For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
After about a year's worth of research, I have finally figured out how to extract and convert the sound files from Terminal Reality's Ghostbusters video game. I'm not the first person to figure this out however, as others have uploaded some sounds online. NOBODY, however, has converted or uploaded ALL the sound files, as there are 3,321 individual sounds.

Until today, of course. After tedious work, day after day of converting the SMP files to WAV, one by one, I finally did it, and just in time for the new movie!

If you want to see them for yourselves, please click here!
NotSabbat liked this
What a touching article? It's one of those articles that time travels you to the story of a person or team as they went about doing something special. To this day, people can't think of this franchise without thinking about that game because it left a good taste in everyone's mouth. It fell short as a game, but it didn't fall short as an experience and to me I would of loved it if the powers at be just let the game play out and then do their moves that hurt the others (which by the way most were crap), this could of been an awesome game and awesome experience. Bill's involvement ... I respect it, but I don't like it and I wish I understood why he treats the franchise like this sometimes? He obviously loves it, he makes money from it, and it shows off his best talents with other films, but his departure and the fact he was going to be a bigger role in some levels does explain a lot of the dialogue that when I play it now, I think I can see where he would of came in because the Venkman character does say a lot more than he does in the actual game. Still, I'm glad we got this game, and it is beyond just a game sequel to a movie. I'm happy we got to see this story and the final quote by Harold Ramis ... that's a tear jerker :')
GBPaulRivera wrote:What a touching article? It's one of those articles that time travels you to the story of a person or team as they went about doing something special. To this day, people can't think of this franchise without thinking about that game because it left a good taste in everyone's mouth. It fell short as a game, but it didn't fall short as an experience and to me I would of loved it if the powers at be just let the game play out and then do their moves that hurt the others (which by the way most were crap), this could of been an awesome game and awesome experience. Bill's involvement ... I respect it, but I don't like it and I wish I understood why he treats the franchise like this sometimes? He obviously loves it, he makes money from it, and it shows off his best talents with other films, but his departure and the fact he was going to be a bigger role in some levels does explain a lot of the dialogue that when I play it now, I think I can see where he would of came in because the Venkman character does say a lot more than he does in the actual game. Still, I'm glad we got this game, and it is beyond just a game sequel to a movie. I'm happy we got to see this story and the final quote by Harold Ramis ... that's a tear jerker :')
Did you mean to post this in the thread about the article talking about the making of GB:TVG?

Even so, you mention let the game play out before doing movies that hurt the others? What? Do you mean the reboot, because nothing has hurt the old films, and won't hurt the old films.
These sound files are an awesome resource to have! I appreciate the hard work in grabbing them.

I'm currently cutting together a video project, and have been pulling my hair out trying to get into the BIN files to rip the game dialogue from Aykroyd, Murray and Ernie Hudson. Any chance someone on here is better at this than I am and could pull that for me? I'd greatly appreciate it.
skankerzero wrote:One day when I'm braver, I'll release ALL the unreleased stuff.

Do you have the normal SMP files that are on the data sections of the game files? I've been having a hell of a time trying to find a free program that will extract them.
    Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he does[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]