Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Alphagaia wrote: March 9th, 2022, 1:01 am The bad news: It seems Ghostbusters Afterlife won't be showing up on HBO Max, at least in the Netherlands.

The good news? Pathe is finally making it possible to rent the movie tomorrow. Only took 2 more months of waiting. It's still dumb.

The best news? After 3 weeks, my import finally arrived. My kid watched the Muncher Chase Sequence and boy, was he onboard. At first he asked where the GB were, until he realized the kids were going to catch that level 5 metal muncher. He jumped up and down for joy while I translated for him on the fly. His biggest worry was that the big car could crush the small one.
Bummer to hear that but 2 out of 3 ain't too bad.
Alphagaia liked this
So do we all assume the real special features for Afterlife are being held back for the inevitable 2024 re-releases?

As much as I love Afterlife, the special features were so underwhelming.
Dr.D, Wafflerobot liked this
WCat2000 wrote: February 10th, 2022, 3:57 pm My Blu Ray 3 pack came in.

GB1 and 2 were packed on top of each other which is weird imo. Usually cases have that middle flap when it’s more than 2 discs. There seems to be slight scratches on them but probably ok. Kind of want to watch those first now to make sure.

I have a bunch of clear/store bought dvd cases so I’m putting Afterlife in one of those separate from them. Not going to stack them again.
Ok, I have to ask since no one else did: GB1 & GB2 are the 2014 Blu-ray discs, right?

When I reviewed all of the Ghostbusters Afterlife home video releases on Spook Central, I had to guess what discs were in the 3-Movie Collections. It would be great to get confirmation from someone that actually owns it.
mrmichaelt wrote: March 11th, 2022, 4:35 pm
deadderek wrote:So do we all assume the real special features for Afterlife are being held back for the inevitable 2024 re-releases?
No doubt, that's what my first thought was after finishing watching the special features. They gotta have worms to dangle...
I'm guessing some of the extra features got turned into promotional material as well to overcome the extra wait thanks to COVID.
spookcentral wrote: March 11th, 2022, 7:53 pm
WCat2000 wrote: February 10th, 2022, 3:57 pm My Blu Ray 3 pack came in.

GB1 and 2 were packed on top of each other which is weird imo. Usually cases have that middle flap when it’s more than 2 discs. There seems to be slight scratches on them but probably ok. Kind of want to watch those first now to make sure.

I have a bunch of clear/store bought dvd cases so I’m putting Afterlife in one of those separate from them. Not going to stack them again.
Ok, I have to ask since no one else did: GB1 & GB2 are the 2014 Blu-ray discs, right?

When I reviewed all of the Ghostbusters Afterlife home video releases on Spook Central, I had to guess what discs were in the 3-Movie Collections. It would be great to get confirmation from someone that actually owns it.
Ya I think so. I never had them before.

Also when I went back to watch the extra features in part 1 I tried out that scene again that had the I glitch and it did not happen. All I did was wipe it with a microfiber cloth. Maybe it helped or maybe my Blu Ray player was just acting weird.

The scratch is not deep and needs the light to be seen. Hope it doesn’t happen again or at any other point.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Amazon exclusive Japanese Steelbook with extra 15 minute interview https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/gp/produc ... UTF8&psc=1

About £65 delivered to non-Japan countries
Last edited by UEF on March 31st, 2022, 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

UEF wrote: March 31st, 2022, 4:21 pm Amazon exclusive Steelbook with extra 15 minute interview https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/gp/produc ... UTF8&psc=1

I hope it turns out to be an Amazon exclusive to all Amazons and not just Japan. I'm not paying that much yen for a steelbook and exclusive feature.

mrmichaelt wrote: March 31st, 2022, 6:09 pm
UEF wrote: March 31st, 2022, 4:21 pm Amazon exclusive Steelbook with extra 15 minute interview https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/gp/produc ... UTF8&psc=1

I hope it turns out to be an Amazon exclusive to all Amazons and not just Japan. I'm not paying that much yen for a steelbook and exclusive feature.
I doubt it at this point in the release - you may have to pay up

mrmichaelt wrote: March 31st, 2022, 6:09 pm

Japanese Amazon exclusives for Sony movies are common. They had superb deluxe boxes for Far From Home and Spider-Verse, the "Proton Pack" edition for Ghostbusters (2016), etc.

The same bonus disc appears to be included in this alternate version of the Ultimate Box Set. No Japanese translation of Making Ghostbusters, since the book is scans, but you get a sticker book with posters for the movies.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/%E3%83%9E ... 59&sr=1-16

Here, also, is another version of the Steelbook with the bonus disc, using the design that they had at Zavvi.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/%E3%83%9E ... 59&sr=1-24
mrmichaelt liked this

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]