Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By joezlo
Alphagaia wrote: January 7th, 2022, 9:53 am I'm guessing Janine is bringing them artefacts from Egons will, probably tailor made to let them reminisce the good old times.

Might I even go as far that she brings them back the packs?

Darn, her going to the guys fixes so much of the weird choices for the ending as Phoebe was basically needed by Egon to hold the fort untill the GB arrive.

SHOW US THE JANINE CUT!
I like the idea of a Janine cut.

It would give more gravity to IDW being cannon because of Janine's heavy involvement. (And give her the respect she deserves)

The Making of Book also mentions Ray's Occult has card readings in the back, but you don't see that in the film; I know I'm reaching here still trying to cannonize IDW (which is not impossible) but Ray does meet up with the No Fluke Jennifer from GB1 in the comics, and it would be an ironic if she was the Card Reader @ Ray's Occult.

But I still have to state I'm happy with Afterlife overall and want to see what they do next with GB.
By mrmichaelt
Going thru special features, there's some little deleted moments

Summoning The Spirit: At 8:01 mark, brief filming shot of Callie walking to her car from Wertheimers Hardware and Sheriff Domingo is there looking at her car. I guess to give ticket

Gearhead's Guide:
-2:21 mark: Phoebe stepping out of lab through exit for the popcorn making deleted scene
-2:59 mark: Before scene of Podcast prying trap with ruler, Phoebe says wood vs metal box, who will win?
Ecto24601 liked this
By mrmichaelt
Summoning the Spirits has possibly one more at the 16:49 mark or at most an alternate view of the last scene. There's the shot of the backs of the OGB's packs as they look up at the sky. Well, standing in front of them was Podcast, still covered in marshmallow residue. He turns his head and looks at them. They look at him and I think say something.
SpaceBallz wrote: January 27th, 2022, 3:02 pm Has it been confirmed yet if all the deleted scenes will be included in the blu-ray?
The standalone release for Afterlife has only one deleted scene It's Never Too Late on the 4K and Blu-ray. The DVD only has the Summoning the Spirits featurette.
Such a weird choice to not include at least a few more of the deleted scenes on the disc. I mean, maybe that was Jason's will, or maybe (I doubt it, but maybe) they're holding them for a future release. I know I wasn't alone in hoping a bunch of them would've at least been included in the box set on the bonus disc.
By mrmichaelt
tylergfoster wrote:Such a weird choice to not include at least a few more of the deleted scenes on the disc. I mean, maybe that was Jason's will, or maybe (I doubt it, but maybe) they're holding them for a future release. I know I wasn't alone in hoping a bunch of them would've at least been included in the box set on the bonus disc.
Even weirder is, on the main menu, when you select special features, a column appears on the right side of the screen and you go up/down to peruse them. And instead of the one deleted scene, when you click ok, it takes you to another column with just the one scene to select.
By Bison256
joezlo wrote: January 20th, 2022, 10:04 am
Alphagaia wrote: January 7th, 2022, 9:53 am I'm guessing Janine is bringing them artefacts from Egons will, probably tailor made to let them reminisce the good old times.

Might I even go as far that she brings them back the packs?

Darn, her going to the guys fixes so much of the weird choices for the ending as Phoebe was basically needed by Egon to hold the fort untill the GB arrive.

SHOW US THE JANINE CUT!
I like the idea of a Janine cut.

It would give more gravity to IDW being cannon because of Janine's heavy involvement. (And give her the respect she deserves)

The Making of Book also mentions Ray's Occult has card readings in the back, but you don't see that in the film; I know I'm reaching here still trying to cannonize IDW (which is not impossible) but Ray does meet up with the No Fluke Jennifer from GB1 in the comics, and it would be an ironic if she was the Card Reader @ Ray's Occult.

