; it’s my dream pack. I’ll have fun as a dirtied you veteran GB for a while, but I think it’s possible. Don’t see any issues with licensing. They’d probably wait a couple years after this Haslab, but I know tons of people would buy it. Especially if they gave everyone a heads up like “next year we might have a new pack on Haslab so save up”.
#4962299
Kingpin wrote: December 1st, 2021, 3:31 am
ZLevee wrote: November 30th, 2021, 9:00 pm Given the end of the final trailer, is this really a spoiler?
It is a spoiler even though it was featured in the trailer.
Some users will have intentionally avoided watching the final trailer, and while spoiler images are allowed in the Afterlife sub-forum, I think it's a bit inconsiderate to post those photos here where forum users wouldn't naturally be expecting them.
I see the point of what everyone is saying. Just pointing out though that inconsiderate is a strong term for simply not realizing that some would see it as a spoiler, given it is not a shot from the actual film, and is suggested in a trailer. But sure, will keep that view in mind.
#4962304
Spacejockey426 wrote: December 1st, 2021, 2:29 am Forgive me if this has already appeared this forum, but Walmart sells Stay Puft Marshmallows (they're put out by Campfire brand), in both regular and mini sizes. About $1.49 per bag. They had them in quantity, and may have been on sale since June. I picked up two of each. So, you could carefully open the bags, eat the marshmallows, clean out the bag real good, and possibly use it in a display that includes the mini Stay Puft figures we'll be receiving (maybe working their way out of the bag, as they did in one of the trailers) and the proton pack . . . Just a thought . . .

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Campfire-Sta ... /311852550
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Campfire-Sta ... /548582516
Hobby Lobby sells foam marshmallows. You could fill the Stay Puft bag with those also.
https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbi ... gI9R_D_BwE
#4962311
I hope they’ve made some upgrades to the prototype pack soon and will show us what the different modes look and sound like. I doubt their spinning ring effect would look as good as some of the ones done in the community so far with neopixel rings.

I legit can’t get over how much cooler the spinning lights look over the original even though it doesn’t seem to mix sense given from why we’ve seen in the interior of the cyclotron
#4962313
THawke wrote: December 1st, 2021, 6:29 am
Spacejockey426 wrote: December 1st, 2021, 2:29 am Forgive me if this has already appeared this forum, but Walmart sells Stay Puft Marshmallows (they're put out by Campfire brand), in both regular and mini sizes. About $1.49 per bag. They had them in quantity, and may have been on sale since June. I picked up two of each. So, you could carefully open the bags, eat the marshmallows, clean out the bag real good, and possibly use it in a display that includes the mini Stay Puft figures we'll be receiving (maybe working their way out of the bag, as they did in one of the trailers) and the proton pack . . . Just a thought . . .

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Campfire-Sta ... /311852550
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Campfire-Sta ... /548582516
Hobby Lobby sells foam marshmallows. You could fill the Stay Puft bag with those also.
https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbi ... gI9R_D_BwE
Thanks, THawke ! I was wondering if something like this existed . . . . I'll see if I can get some of these this week, maybe - there are a couple of Hobby Lobby locations near me, the closest just about 5 miles away . . . . Hmmm . .. I wonder how they taste . . . :-)
#4962314
Kingpin wrote: December 1st, 2021, 3:31 am
ZLevee wrote: November 30th, 2021, 9:00 pm Given the end of the final trailer, is this really a spoiler?
It is a spoiler even though it was featured in the trailer.
Some users will have intentionally avoided watching the final trailer, and while spoiler images are allowed in the Afterlife sub-forum, I think it's a bit inconsiderate to post those photos here where forum users wouldn't naturally be expecting them.
GhostFaceX wrote: December 1st, 2021, 1:27 am So here's hoping that in a year or so they do Ray's (or Peter's) Proton Pack, and Ray's Neutrona Wand.
I wouldn't hold any hope on Hasbro producing a dedicated 1984-style Proton Pack. The current one managed to achieve 7000 backers willing to pay $400 to get it produced, but Hasbro may be skeptical if the market would be willing to commit the same amount of money for a very similar product - if they're even allowed to build one by Sony.
I agree with this, and think that before Bill Rawley clammed up in the FB group eluded to as much by mentioning that incorporating as much removability of Afterlife specific elements was their intent. If they had a business plan to come out with an 84 style pack, I don't think we'd see the copper wires around the Clippard attached to a disc that appears to be removable.
#4962358
Idk, they have other props to release before they do another pack.. 2023 before we get this one. Without another movie and the steam wearing off from afterlife. Even if they had a Haslab for an '84 pack, it might be overly optimistic to think they could reach 7000 again. I think you're better off modding this one to an 84 then waiting 5 years for hasbro to do '84-89. Assuming they keep the licence that long. Besides, as great as the hasbro one looks, it's not going to match the quality of Mack factory. Better options for an original movie pack than hasbro
#4962359
ccv66 wrote: December 1st, 2021, 7:12 pm Idk, they have other props to release before they do another pack.. 2023 before we get this one. Without another movie and the steam wearing off from afterlife. Even if they had a Haslab for an '84 pack, it might be overly optimistic to think they could reach 7000 again. I think you're better off modding this one to an 84 then waiting 5 years for hasbro to do '84-89. Assuming they keep the licence that long. Besides, as great as the hasbro one looks, it's not going to match the quality of Mack factory. Better options for an original movie pack than hasbro
Yes I really think we'll get a trap and PKE meter before, but I'm saying eventually it will happen. Plus there will be another movie.

For the price, the Hasbro looks amazing. I could see them selling a second one for a higher price though. And I'd still buy 5.

The Mack factory one isn't really available, and no clue if it'll have electronics.
#4962360
The chances of them doing another pack are gonna be slim to none.
#4962362
I’d be very surprised if they didn’t make a trap and PKE, considering how prominent both are in Afterlife.
#4962363
They'd be throwing away money if they don't do either a trap or a PKE. After seeing the movie a few more times, I'm confident the stock trap and the RTV are too different to combine into a single item like I originally thought they'd do. If Hasbro does put out the PKE, it'll be the Afterlife version.
  • 1
  • 27
  • 28
  • 29
  • 30
  • 31
  • 50

There were only two things in Afterlife that kinda[…]

Afterlife Deleted Scenes (spoilers)

Even weirder is, on the main menu, when you selec[…]

MikeNelson1982

Decided to read up on some of these threads sinc[…]

Clear Dome Ideas

It's a great idea, less weight than an acrylic dom[…]