JTurchetta wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 8:42 pm Allow me to start a new discussion: How do you all plan on displaying the pack once it arrives? I have a studio here at the house where I work out of and its part man cave, part grown up play room to help inspire me and my clients to be creative and have fun etc (I own a production company). In one corner I have a work bench and I thought about propping that out to make it look like Egons work bench. When i am not using it i thought it would be fun to have the pack on display like its being worked on etc.

What about you all? I'd love to hear what your blue sky ideas are!
Guitar stand.
JTurchetta, One time liked this
deadderek wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 10:06 pm
JTurchetta wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 8:42 pm Allow me to start a new discussion: How do you all plan on displaying the pack once it arrives? I have a studio here at the house where I work out of and its part man cave, part grown up play room to help inspire me and my clients to be creative and have fun etc (I own a production company). In one corner I have a work bench and I thought about propping that out to make it look like Egons work bench. When i am not using it i thought it would be fun to have the pack on display like its being worked on etc.

Guitar stand.
Plasma Series Supernatural Stand
Dragonfire82877 liked this
VenomSymbiote wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 11:03 pm Do Alice frames kinda work like a kickstand for packs? I thought I saw people propping them up using the frame. Am I mistaken, is it doable, or a bad idea?
Depends if you attach it lower/higher. Some ppl have it attached quite low and that’s how it stands on its own
VenomSymbiote liked this
jonogunn wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 11:23 pm
VenomSymbiote wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 11:03 pm Do Alice frames kinda work like a kickstand for packs? I thought I saw people propping them up using the frame. Am I mistaken, is it doable, or a bad idea?
Depends if you attach it lower/higher. Some ppl have it attached quite low and that’s how it stands on its own
I hope the Haslab pack has options for both high and low as I'd like mine to just kinda sit on the floor by itself but I wouldn't want others who like theirs higher to be left out.
Dragonfire82877 liked this
VenomSymbiote wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 11:25 pm I hope the Haslab pack has options for both high and low as I'd like mine to just kinda sit on the floor by itself but I wouldn't want others who like theirs higher to be left out.
I'd be surprised if Haslab includes more than one mounting point for the A.L.I.C.E frame.
I don't think we're going to miss that last goal, not by a longshot. We'll have a good run of backers in the last few days, plus 3rd party retailers will surely buy some.

I just realized that this shows how much support Ghostbusters merchandise has AND that people appreciate a great value. I hope Hasbro gets the right message from this...or at least the Ghostbusters group at Hasbro. I'm over Star Wars and Marvel at this point.

I did notice that they release the first wave of Ghostbusters Plasma series figures and they were so barebones...no proton streams, no traps, terrible paintjobs. I was certain the line would get killed off after wave 1. But they gave it another chance and definitely upped the value with wave 2. So I think they're getting it.
GhostFaceX wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 4:24 am I don't think we're going to miss that last goal, not by a longshot. We'll have a good run of backers in the last few days, plus 3rd party retailers will surely buy some.

I just realized that this shows how much support Ghostbusters merchandise has AND that people appreciate a great value. I hope Hasbro gets the right message from this...or at least the Ghostbusters group at Hasbro. I'm over Star Wars and Marvel at this point.

I did notice that they release the first wave of Ghostbusters Plasma series figures and they were so barebones...no proton streams, no traps, terrible paintjobs. I was certain the line would get killed off after wave 1. But they gave it another chance and definitely upped the value with wave 2. So I think they're getting it.
Even after they did a better job on wave two of the Plasma figures, they still are just okay looking to me. Diamond Select did a decent job when they had the line, but I would love for NECA to somehow secure the rights.
Dragonfire82877 wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 4:55 am
GhostFaceX wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 4:24 am I don't think we're going to miss that last goal, not by a longshot. We'll have a good run of backers in the last few days, plus 3rd party retailers will surely buy some.

Even after they did a better job on wave two of the Plasma figures, they still are just okay looking to me. Diamond Select did a decent job when they had the line, but I would love for NECA to somehow secure the rights.
Yeah I'm very frustrated from both companies. I have most of the Diamond ones. The paint jobs are much better...but the stickers and stuff keep falling off.

Neca would make some cool ones, maybe in like ten years. I remember wanting the Mattel ones so bad when I saw the We're Back set at TRU, but couldn't afford it. The Diamond versions are light years away.

These Hasbro ones are a huge step back, but they'll be fun to just kind of have/hold/play with a little lol. Very excited about the GitD ones though.
Talyn wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 9:41 am So, both of the other Haslab projects going n \on have had items added to the base goal, in an effort to get them funded.

Sure would be nice if they did the same here, even if it doesnt need it.
Lesson learned: next time we get a Ghostbusters Haslab, everyone who wants to get one or is interested to get it should wait until the very end. The Hasbro team goes all panicky and throws in more stuff. More bang for the buck.
Okay, the added stuff is panic mode, trying to get people to back.

Think of it this way:
You have 3 different friends having a party, one is clearly a better party. The other two are going to do what ever they can to entice people to show up to theirs.
Pack party has a giant pool, a live band, and catered. Rancor party has checkers, store brand chips, and their dad's old AM radio. Uh oh, look out! They're getting crazy! They just set up their Atari! Skystriker party isn't bad, but it doesn't have anything special about it.
Ecto24601, deadderek liked this
The star wars Haslab was miss handled.
Not sure if there is much to complain about Haslab pack. They made the most desirable unlockables the earliest tiers.

