For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
By Ryusui
Hey all,
Didn't see an existing thread that seemed proper to place this, so forgive me if I did indeed miss one.

I'm sitting here on disc four of volume one and at approximately 47 minutes and 10 seconds (chapter 10, episode "That Old College Spirit") there's some lines of static when the woman from the Westside Women's club begins speaking. It's not like a pause in the frames or anything else I've seen resulting from a scratched disc. More like a bad section of VHS tape.

Anyone else get this?
By Crowbar
Haven't made it that far yet, but good (or rather bad) find. Hopefully theres no major glitch or defect anywhere in the set. And although it would be a pain, Time Life is a first class company and Im sure they'd offer us replacement discs ASAP. If only Sony were as fan friendly. At least the gaming end of the company. :sigh:
By KaciHD
my friend's set has this, looks like a vhs tracking error. Really sucks to see that on a dvd set but I guess it's the best we're ever going to see

I'm kinda glad I haven't pulled the trigger on this set yet I'm anxious to see if any of these problems get addressed or fixed
By Crowbar
That tracking error pictured above, that doesn't last through the entire episode does it? Or does it just pop up once or twice? As AJ said, Andy may have missed this, or there was just nothing they could do to fix it. They did such a great job remastering the set, seems like the above error was either overlooked or just unfixable. I was actually suprised at how well Andy and his crew had cleaned up the picture and audio of a show thats pretty much been sitting in 'the vault' for so long.
By KaciHD
Crowbar wrote:That tracking error pictured above, that doesn't last through the entire episode does it? Or does it just pop up once or twice? As AJ said, Andy may have missed this, or there was just nothing they could do to fix it. They did such a great job remastering the set, seems like the above error was either overlooked or just unfixable. I was actually suprised at how well Andy and his crew had cleaned up the picture and audio of a show thats pretty much been sitting in 'the vault' for so long.
it's just on there for a second or two, I'm sure it was some kind of physical damage to the master tape.

I have decided not to let these few minor inperfections keep me from owning such a nice set and finally ordered it for myself, borrowing it one dvd at a time just wasn't cutting it!
By brad84
So far the only problem I have had with my set is the music dragging on Vol. 4 disc 2! I will post any other problems I find with my set, as I continue to watch it. I was hopeing they would have used the theme from Slimer & The Real Ghostbusters for those episodes anyway, I liked that version it had more of a rock sound to it. If they would have used that one maybe it would not have any dragging. But I am not going to gripe to much, we are lucky just to have this set!
By egon92
I had seen this post before I got around to watching the episode, so I was paying close attention when watching the episode and I also noticed the anomaly. It was very brief, so it's not a big deal. Something I found more of a distraction was that during NIGHT GAME there are several frames where the bottom of the screen jumps. It seems to happen with scene changes. Imagine a black line jumping up from the bottom of the screen to maybe 1/8 of the screen height. Too bad because that is one of my favorites, but it's not enough to make me dislike this set. In fact, I love it.
By Ryusui
Just so it's known, I totally am not dissatisfied with my set just because of this one glitch. It's a small blemish on an otherwise (so far anyway) perfect set. More than I could have ever hoped we'd get.

I just wanted to see if anyone else had been experiencing the same thing. Thanks for the feedback guys!
By ecto 1A_2B
KaciHD wrote:my friend's set has this, looks like a vhs tracking error. Really sucks to see that on a dvd set but I guess it's the best we're ever going to see

I'm kinda glad I haven't pulled the trigger on this set yet I'm anxious to see if any of these problems get addressed or fixed

I have that same glitch. I noticed that after that happens, the screen is a little wobbly for a few seconds afterwards.
By Pagz
The only problem I've noticed with my set isn't even really a problem I don't think. I've noticed on some episodes a bit of ghosting in the image. At first I thought it might be the lcd screen I was watching it on, but I checked it on a standard cathode ray tube and saw the same ghosting. I think it's intrinsic to the video masters themselves unfortunately. It's not a huge deal, but I know I'd be first in line to by this set all over again if they really went to town and did some major remastering. BluRay please ;)
By Dreamstalker
I've also noticed a bit of image ghosting on disc 1 of the second season (this was viewing on a CRT set), as well as maybe one wobbly frame (TBH I didn't actually notice it until after it happened) and a few very intermittent white spots on the transfer. I can't give exact timecodes, but overall the errors are forgivable--like all of us I'm just happy to have the set.
By AJ Quick
Pagz wrote:I'd be first in line to by this set all over again if they really went to town and did some major remastering. BluRay please ;)
I don't think that would happen.

If they did do the Blu-Ray stuff it would all fit on like 5 discs though! :cool:
By Zack
The only thing that's really bugged me so far is I can't remember, I think it's Volume 4. The really fast episodes. I watched Venk-Man and was like DAMN. It ran so fast, it was over before I knew it. I hadn't watched much else on that volume but luckily it looks to be the later eps only.

The PAL masters or whatever.
By Zack
man I just watched "Somethings Going Around" talk about slooooow, really sluggish, probably not one for repeat viewings. It just dragged on and on because of the speed. Too bad, I guess these are my only complaints with the set. :whatever: Just kinda sucks a little bit with everything else with the set being so phenomenal.
By dr_logan
Another possibility is, it could be due to a regional coding for your DVD player...

I've played DVDs that were not regionally compatible on my Sylvania, and I had odd digital errors... yet I played the same disks on my portable, which reads just about anything and it worked just fine...

But then again the picture doesn't look like a digital error so much as a tracking error, so I don't know for sure.
By Dreamstalker
"A Fright at the Opera" has a lot of scratches (white flecks) on the image...it's not completely unwatchable, but annoying. That's the only episode that I know of that has that issue.
By sariaj
Well here's a (not so much glitch) but quick image I caught between where commercial breaks are supposed to go .. It really goes by quick but i paused it right on.......

I believe it's the episode where they go into the cartoon world but I'll have to re check that.
By sariaj
Ya I know .. but I'm just showing it cause I caught it on the RGB DVD box set :P! I think it was from a contest or something.
By sariaj
AJ Quick wrote:Its probably a sex chat line where you call in and talk to hot sexy robots.

"What are you wearing?"
"I'm in my endoskeleton baby."

LOL
By zeta otaku
heh, relax man. so there's two or three glitches the span of maybe 5 frames total. It's still an amazing set. I mean, if an ENTIRE episode looked like that, yeah, I'd make a royal stink about it, but meh, it's so quick it's barely an issue.

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]