yeah, I updated my video (again). It was a little long, and I shot some footage for the next one. thanks!

We are planning some charity stuff this year like the Haunted Hayride (some kind of kid's charity I think) and I'm team captain for the Memory Walk for altheimer's in October, maybe some other stuff depending on our availability. Ryan Burke is our Honorary SCGB in The Big Easy and he is trying to do his own franchise/charity thing down there in Louisiana.
By GB2032DKM
@Slimeguy

Love that last pic with you sitting down. Looks like you are blessing the equipment or at least saying a prayer.

More power to you all.
By Sketch
Hahah- thanks Rob. I guess it's more like both... blessing the equipment and thanking it for not killing me during a long durational shoot ;)

This shot was taken by Vairin. We need to get him on the boards- he's the chief example of all of us :cool:
uhhhh, I don't know if you have someone on Jolt working without sleep, or what program you are using. Let's say I was doing it (and may end up doing it) I import the video into Photoshop (I don't have Final Cut or After FX, can't afford, don't know how to use them). Photoshop breaks it into individual frames (30/sec) So if I do a proton beam effect, there are lets say 6 layers to make the beam on EACH of the 90 frames. I don't know how much RAM it will use (never tried it) but rotoscoping takes forever. I know that a few seconds of film can take hours or weeks depending on how good or how busy the post person is. Return of the GB's took 6 mos to film and 18 mos for post.
Yeah, we can't go, being that we're in Chicago and all...

WHEN'S THE VIDEO GONNA BE UPLOADED?! I WANNA WATCH IT NOW! Yeah, capslock isn't needed all the time, but hell, this time it warrants it.

POST, DAMNIT!
My friends,

I would like to thank all of you for your vigilance watching our boards.

We are sorry to report, however that our FanFilm will not be released on the net today. Over the last two days we have experienced a series of computer crashes and file losses. The worst of which came just hours before our premier was set to open.

I am pleased to report that the premier did happen tonight due to the noble and valiant efforts of all those involved, including Mavric, Sketch, Out of time, my lovely wife and many more too numerous to name. It seemed to be really well received, and I can't wait to show this to the fans of the communities.

Unfortunately, the premier featured quick fixes to the special effects and editing to just make it viewable. With this in mind, the crew and myself have discussed it and believe it would be better to fix up the poor areas before releasing it to the public. If we had not had these glitches and errors then we would have been able to hold to our release date, and currently have plans to release it within the week.

Once again, this film will be released by Midnight on May 8. I hate the thought of pushing it off like this, but believe me when I say that it will be worth the wait.

We're not dead, but we're ready to take care of the ones that are.

Stay tuned for more updates.
By GB2032DKM
Sorry I had to leave and not be able to see your finished work guys.

I definitely can't wait to watch it.

Keep up the good work.
By Kingpin
Take as much time as you need, we're all used to setbacks and unexpected complications... and this one is no small stumble. Goodluck with getting everything sorted.
By Sketch
We're grateful for all of the local fans who made last night a wonderful experience and for Silver who despite all of our disadvantages went through the thickness of extremes necessary to ensure that last night still happened. We have experienced what you might call "the curse" that is shared amongst many fan films out there, but still, we have to recognize what details managed to see their way through. And that is a blessing.
I suppose that compared with "Return of the Ghostbusters", one week won't kill anybody, right? ;)

Thanks again for all of your understanding and support. I think I speak for all of the GB's here in Utah when I say that we couldn't be more proud to be a part of such a rockin awesome community as this! =)
By Croesus
Anyone have anymore info? Are we still all good for a release today?

Great job so far guys, can't wait!
By R2DEVO
Sketch wrote:Scott's working on it now. If we have no more issues with exporting, he should be done some time around midnight. Hope this helps guys!
any news?

I haven't had Xbox Live for a while, but I'm consi[…]

I cut out the middleman and sprayed my pack and ba[…]

I'm hoping we'll see another set when the next F[…]

GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

When you say you only have the proton pack light k[…]