For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
mrmichaelt wrote: June 21st, 2022, 9:12 pm An Italian site posted a 3 minute video of "Rock Island" level.
Looks great, can't wait!
mrmichaelt liked this
I'm guessing it will not come out til next year. Still no release date. I'm not that upset that Bill Murray isn't in the game. Ernie and Dan being in it is good enough for me. I feel his character would feel like a 5th wheel as a supporting character. Peter never struck me as wanting to train new members anyway. Even in the original movie it seemed to mainly be Ray that trained Winston on how to be a Ghostbuster.
Winston1986 wrote: July 8th, 2022, 6:41 pm I'm guessing it will not come out til next year. Still no release date. I'm not that upset that Bill Murray isn't in the game. Ernie and Dan being in it is good enough for me. I feel his character would feel like a 5th wheel as a supporting character. Peter never struck me as wanting to train new members anyway. Even in the original movie it seemed to mainly be Ray that trained Winston on how to be a Ghostbuster.
It's still set for 4th quarter this year.
Does anyone know if there'd be any legal hiccups for adding the RGB equipment as equipment upgrades for the game? At the very least maybe let us alter colors and various other aspects of it that closely mimic the RGB equipment. That could bypass any sort of legal issues if it's just the players hobbling it together themselves through ingame assets, right?
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Releases on October 18. All physical releases will include advanced access to the following: The Basher Ghost, A Rare Ectoplast Skin, Remote Trap Vehicle KIT, and a Special P.K.E. Meter. Standard version is $40 and collector's edition is $70. (unclear what's in the collector's edition)
https://ghostbustersnews.com/2022/08/17 ... available/

Playstation 4
-Standard
https://www.amazon.com/Ghostbusters-Spi ... B0B9T67PMB
-Collector's version
https://www.amazon.com/Ghostbusters-Spi ... B0B9T6HX4Q

Playstation 5
-Standard
https://www.amazon.com/Ghostbusters-Spi ... B0B9T32CS5
-Collector's
https://www.amazon.com/Ghostbusters-Spi ... B0B9T3P85Q

XBox
-Standard
https://www.amazon.com/Ghostbusters-Spi ... 0B9T2YYXG/
-Collector's
https://www.amazon.com/Ghostbusters-Spi ... B0B9T73Y31
jonogunn wrote:At time of posting this I don’t see the preorder up on the PlayStation store yet
Hmm, maybe the digital pre-orders come later because I don't see Epic Games's one live yet but it's advertising a similar advance accecss but with Slimer and a custom Proton Pack and Particle Thrower. Plus, this was Amazon, I'm sure they posted pre-orders of their own accord and not when Sony or Illfonic dictated.
Did anyone else watch the stream earlier today?

By and large the game looks really good, there's nice use of all the iconic gear and it seems the capture sequences should be a lot of fun... Good to hear that the ghost can by controlled by the AI as well as a real player.

Loving how much of the Firehouse they've built... Physically it's pretty much the same amount as featured in the 2008 video game, but they've nailed a lot more of the details that Terminal Reality weren't able to quite capture right.

And the possessed starfish had me howling, there's some really nice work that's gone into the possessed object animations.
I love that while things are a bit different, they're also VERY familiar if you played the 2008 game: the overheat mechanic especially (vent manual to "rearm" faster, overheat is about 50% longer. Love that the trap isn't "automatic" like the old game... at least initially. Absolutely LOVE how you know what you're tracking by the PKE's onscreen LED arcs (upward arc for a rift, downward for a ghost). The PKE burst is a great touch.

I also LOVE how the game encourages team play on the 'buster's end without FORCING it. You CAN be a lone wolf, but man... are you at a disadvantage. I didn't see or hear about a crossed stream mechanic... and I honestly hope that's a match option you can enable/disable. I can definitely see that as being an issue with random online teams. Also liking what I'm seeing with the customization so far.

The rifts are a great mechanic as is the haunting mechanics and how each room gets more freaky the longer a ghost is there. Even the civilian mechanic is great! Really adds to the gameplay beyond "shoot the thing!"

I need more. MORE.
Kingpin liked this
I never played dead by daylight or predator hunting ground. But ir seems in those games the solo player is more fun to play than the team of 4 being hunted.

But I’m this case being a ghostbusters is clearly more enticing. I just hope that playing as a ghost is really fun to keep the player base even
Dead by Daylight is frustrating due to just how overpowered the monster is, and it's worse if they know the map well. When you couple that with the "victim" players having VERY LITTLE to defend themselves, it turns into a bad time.

Predator had similar issues, but not as extreme, since, well, EVERYONE has a gun. The Predator has better toys, of course, but they're in no way unstoppable.

Ghostbusters looks to be more balanced than Predator having both sides having different, but equally effective methods of thwarting the other.
I bought a PS4 for the sole purpose of playing the remastered GBTVG last November but I did go ahead and buy a couple of other games including "Predator hunting grounds". I love the game and play it every weekend but originally
I thought the idea of playing the Predator was going to be the most fun part of the game, I was wrong.

playing as fireteam is the most fun part of "Hunting grounds" and it's a lot of strategy involved with different ways to win.

I've only played as the Predator a few times in the beginning but now I only play as a fireteam member. Gameplay with teams on these types of games are really going to fall on if you're playing with friends or random people. Friends will devise a plan while a team of random people will cause the whole team to fail. I'm really excited that Illfonic is doing Ghostbusters in a similar approach but unfortunately they're known for constant updates with glitches.
zeta otaku liked this
Okay, so they were talking about equipment. We know everyone gets a proton pack, PKE and a trap, but they also mentioned "secondary" equipment and showed off a hook shot (Zelda has RUINED me) to quickly move between floors without having to hunt down a stairwell.

Right, let me get to the point. I've been trying to think of other equipment they could add and I'm drawing a blank. I was thinking maybe ecto goggles that will show a vapor trail/foot prints (what? I can't imagine all the ghosts will be Slimer-like) to help track down an entity. I'm not talking about upgrades to equipment we know we'll have access to (stronger packs etc), just different secondary, swappable gear.
jonogunn liked this
RTV could be an automatic trap that follows the remote holder? They mentioned battery life on the standard traps, so to balance it, the RTV could chew through battery life faster? Another idea I just had would be something like the PKE disrupters from the 2008 game, but they slow down (or reverse when fully upgraded) haunting levels in rooms.

Wow, maybe like a bullhorn to pacify civilians at a longer distance... the LEAST ghost busting themed piece of equipment...

The waist strap may have been omitted to make it one less thing they had to worry about for character customization? Though, now that I think of it, it could've added a small layer of further customization by letting us choose between LC-1 and LC-2 style gut straps. Also, it's an earlier build, so the final MAY have them.
Very cool look at the gameplay. I love all the unique variables with civilians and environment changes that can influence the match result. Equipment and will be so fun!

My only concerns at this point are the ghost variety and maps. All 3 ghosts we have seen in promo are similar glowy hover style but no monster type or other style ghosts. I hope there will be more, and more maps with the devs promising DLC….
jonogunn, Kingpin liked this
Hasbro Ghostbusters

It could have been more accurate (barrel and[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]