But I still have to state I'm happy with Afterlife overall and want to see what they do next with GB.
If you want to cannonize IDW stories just consider that very similar events to afterlife will happen in that timeline's future.
mrmichaelt wrote:Even weirder is, on the main menu, when you select special features, a column appears on the right side of the screen and you go up/down to peruse them. And instead of the one deleted scene, when you click ok, it takes you to another column with just the one scene to select.
I’m still of the opinion the Deleted Scenes were pulled from the home release late in the day. I think fan reaction here and elsewhere may have made them reconsider an extended cut down the line. Even Jason at GBNews said he felt the theatrical cut was chopped up a bit.
I think the first part with the toaster and the coin, and the part with Phoebe looking out at the generators - would be interesting to work into the film.

The line about dementia bombed and made Phoebe seem mean so can see why it got cut. Though it implies the cut material gave Phoebe more of an arc going from non-believer to Ghostbuster so it may have paid off in a later scene.

If Ghost Corp are reading, I would be willing to offer my services as a one-man test audience for any future output.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: January 30th, 2022, 2:05 pm I think the first part with the toaster and the coin, and the part with Phoebe looking out at the generators - would be interesting to work into the film.

The line about dementia bombed and made Phoebe seem mean so can see why it got cut. Though it implies the cut material gave Phoebe more of an arc going from non-believer to Ghostbuster so it may have paid off in a later scene.

If Ghost Corp are reading, I would be willing to offer my services as a one-man test audience for any future output.
That'll be the hook for the next box set. Let the fans do new cuts of the movies. I volunteer! I volunteer as tribute...
Chicken, He Clucked and -1 others liked this
By RichardLess
Kingpin wrote: January 30th, 2022, 6:04 pm As the film's not officially out on DVD and Blu-Ray yet I've opted to remove the link to the deleted scene for the time being.
Just as an aside. It’s been available on digital for weeks and the deleted scene is included.

This is the new world we live in I guess. The physical media and the digital. Anyone who has AppleTV has had access to all the special features from GBA.
By Ecto24601
After reading the list of new GB2 deleted scenes I extended it to include all three movies. This is the Afterlife part, roughly in chronological order of the movie.

GHOSTBUSTERS AFTERLIFE DELETED SCENES

Egon escapes the crashed truck (?)
Zuul attacks Egon extended
Getting evicted, exiting the apartment
Janine meets Callie extended – the only scene released officially
1960s Ghostbusters song (?)
Egon's funeral (?)
Callie's backstory (?)
Phoebe gets a Doritos welcome by her new classmates
Callie gets a parking ticket
Leaving Spinner's extended
Trevor working on Ecto's engine
Wood vs metal
They made a movie about it in the 90s
Making popcorn with protons
Failing to trap Muncher extended
Podcasts loves Ecto
Slimed waitress
Podcast eats ectoplasm
Phoebe soldering PKE
Terror (dog) at Walmart extended
Mini-Pufts invade Wertheimer's hardware
Janine visits Dana and Peter
Janine visits Winston extended
Janine at the farmhouse final battle
Ray insults Gozer
By mrmichaelt
To summarize what's in The Art and Making of The Movie:

1. The popcorn deleted scene on

-Page 6
"A girl finds a dormant proton pack lying dead in a basement. She carries the heavy pack out into a cornfield and fires a proton stream into the crops. They explode like fireworks into a cloud of raining popcorn. She screams and inadvertently begin catching them like snowflakes on her tongue."

-Page 10
Still of Phoebe with thrower drawn in field, Jason filming her.

-Page 24
Still of Phoebe catching popcorn happily.