Considering I think even diamond select was caught off guard when they couldn't get the scolari brothers rights, which they already had, I think we should just agree licensing is more complicated than we think..

Is anyone else worried that because Spirit Halloween has full size traps and PKE that we may not get them from Hasbro.

Not to mention Hollywood collectibles trap and goggles
ccv66 wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 3:12 pm The star wars Haslab was miss handled.
Not sure if there is much to complain about Haslab pack. They made the most desirable unlockables the earliest tiers.

Considering I think even diamond select was caught off guard when they couldn't get the scolari brothers rights, which they already had, I think we should just agree licensing is more complicated than we think..

Is anyone else worried that because Spirit Halloween has full size traps and PKE that we may not get them from Hasbro.

You said it yourself: Spirit and Hollywood collecitbel are sharing licences. they both have traps and Pke meters, and ecto googles scale 1:1. So there is no oposition for Hasbro to not be able to get these licences too if we see it that way.

Another thign is that hollywood col has the rigths for ana curate trap with pedal, and for an acurate googles, while spirit has the rights for a "halfway cheap" replica, liek traps without pedla, or ectogoogles with ligths and slightly diferent in details. That might be an issue with Hasbro if they want to do a replica similar to hollywood collectibles.

But we never know if they have the rigths or not.

About Diamond, I guess they lost the rights to buidl that Ecto 1 to the figures scale they announced long time ago right?
ProtonPack83 liked this
dantonvfx wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 5:09 pm
ccv66 wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 3:12 pm The star wars Haslab was miss handled.

You said it yourself: Spirit and Hollywood collecitbel are sharing licences. they both have traps and Pke meters, and ecto googles scale 1:1. So there is no oposition for Hasbro to not be able to get these licences too if we see it that way.

Another thign is that hollywood col has the rigths for ana curate trap with pedal, and for an acurate googles, while spirit has the rights for a "halfway cheap" replica, liek traps without pedla, or ectogoogles with ligths and slightly diferent in details. That might be an issue with Hasbro if they want to do a replica similar to hollywood collectibles.

But we never know if they have the rigths or not.
For clarity, the Hollywood Collectibles items are just that - collectibles. They are non-functioning display pieces. That would fall under a different type of license. Spirit Halloween has a license to make costume accessories. Thats what their trap and PKE meters fall into. Hasbro appears to have a license to do prop replica toys (similar to what Mattel had with Sony Pictures Licensing) under the Plasma Series banner. While all three offer similar items, from a licensing stand point they are all very different and allow the traps, PKE and goggles to exist at 3 different price points and types of product.

The HasLab pack, is a prop replica toy, aimed at the adult toy collector. It allows Hasbro to offer a pack to us that promotes Afterlife, while still giving the hardcore, devoted fans the ability to get their hands on a close to screen accurate proton pack.

We can wax philosophic all day about the "coulda, woulda, shoulda," but the reality is we are ALL getting a damn good looking proton pack with functionality and play-ability that very few have ever incorporated into their packs before.

There is so little to be unhappy about here and I cant wait for 2023!
From this moment on I would like to request the discussion stays on the topic of the HasLab Spengler release rather than veer any further into the hypothetical "Haslab '84 Pack" discussion.
If Hasbro announces such a project we'll create a new topic, but until then, the topic seems rather academic.

Users are welcome to discuss their conversion plans for the upcoming Haslab Pack in this new thread: Official HasLab Spengler Pack to Classic Pack conversion thread.
JTurchetta, Ryusui, mrmichaelt and 2 others liked this
If I want to make the plasma wand more accurate to the movie, what kind of tape should I order for the handle? Is it olive green drab gaffer tape? It almost has a shiny side, could it be something else? What would be a good way to give it a permanent blackwash like on the real one?

ZLevee liked this
GhostFaceX wrote: December 4th, 2021, 4:26 am If I want to make the plasma wand more accurate to the movie, what kind of tape should I order for the handle? Is it olive green drab gaffer tape? It almost has a shiny side, could it be something else? What would be a good way to give it a permanent blackwash like on the real one?
Most people are using gaffers tape, and i agree that it does look like gaffers tape...i just hate the stuff! Gaffers tape is supposed to be very temporary, it comes up easily and with no mess, which means when you use it on your prop...a week later its starting to release from the foam on your Alice frame. for my foam i added super glue to the edges of the tape and that stopped it from pulling up...im sure that could work for the handle of the wand.
get yourself some cheap craft acrylics, brown and black, and put a drop of paint into some water and use the "wash" to give it a darker old look. get it the consistently of coffee to start and you will be safe.
GhostFaceX liked this

I'm considering a workbench-type display myself. Something based on the work benches in the firehouse basement in the GBTVG game.

I currently have a Spirit pack hanging on my wall. Hopefully I can find an easy way to replace it with this one. Anyone else have a pack hanging up and want to share tips?
Spidon wrote: December 4th, 2021, 1:14 pm

I currently have a Spirit pack hanging on my wall. Hopefully I can find an easy way to replace it with this one. Anyone else have a pack hanging up and want to share tips?
I have two spirit packs hanging on my closet door with a random clothes hanging fixture you can find for the top of doors. One hanging there with the straps, the other hanging there with the ring on top since it's the backpack pack. I don't know if I'd trust it with the Haslab pack though.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]