Was wanting to mod my Ghostbusters Plasma Series Spengler's Neutrona Wand to have the 80s Ghostbusters front grip, but I didn't want to dismantle/destroy the neutrona wand to do it. So, I modeled a clip-on front grip that sits overtop the shotgun grip. It easily clips on over the shotgun grip and stays in place, and can be removed easily as well without damage to your neutrona wand.

It's available for free on Thingiverse and Cults3D for my fellow ghostbusters to print and mod their neutrona wands.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5532077
https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/various ... grip-cover

Happy modding, fellow busters!
trekgod3, oidoglr, jonogunn liked this
So I've had a dozen people or so message me asking if I could 3D Print these / if I was selling them. It was not my intention to sell prints of this, I was just giving away the 3D files. I realize that others may not have a 3D printer, so I am doing a very limited (100) run of these on an etsy shop for those of you without 3D Printers.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1299717696
PetroMan liked this
TheCBStudio wrote: September 30th, 2022, 8:04 pm I recently spent about a week troubleshooting a 3D printer that i've had laying in my cupboard for 4 years, This was the perfect print to try it out on and its worked amazingly. No pics as of yet but colossal thanks for making this file available for us all!
Do show pictures when you get a chance! I am just glad that others are enjoying it and am excited to see other people's prints!
I ordered one of these from the first batch and received it already. Fantastic quality. Right out of the box the main grip is nice and smooth and comfortable to hold. That often requires a lot of sanding and buffing with 3D printed parts. A few minutes with a small round and a small flat hand file cleaned up all the sharp edges and roughage on the inside (where it sits against the original grip). I expected to do a lot more work to make it feel like it was part of the wand all along.

A quick coat of black glossy Plasti-Dip and it is perfect. Sure it is a little oversized considering it is going over the shotgun style grip. I definitely think it looks way better than that silly brown blob though. That grip was the only Afterlife upgrade that felt like a total miss to me.

Thanks for making this. Well worth the cost for those of us without a 3D printer.
Velluminous liked this
PetroMan wrote: October 11th, 2022, 6:42 pm I ordered one of these from the first batch and received it already. Fantastic quality. Right out of the box the main grip is nice and smooth and comfortable to hold. That often requires a lot of sanding and buffing with 3D printed parts. A few minutes with a small round and a small flat hand file cleaned up all the sharp edges and roughage on the inside (where it sits against the original grip). I expected to do a lot more work to make it feel like it was part of the wand all along.

A quick coat of black glossy Plasti-Dip and it is perfect. Sure it is a little oversized considering it is going over the shotgun style grip. I definitely think it looks way better than that silly brown blob though. That grip was the only Afterlife upgrade that felt like a total miss to me.

Thanks for making this. Well worth the cost for those of us without a 3D printer.
Thank you for the kind words and review! I hadn't thought to try plasti-dip on the outside. I bet that looks really good.

I agree that it may look a little over-sized; I had to make the walls thick enough that they were structurally stable and wouldn't break. I tried to keep it as thin as possible while maintaining structural integrity. Also tried to get the same grip spacing as the rear grip.

Edit/Update: I've gone back and adjusted my settings to make sure that the interiors are printing cleaner. I know a few of those initial prints were a little rough with stringing on the inside.
Here's some updated quality pictures of one that I just pulled off the printer. There's still a little bit of brim that needs trimmed off the bottom, but otherwise I think it's looking pretty good.

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]