2. Phoebe pulls red wagon with gear along gravel path at the Foundry. Podcast walks behind her on Page 110
Still of scene

3. Another shot of Jason filming the deleted Wertheimer's with Mini-Pufts on page 158

Unused concepts

1. Dimetrodon ghost, an ornery school teacher, Class III Demon from the 2nd Circle of Hell, and cosmic terror inspired by the Lovecraft mythos on page 142

2. Balloon ghost, possessed chicken sandwich, School crossing guard ghost - Louise was one of the best crossing guards in Summerville until that runaway school bus took her down, and Rancher ghost - This rancher had an unfortunate encounter with a young steer that had a bad temper
Source: The Art and Making of The Movie Page 154
Concept art by Brynn Metheney

3. Assorted Miner ghosts - Dynamite, Pick Axe, Lunchboc, Coats, Shovel
Source: The Art and Making of The Movie Page 155
Concept art by Brynn Metheney

Storyboards

1. After the truck flips, Egon has to close the Trap as Vinz's arm reaches out on Page 26-27, by James Doh

Any others I missed?
By d_osborn
Ecto24601 wrote: February 4th, 2022, 12:46 pm GHOSTBUSTERS AFTERLIFE DELETED SCENES
Janine at the farmhouse final battle
Uhhhh... what? When was this confirmed? I've seen pics of Potts on the farmhouse set, but nothing hinting that Janine was ever present during the big finale.
By Kingpin
d_osborn wrote: February 18th, 2022, 8:41 am Uhhhh... what? When was this confirmed? I've seen pics of Potts on the farmhouse set, but nothing hinting that Janine was ever present during the big finale.
There's a bit of footage of Annie on the enclosed farm set speaking to Jason with Carrie in her Zuul costume, and then stood on the farmhouse porch with the flashing blue of Wrecto-1's lights visible (at the 1:07 and 1:49 marks respectively), she's wearing a different outfit to the rest she's seen wearing in Afterlife... Which leads to speculation she was going to be present at the farmhouse at the end of the film after Gozer's been defeated.

By d_osborn
Kingpin wrote: February 18th, 2022, 9:10 am Which leads to speculation she was going to be present at the farmhouse at the end of the film after Gozer's been defeated.
I'd love to be wrong, but I think she was just hanging out on set. I really wish that script would surface. Have any "For Your Consideration" copies popped up?

I know next to nothing about hair/makeup in film-- does it look like Annie has gone through the process in her BTS shots with Bill? I don't have the images handy, but I've seen several BST pics of Annie with Bill in the flightsuit, I think the Terror Dog head is there?
By tylergfoster
Kingpin wrote: February 18th, 2022, 9:10 am
d_osborn wrote: February 18th, 2022, 8:41 am Uhhhh... what? When was this confirmed? I've seen pics of Potts on the farmhouse set, but nothing hinting that Janine was ever present during the big finale.
There's a bit of footage of Annie on the enclosed farm set speaking to Jason with Carrie in her Zuul costume, and then stood on the farmhouse porch with the flashing blue of Wrecto-1's lights visible (at the 1:07 and 1:49 marks respectively), she's wearing a different outfit to the rest she's seen wearing in Afterlife... Which leads to speculation she was going to be present at the farmhouse at the end of the film after Gozer's been defeated.

Is she also in this video at 1:30, during the Peter and Dana scene? EDIT: I see that's already on the list.

In the first snippet of her on the farmhouse set, she appears to have Janine's red glasses, which suggests she's in costume. I also think there's almost no question she's acting in the second clip, probably another reaction shot of Callie hugging Egon.
By mrmichaelt
Rewatching Is It Ever Too Late?, I just noticed Trevor is looking at a record in the study then puts it down and walks away. Got me curious if that's the 60s song that band did a cover of for the Ghostbusters song. Must have been a whole deleted scene for when the record is played because the only time he's in the study was what, the beginning and the end when Callie is possessed?
By Ecto24601
mrmichaelt wrote: February 19th, 2022, 12:31 am Rewatching Is It Ever Too Late?, I just noticed Trevor is looking at a record in the study then puts it down and walks away. Got me curious if that's the 60s song that band did a cover of for the Ghostbusters song. Must have been a whole deleted scene for when the record is played because the only time he's in the study was what, the beginning and the end when Callie is possessed?
Exactly this led me to adding the 1960s GB song to the list at that point in order. Sure it could have been played at a total different time or place (Spinners the most logical setting for a jukebox).

