Spoiler alert. No! But only because Amazon appear to be super unreliable at the moment!

Last week, I set myself the challenge of making a set of Ecto Goggles in a day. I ordered all the bits I needed from Amazon, and set the frame off printing on my 3D printer before I went to bed. Unfortunately owing to a mixture of Amazon both delaying items and actually sending me the wrong items, (albeit with the right barcodes) I didn't actually get to finish it in a day. But that's okay. As I was able to take a little more time over the eye protector and a few other bits.

The 3D print took a total of 14 hours at .3 resolution. 10 for the shell and 4 for the lenses and knobs. The only part if the build I'd change if/when I had/have more time is a coat of filler to smooth out the layer lines. Also, you'll see on most of the pics I have some 3D printed knurled knobs on the lenses but they weren't working out. So an eye-watering £7 was spent on 4 real ones! Even with those though, the total cost was about £20-25. Cheaper than a Matty pair these days! :-D

There's been a lot of firsts for me on this build! First time sewing leather, fist time attaching poppers etc. It's been fun!

I'll let the pictures do the talking. Massive shout out to TheGoon if they're on here. The 3D files on thingiverse were among the best Ghostbusters prop files I've come across. (Still having nightmares about the PKE Meter!)

GBfan77, alphabeta001 liked this

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]