For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
Here is the information I found, if anybody is interested.

Real Ghostbusters Collection - Volume 1, The (Full Frame)
$33.96
List Price: $39.95
You Save: $5.99 (15%)
Coming Soon
Preorder this item today and it should arrive on or just after 01/20/2009
The following content was provided by the publisher.

The first 30 episodes of the acclaimed, long-running series. Includes over two hours of bonus material, including episode introductions to all episodes, 5 on-camera commentaries and an exclusive featurette.

Collectible Booklet, Featurette, Digitally Remastered.
Studio Name: W. E. A. Distributing Corp
DVD Release Date: 01/20/2009
Rating: Not Rated
Format: DVD
Screen Format: Full Frame
Run Time (in minutes): 780 minutes
Language: English
Shipping Weight (in pounds): 0.985
Product in Inches (L x W x H): 5.5 x 0.5 x 7.44 :cool:

Brad
It's actually on their site, with artwork, too.

But it says it's from "W.E.A. Distributing Corp." Odd.

Wouldn't surprise me, since Time Life now has their Get Smart set out in retail stores to buy. But I doubt anyone but Time Life would be releasing the show in the US, especially not long after Time Life's own set came out.

I smell a rat.
DocLathropBrown wrote:Wouldn't surprise me, since Time Life now has their Get Smart set out in retail stores to buy. But I doubt anyone but Time Life would be releasing the show in the US, especially not long after Time Life's own set came out.
Prepare to not be surprised.
They do, but apparently they also had separate season sets for Get Smart in addition to the big box set... and it could be this is the separate season version.

I also believe it's from Time Life because in addition to the near-identical way the characters are illustrated... the painted background of the Firehouse appears to be the original one featured in the RGB intro (seen just after the shot where Slimer grabs Ecto-1's roof). That's something I can imagine the Time Life production came across during their material gathering for the set.

That and the timing, two completely independantly produced sets being released around the same time and seeming to sport similar features?
It is Time Life.. but they don't handle the actual retail releases.

I'm not susposed to show you this... but here is the cover to the Promo DVD Time Life sent me.
timelifepromodvd.jpg
Nice... thanks for posting that AJ... I wouldn't expect any wrath to be incured or any heat to come down as the special features have been documented by you and other community members who got that promo DVD, and that now the cover image is available through Wal*Mart's site.
Kingpin wrote:They do, but apparently they also had separate season sets for Get Smart in addition to the big box set... and it could be this is the separate season version.

I also believe it's from Time Life because in addition to the near-identical way the characters are illustrated... the painted background of the Firehouse appears to be the original one featured in the RGB intro (seen just after the shot where Slimer grabs Ecto-1's roof). That's something I can imagine the Time Life production came across during their material gathering for the set.

That and the timing, two completely independantly produced sets being released around the same time and seeming to sport similar features?
Time-Life had an exclusive one-year window in which they were the sole distributors of Get Smart. Time Warner, which HBO is under, were able to release the series AFTER that one year window had passed. They opted to hold off until the movie came out this past summer, which is why season 1 came out. The set is no longer a Time-Life exclusive, which it was during that period.

I would think TL would have an exclusive window on this set, too.
Yes. Time Life does have the thing setup exclusively.. they are the ones producing the DVD (as far as I know).

But they will be making select Seasons available with a select selection of some simple special features. Also.. just regular boring packaging. You won't get everything without getting the Complete Collection.
i'm going to pre order mine from time life, tomorrow. To me its just a better deal, between the extras and packaging.
I might pick this up for my son, I'd like to get the whole collection but I'm not spending 200 hundered dollars on something we can watch on youtube.
VOORHEES JASON wrote:I'm not spending 200 hundered dollars on something we can watch on youtube.
Hmmm...highly-pixelated, low-quality VHS recordings...or high-quality, digitally restored DVD masters...a handful of select episodes that aren't guaranteed to have all the footage...or have every episode uncut...hmmm!

Oh and I don't have to spend $50 (or a $5 rental) on a game-- I could easily download the .ISO.

But I don't. :cool:
It's misspelt 'Cathulhu' on the show, it was noted that it was meant to be 'Cthulhu' when the episode was being produced, but for one reason or another the error preserved.

It isn't a mistake being made by Time Life or the copy editors of the product releases for the set.
I'm sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but since I don't frequent these forums as much as I should, I'm going to post.

Can someone tell me what this is?

http://www.tvshows2dvd.com/catalog.php/ ... ON_#IMAGES

This is not the only website I've seen it on, btw, and have seen it in quite a few other places.

Thanks in advance and apologies if this has been mentioned.
Ghostbuster87 wrote:I'm sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but since I don't frequent these forums as much as I should, I'm going to post.

That's a bootleg.
AJ Quick wrote:
Ghostbuster87 wrote:I'm sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but since I don't frequent these forums as much as I should, I'm going to post.

That's a bootleg.
Thanks for the quick response!

Convincing bootleg, I saw it on quite a few webites and with the recent Wal-Mart thing I got quite confused.

Not like it mattered, I'm going with the Time Life one regardless.
DocLathropBrown wrote:It's actually on their site, with artwork, too.

But it says it's from "W.E.A. Distributing Corp." Odd.

Wouldn't surprise me, since Time Life now has their Get Smart set out in retail stores to buy. But I doubt anyone but Time Life would be releasing the show in the US, especially not long after Time Life's own set came out.

I smell a rat.
You'll notice that the "studio name" is W.E.A. Distributing Corp. Distributing is the key word. Very simply, TimeLife is having this company, who already has a pre-existing retail distribution network, get the individual volumes into stores; while TimeLife themselves are handing the direct-market complete series release. I think W.E.A. is a branch of Warner Brothers, but I could be wrong. Anyway, Wal-Mart is incorrectly listing the distributor instead of the manufacturer/producer since the distributor is who they buy their product from.

By the way, for reference, the item on the Wal-Mart site can be found here:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... d=10714966
I'll try and find the news article and post it here, but I read a week or so ago that the Time Life complete collection was a "limited supply" sort of thing (glad I ordered and recently recieved mine!) and that starting in January, retail stores will indeed get a Vol. 1 box set. I cant recall if the article mentioned if it was also being put out by Time Life, although Im sure it is, and that they will release the volumes in a way that will take approx. 2 years to get the entire series out. Basically Vol 1 = January 08...Vol. 2 = July 08....Vol. 3 = January 09...Vol. 4 = July 09. roughly. And naturally, the article stated that they wont have most of the special features nor steelbook casing that the Complete Series collection has.

If you need any clarification at all, PM me or […]

Proton Props UK

Good decision to lift the ban! By the way: I think[…]

I'd use some putty. Yeah. I'm sorry, I'm not […]

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]