I wonder what a 2020 (June up to March 2021 release) cut would have looked like. We know Bug-eye was a very late addition, and the firehouse scenes too.
By mrmichaelt
Ecto24601 wrote: February 19th, 2022, 2:19 am Exactly this led me to adding the 1960s GB song to the list at that point in order. Sure it could have been played at a total different time or place (Spinners the most logical setting for a jukebox).

I wonder what a 2020 (June up to March 2021 release) cut would have looked like. We know Bug-eye was a very late addition, and the firehouse scenes too.
Yes, as a lot of us suspect, Trevor probably had a lot more scenes and I'd bet he's the one that plays the record. Maybe he even has a player in his bedroom.
By Kingpin
mrmichaelt wrote: February 19th, 2022, 9:33 pm Maybe he even has a player in his bedroom.
They mentioned fitting out Trevor's bedroom along with Phoebe's when Adam Savage was discussing the two house sets that were built with one of the production staff, so that does seem likely.
I just finished the first step in working on my official full set of Ghostbusters: Afterlife framegrabs for the Ghostbusters Wiki (gallery) and the Spook Central VIPs (download in a zip). 7,400+ images later, I noticed a few things that may or may not be known.

Trailer #1 shows the Terror Dog spirit dashing between the school buses:
https://www.theraffon.net/spookcentral/ ... t21_lg.jpg
That shot is not in the movie; only a shot of the spirit at the tail end of the buses is seen.

International Trailer #3 shows us this shot of Ecto-1 exiting the Shandor Mines bridge, which has been FLIPPED:
https://www.theraffon.net/spookcentral/ ... t18_lg.jpg
In the movie, the shot is corrected, with the signs seen on the right in the trailer actually on the left in the movie.

Also, is it already known that the shots of the water tower from both Trailer #1 and #2 aren't in the movie? The only time you see the tower is in the background.
spookcentral wrote: March 2nd, 2022, 9:23 pm Also, is it already known that the shots of the water tower from both Trailer #1 and #2 aren't in the movie? The only time you see the tower is in the background.
The shot at 33 seconds in Trailer #1 and right at the start of Trailer #2? Could have sworn that shot is when Callie first drives through Summerville. EDIT: No, different shot. You were right.
https://blog.frame.io/2021/12/01/art-of ... afterlife/

-Callie advised Phoebe to wink so people knew she was kidding
ORLOFF: Actually to continue on this subject, in that scene when she [Mckenna Grace playing Phoebe] said, “Maybe it’s the apocalypse,” she winked after that, and in the original version of the movie, winking was a thing that her mom told her to do to let people know she was kidding. We experimented even later putting that back where she said that and then winked, and Dana was completely right. It was funny, but it didn’t keep the energy up and it was like begging for more laughs when you just had a great one. We needed to just keep going, and the movie’s better for it.

--I'd be fairly confident in saying this was in one of the car scenes - either at Spinners after Trevor goes inside to apply or on the way to town the next day. Unless there was a completely obliterated scene inside the farmhouse after Janine but before first day at summer school.

-More on Callie's relationships
ORLOFF: There was a lot of stuff that expanded on Callie and her relationship with her father that was alluded to, and even Callie with her relationship with Phoebe. But, just like we were talking about with short films, is that what you really need? What do you really need to tell the story? If you have the beats there, it’s what the movie is. The final runtime is about two hours, right?

-First assembly cut
GLAUBERMAN: The first assembly was 2hr 56min.

-Phoebe told more jokes to Gozer
ORLOFF: There are more jokes that Phoebe told at the stairs and it was very long because I just cut every joke in because they shot a lot of jokes to find the best one. So we’re watching the assembly with the assistants and it turns into a comedy club.

--That would have been a fun reel to watch. Will be. Will be.
Alphagaia liked this
Proton Props UK

In the uk a prize draw of this kind with only a pa[…]

Uniform Tips

You're going to be going to cons, not hiking up Sn[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]