Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
By ted+annette
Just what in the holy name of hell is going on with Kilmers head in that DVD cover? That photo shopping is abysmal. I can't go past Die Hard, especially Die Hard 2 where Mclaine's wife torments him on the plane. I also thought he was good in the John Landis film Oscar
He did play a good sleaze in Die Hard. Guess it didn't help that I already had harsh feelings towards him as Peck. Is it true that after Ghostbusters came out Atherton was actually kicked by a kid for shutting down the containment unit? I remember hearing that somewhere.
By WalterChang
While William Atherton's portrayal of Walter Peck in Ghostbusters is a classic, for me, his true gem lies in the action-packed thrill ride that is Die Hard (1988). Here, Atherton nails the role of Dick Thornburg, the self-important TV reporter who sees the Nakatomi Plaza hostage crisis as his own personal ratings goldmine. If you're a fan of Atherton's performances and looking to enjoy more of his work, you might want to check out some of his other films on platforms like https://123movies.graphics/. It offers a wide selection of movies across various genres, providing viewers with an extensive library of entertainment options.
Last edited by WalterChang on April 17th, 2024, 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
AJ Quick wrote: April 12th, 2009, 2:48 pm This guy is a great actor. It sucks that he was type cast as a sleazy guy since Ghostbusters.

My fav:

Although Bio Dome and Die Hard are up there.
Agreed. Honestly one of the best and most underrated 80s films.
"Die Hard" for me! Atherton's portrayal of Richard Thornburg, the slimy reporter, is iconic. He brings this perfect blend of smugness and opportunism to the role, making him a memorable antagonist. Plus, his interactions with Bruce Willis's character, John McClane, add so much tension to the film. Atherton nails the role, making Thornburg both detestable and strangely captivating.
By 13th Floor
Sugarland Express.Very early Spielberg movie,it's great,he plays a convict on the run with his girlfriend played by Goldie Hawn.
Not the usual role we ser him as a stickler for the rules but he's great in it

Never used the foam. What I remembered doing was t[…]

The hocus pocus is on my list of sets right now. I[…]

did you ever get this suit and if so do you ha[…]

Most people probably knew these already but I just[…]