Thankyou for the info :)
I haven't gotten around to removing the button flap just yet but I discovered that the zipper pulls on my boots are a silver coloured metal under the black and brass layers so that's one less thing i'll need to fake with paint.

Yeah the boschma cases are great.
Only just enough space for the pack and thrower but they do the job nicely.
Especially once you attach them to a nice sturdy wheeled base.
I also purchased Cocoran 995 for mine however didn't paint the zipper or remove the flap I'm sure it's been mentioned earlier but I think that model is going out of production soon.
By Nighty80
RealGhostbusterJay wrote: October 15th, 2021, 6:09 am I'm sure it's been mentioned earlier but I think that model is going out of production soon.
Yeah I've seen this mentioned too - looking around online there are only a few weird sizes left in stock, seems like once they're gone, they're gone. :sigh:
I've been looking for either a new or second hand pair for ages, 'cos my generic 10" non-zip boots are knackered. In the end I took a punt and last night ordered a pair of Rocky 2090's.
I accept they're not the right sole, zip is the wrong colour etc, but better than the ones I've got and the closest to 995's I could find in my size - that also ship to the UK.
Googled for a discount code ('BMS') and got 35% off, came to £75 +tax & shipping.
Inaccuracies aside, hopefully not bad compared to the few (wrong sized) new Corcoran's left on eBay, now up to £270 +etc. Fingers crossed they'll be OK!
I managed to score a pair of Carolina jump boots off ebay for like 50 quid. I know they aren't EXACTLY the same as the ones used in the films but they're still like 95% accurate.

Just a case of scouring ebay until some turn up.
Funnily enough I recently took a chance on a pair of Carolina’s not quite my size… Predictably, they don’t quite fit :walterpeck:
They’re pretty good though - and probably more accurate than the Rocky’s - but I haven’t seen any since. Will keep looking for the perfect pair of boots, but wanted something in the meantime
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

flixman_420 wrote: November 1st, 2021, 8:01 pm hello, im new to this forum. I've been looking for boots an im unable to find any. does anybody have any leads
Check eBay or amazon for 'military jump boots'.
You can find a decent pair for under $50

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... md=1&rt=nc

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... &_osacat=0
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

gamera1968 wrote: November 2nd, 2021, 1:00 pm
flixman_420 wrote: November 1st, 2021, 8:01 pm hello, im new to this forum. I've been looking for boots an im unable to find any. does anybody have any leads
Check eBay or amazon for 'military jump boots'.
You can find a decent pair for under $50

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... md=1&rt=nc

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... &_osacat=0
thank you for the links

i was hoping to find a boot close to the movie accurate. i know the Corcoran 10" Combat Jump Boots gave been discontinued
so im looking for other options that are close to them
By Pitstain
Figuring I will only wear them a couple times a year I opted for the Rocky's they're 20 footers like the Haslab pack and I don't enter any cosplay contests, more than good enough with a bit of modding to show off at the local Halloween parties.
Standard Issue Panama Jungle Boots for me. For $30.00 they're comfortable and lightweight and from a distance look fine.
I suppose I can stencil a fake zipper on them if I want to take the extra step. (Bad Pun) :oops:
navarre1095 liked this
By Danman21
These just came in today. Aside from the brass zipper, they’re the exact same model as the Harold Ramis boots that sold at auction.

These look like they haven’t even been worn. Can’t believe how affordable they were. Hit the jackpot with these. And in my size 10. Unbelievable.
trekgod3 wrote: July 1st, 2022, 4:57 pm I went with a pair of Rocky 2090 from eBay. Practically brand new, under $60 shipped. A lot more accurate than the Nortiv 8 inch boots I was using
+1 for the Rocky 2090, I'm really pleased with them :cool:
I modded mine slightly by cutting off the zip flaps, removed the pop studs and swapped out the laces for heavier ones. Used a bit of nail polish remover on a cloth to dull down the (very!) shiny finish, and have been scuffing them up on and off for a few months. I'm not painting the zips, but have been gently beating up the pulls with the wire brush attachment on my Dremel. When I'm happy with the overall distressing I'll treat them again with leather conditioner to bring up a nice weathered-buff.
trekgod3 liked this
As I am in the UK getting hold of screen accurate boots in my size is both difficult and expensive. So when these popped up on ebay that were in the UK and my size I thought 'close enough!' They've got the toe cap and side zipper (currently black - but nothing a bit of sandpaper won't solve) and overall a good bit of age and a good look. They fit perfectly and are very comfortable.
55_Central_Park_West wrote: May 20th, 2023, 4:44 am As I am in the UK getting hold of screen accurate boots in my size is both difficult and expensive. So when these popped up on ebay that were in the UK and my size I thought 'close enough!' They've got the toe cap and side zipper (currently black - but nothing a bit of sandpaper won't solve) and overall a good bit of age and a good look. They fit perfectly and are very comfortable.
Is there an indication who made those boots? I bought a pair like that maybe five-or-so years back, and I had to ditch them as the heel collapsed on one of them due to low-quality manufacturing.
Hi, there is a 'New Look' logo on the inside but it is a very old one. They used this logo between 2003 & 2012. So they are at least 11 years old. They seem structurally sound but are certainly not hi quality leather! I have done a pass on the zip with a silver sharpie and it's made quite a difference.
Currently I have a pair of Belgian Combat Boots (Late 60's to Mid 90's era) which do the job and have served me well
However I do urgently need a new pair of these as they are falling apart (they're not glued together but rather sewn and nailed together, and right now everywhere I walk I leave behind a trail of nails), and as good ones are becoming expensive and harder to find due to lots of knock-off versions that fall apart with the slightest bit of use, I am looking at alternatives.
Ideally I would like a pair of Corcoran 995 Jump boots but I don't quite know how hard these are to get (and as I have difficult feet I need to test fit my shoes before buying, so I can't source them online)
By tobycj
Rasponov wrote: October 16th, 2023, 7:35 am Ideally I would like a pair of Corcoran 995 Jump boots but I don't quite know how hard these are to get (and as I have difficult feet I need to test fit my shoes before buying, so I can't source them online)
They've been discontinued, and are becoming quite hard to find. You could get a pair of Corcoran 1500 boots, and get a cobbler to put the zips in for you. Forum user Abaka did this a while back, and has the spec of the zips in his post on here.
By THawke
I snagged a pair of Corcoran 1500s at a local surplus store last year. While I wish they were the zipper model, since I wear my flightsuit legs untucked (like Venkman), I don't worry too much about the lack of zippers.
Rasponov wrote: October 16th, 2023, 7:35 am Currently I have a pair of Belgian Combat Boots (Late 60's to Mid 90's era) which do the job and have served me well
However I do urgently need a new pair of these as they are falling apart (they're not glued together but rather sewn and nailed together, and right now everywhere I walk I leave behind a trail of nails), and as good ones are becoming expensive and harder to find due to lots of knock-off versions that fall apart with the slightest bit of use, I am looking at alternatives.
Ideally I would like a pair of Corcoran 995 Jump boots but I don't quite know how hard these are to get (and as I have difficult feet I need to test fit my shoes before buying, so I can't source them online)
Have you looked at the Paranormal Boots from Magnoli Clothiers? I have a pair, and they're great. Priced similar to what you'd spend on Corcorans, but with a more accurate pattern and zipper.
https://www.magnoliclothiers.com/parano ... -1130.html
Rasponov, Dioxide liked this
i went with the Rocky Leather Jump BootsImage

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]