By doodawesome
My first post. I always loved the Ghostbusters and had every intention of building myself a Proton Pack but never made the time to do so. Fast forward to 2022, I decided to plan my son's 2nd Halloween costume in January. At the time of starting the pack, he was 4 months old. haha, I decided to get an early start, I was too excited!

I downloaded the file from Nikko Industries and started to print it in early January as a test trial but quickly decided to scale it for what I thought a 1-year-old would be (which by my estimate would be roughly 1:2.5 scale. Printed on my Ender 5 Plus printer with PLA.

As always FDM prints don't look great without a bunch of surface work. I used XTC-3D epoxy to lay a thin coat and fill in the layers followed by a lot of sanding. I didn't get any pictures of that process but the epoxy, sanding, and primer filled the layers quite nicely. From there I did a layer of etching primer, a layer of silver paint, and the final layer was matte black paint.

At this point, I would say the pack was about 80% done in January. Fast forward to October I had to finish the accent wiring, apply the stickers, and at the last minute, I decided to add the lighting. Originally I was thinking of just a basic LED that remained on but the OCD side of me wanted it to be as close to the prop as can be. I was able to find a couple of LED controllers on ETSY that were similar in the pattern so I gave them a shot. Keep in mind, it was a challenge to find a PCB that would fit inside the cyclotron for a scaled-down pack.

Here are the finished results, overall, I am quite happy with how the pack turned out. I did rush a bit towards the end as I wanted to have it complete a bit before Halloween so that my kid can wear it to some get-togethers.

Here are a few pictures of my son in full character.

Prime 1986, THawke, tobycj and 2 others liked this
    Ecto Containment Unit

Hey sorry I never saw this…it’s just […]

Greetings from Montana

Hey and welcome

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]