Discuss the upcoming 4th movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire to be released in March 2024.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: January 26th, 2023, 7:30 am I think Jason's comments about "Maybe there were more paintings of Vigo out there" whilst probably a throwaway joke, has people nervous given the use of Gozer in Afterlife. Which I think was fine for that film... but I really hope they come up with something fresh for the new movie.
I would be really surprised if they used Vigo, I'm kinda shocked at how much I've seen his name thrown around. GB 2 hasn't been as ingrained in everyone's memory as the original, and I don't think they'd make a movie where you needed a refresher on it. I love 2 and got a kick out of the nod to Ray's Occult, but it would be a shame to revisit all that when you've got so many other possibilities to explore.
Sav C liked this
timeware wrote: January 26th, 2023, 12:45 pm
Sav C wrote: January 26th, 2023, 9:26 am These things really do write themselves lol
With the introduction of A.I. writing tools we no longer can blame human hands for bad fan fiction. Lol. That's my excuse from now on. The AI wrote it for me.
All work and no play makes chatGPT a dull boy
Alphagaia wrote: January 26th, 2023, 7:20 am
jonogunn wrote: January 26th, 2023, 7:10 am

Hey! Gbfans! What a forum!
Eh, it's more like the occasional social media comment accidentally drips through the cracks.
And its all getting copied and pasted….right to this spot
jonogunn, Alphagaia, deadderek and 3 others liked this
All that is known so far from reputable sources is that some filming will be done in the U.K.
prodestrian, timeware liked this
timeware wrote: January 27th, 2023, 12:27 am Click bait until an official announcement. I'm not surprised. The critics behind the lets keep Afterlife's RT score low are already on the warpath. :sigh:
I agree 100 percent. Too many click-baity links, even on the first page!!
I won't believe anything until Jason or Gil make an official announcement in March.
(I follow them and Ghost Corps on Instagram, so all we can do is patiently wait.)
timeware liked this
This may sound odd, but I'm actually excited we're in the "that's click bait nothing's been confirmed yet" stage of another Ghostbusters film.

Rookie99, deadderek, timeware and 4 others liked this
Rookie99 wrote: January 27th, 2023, 3:33 pm If Firehouse is successful, we might be in this phase more often than in the past. Which on the one hand, might make the movies seem less special, but after decades of nothing it's a nice change of pace.
Heck, I wasn't even really around yet for a lot of that nothing. I'm spoiled compared to many others!
Oh god. The 90s and early 2000s were not kind to us…

deadderek, Kingpin, SpaceBallz and 1 others liked this
RichardLess wrote: January 27th, 2023, 10:35 pm
Rookie99 wrote: January 27th, 2023, 3:33 pm If Firehouse is successful, we might be in this phase more often than in the past. Which on the one hand, might make the movies seem less special, but after decades of nothing it's a nice change of pace.
Heck, I wasn't even really around yet for a lot of that nothing. I'm spoiled compared to many others!
Oh god. The 90s and early 2000s were not kind to us…

Nope.

Gb3 will shoot in 2005 with Ben Stiller!
SpaceBallz liked this
Coincidentally, in 97-08..we felt kinda like a Paranormal Society Culture …it was all about what we could dig up and exchange the bizarre things like..GB t shirt sightings in a local walmart.

This mixed with Uncle Dans sputter of rumor’s every once in a while.

It was a long 10ish years.

But i kinda liked it. It kinda made GB feel more obscure and niche with this on going glimmer of hope.

Braxtans Return of the Ghostbusters was a fun little spark in the internet community.

Things started to finally pick up with the early rumbles of the video game and RGB time life (which i never got..i was but a late teen with no money at the time)
So are we all assuming 🇬🇧 filming is mostly soundstage or do we think there's actual scenes set there? Or why not both? 😀
BatDan wrote: January 28th, 2023, 7:57 am Coincidentally, in 97-08..we felt kinda like a Paranormal Society Culture …it was all about what we could dig up and exchange the bizarre things like..GB t shirt sightings in a local walmart.

This mixed with Uncle Dans sputter of rumor’s every once in a while.

It was a long 10ish years.

But i kinda liked it. It kinda made GB feel more obscure and niche with this on going glimmer of hope.

Braxtans Return of the Ghostbusters was a fun little spark in the internet community.

Things started to finally pick up with the early rumbles of the video game and RGB time life (which i never got..i was but a late teen with no money at the time)
I also think that the rise of ghost hunting shows and the popularity that quickly followed is what gave renewed interest into the Ghostbusters revival. Has Braxton done anything lately?

Ghosthunters and Ghost Adventures are still running. Thank god Most Haunted isn't the only paranormal related show anymore. I didn't know that Derek Acorah passed away but his partner had ousted him as a fraud. She accused him of faking a possession on the show. I don't trust TV psychic's to begin with but I do find Dead Files to be interesting.
jonogunn wrote: January 31st, 2023, 12:20 pm Been watching a british show on Netflix called Lockwood & Co.

It's also a ghost hunting show. A group of teens with their own business taking jobs of hunting ghosts in people's houses
Yeah I'm on the third episode. It's alright. They use stuff like silver and swords to repel them, the ghosts have a lethal touch and some sort of spawn point, like a memento or their dead body, where they regenerate from, which needs to be either destroyed or incased with silver.
timeware wrote: January 31st, 2023, 8:02 pm So I was thinking who would make an unexpected Walter Peck if they are doing filming in England. They need David Tennant. It would be an unexpected role with a twist because Whovian's would be expecting him to play a hero if cast. After he played Killgrave that would be right up his alley.
Someone unexpected? They should get the guy who played Ron Weasley. Then they could pull an Oceans 12 and have the GB’s break his balls about how much he looks like the guy who played Ron Weasley.

Podcast: “Anyone ever tell you that you look exactly like the kid from Harry Potter?”

New Walter Peck: “Who? Daniel Radcliffe?”

Podcast:: “No the other one”

Lucky: “…Emma Watson?”

Podcast: “No. The other one!”

Mr Grooberson: “Dumbledore?”

Podcast: “No! The ginger. What was his name? Oh! Ron! Ron Weasley! You totes look like Ron Weasley”

New Walter Peck “No. I’ve never been told that. Ever”

Mr. Grooberson: “Wow. He totally does! You look like Ron Weasley but act like Percy! Don’t be a Percy. Percy was an ass! Nobody liked Percy!”

Callie “Be a Frodo!”

Trevor: “Wrong franchise mom”

Callie “Whatever. What we are trying to say is…”

Pheobe(in her sly sarcastic way): “May the force be with you”

Callie: “Exactly”

Awkward silence fall over the group. Finally Mr Grooberson breaks silence with a random: “Yer a Wizard ‘Arry”.

Nobody reacts. Silence

Mr Grooberson: Remember? From the movie? Hagrid says ‘Yer a Wizard Harry’ and Harry’s all ‘I’m a…what?’

Again. Complete silence.

Grooberson: No? Nothing? Right. Tough crowd. Well everyone keep on eye on Malfoy here(referring to New Walter Peck) while I go search for the equipment he confiscated”
I wasn't thinking of Tennant's Harry Potter connection, rather his Killgrave performance. He could play the just right amount of "Hey I can be an asshole" needed to pull off the British version of Peck. They would probably want someone a little older then Rudd to play that character. Tom Felton could maybe fill the role of the Environment Agency (employee, agent?) to come snooping around the new containment unit.
They could start referencing the Ministry of Magic to make fun of the Agency. It would give a whole lot more meaning when Peter starts the new round of M.O.M. jokes.
timeware wrote: February 1st, 2023, 5:33 am I wasn't thinking of Tennant's Harry Potter connection, rather his Killgrave performance. He could play the just right amount of "Hey I can be an asshole" needed to pull off the British version of Peck. They would probably want someone a little older then Rudd to play that character. Tom Felton could maybe fill the role of the Environment Agency (employee, agent?) to come snooping around the new containment unit.
They could start referencing the Ministry of Magic to make fun of the Agency. It would give a whole lot more meaning when Peter starts the new round of M.O.M. jokes.
It wasn’t an actual suggestion. I don’t think they should do what I said. I was just goofing around.
mrmichaelt wrote: February 1st, 2023, 4:06 pm
Davideverona wrote: February 1st, 2023, 10:17 am Well, March is just around the corner. When do you think we'll hear some casting news?
Maybe Valentine's Day? Things should start popping soon.
Valentines Day. Bummer.
Davideverona, mrmichaelt, deadderek and 2 others liked this

Just seen this thread add me JudgeGerry to London

Proton Props UK

I would like to apologise to everyone for the dela[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

How feasible would it be for Hasbro to release &[…]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack? I[…]