By mburkit
So I had my buddy, Mr. Tillson, worked his magic for me again. I really wanted my clippard L-Fittings to look like they do in the game, so I sent a bunch to Chris with some old stock 10-32 plugs from clippard and had him do his thing.

The guy drilled out the L-Fittings and pressed the plug into them. Nonfunctional but they have the correct look.

As an alternative for anyone that is making a game pack, you could also use a clippard X-Fitting and screw the plug into the top hole of it. That's about as close as you're going to get with off the shelf parts. Here's some comparison shots:

And here's the last shots (I promise) of my ion arm, completed. Now I can move on to bigger and better things:

Thank you so much Chris for giving me these little details that no one will ever really notice on my build.

I also found some alligator clamps this past weekend that are about the right size for my build.

I'm going to probably plasti-dip them in red and call it a day. The claw part is not exact but I don't think I'll be able to find anything close in the right size.
By pchrisbosh1
If your pack is going to have as much detail as you've put into that ion arm then it's going to be a killer. Chris did a awesome job on all the tid bits. Really good stuff Burkit you need to start on the pack already :cool: .
By mburkit
The shell will probably be the last thing I end up doing because of how expensive its going to be. Lets just put it this way, I want a fiberglass shell, so ponder the logistics involved with that. But I continue to collect parts and scratch build the little bits and bobs on the pack side.

I ended up having off Monday and Tuesday, so maybe I'll start on the wand attachments.
By mburkit
I made an aluminum ribbon and got the project box attached to the slime tank.

Just need to get the tank parts glued to the project box and make the brass power supply/heat sink for the top of this sucker and it will be done.
By mburkit
I survived Irene!

So I did a little bit of work while my power was out for the past 3 days.

Got 85% of the slime tank done now.

And I began to work on the pack venting valve and read dome light next to it.

For the valve piece, I took a 3/4" PVC threaded coupling and modified it.

And just for fun, here's a screen cap of the parts I'm trying to replicate now, in case anyone is unsure.

This is about as far as I'm going to get until Dragon Con. When I get back next week, maybe I'll have time to work on this stuff some more, namely the brass power supply on top of the slime tank.
By kind2311
remember what i said a long time ago about a metal "tobacco" pipe bowl being used for the vent cone? find a local head shop and you'll see what i mean.
By Kingpin
You could if you wanted to go for a full circular disc for the light and knob, as they're only hexagonal to save on rendering (that's why the ends of the gun vent are triangular and the light covers on the gun pentagonal).
By mburkit
Very small update, I got something in the mail!

A Motorola HT1000.

And some game reference:

It took me a little while to get one of these because I refused to pay over $100 for a radio that is only for display on my ALICE strap. But I finally landed one in a price range that suited me much more.
By FeinDTacticS
wtf.. i didnt even know they used different radios in TVG... sheesh.. its almost like an entire costume rebuild not just the pack itself..

remind me not to ever get into a VG build for this hobby.... ever.

Matt... if your in NYC for the parade this year remind me to buy you a drink.
By mburkit
Yeah, a lot of things were retooled in the game. I haven't had time to work on this because of work and school and getting ready for NYCC this past weekend. I won't be in the nyc parade this year due to it being on a Monday night (I have class). I'm sure you will have a chance to buy me a drink sometime though.
By Bomber
Any updates on this? The progress so far is amazing. Best game pack build I've seen.
By mburkit
I'm currently in the process of making 2 molds right now, one for a movie pack shell and another for the game pack shell. I've been busy with work and school at this point so progress has been slow but this project has not been forgotten. I still want to have this for Dragon Con and NYCC at the other end of this year.
By mburkit
Well, here's the deal: I have my fiberglass support jacket made for my gb1 pack mold. I just don't have time to pour the silicone this weekend, helpers are booking it to Pittsburgh this weekend as well, and next weekend I will be in New England for St. Patty's Day. So my mold won't be complete till the end of March.

Then I have to pull a shell from this gb1 pack mold and modify it into a game pack shell before molding it (and doing the whole process over again).

School really hampers my ability to do this hobby, but one's May rolls around, I'll have alot more free time and will hopefully get moving on this project again. I want my pack done for Dragon Con.

With that said, I'm going to probably start designing the electronics now, because they will effect how I scratch build and assemble a lot of this build.
By ProtonCharger
mburkit wrote: With that said, I'm going to probably start designing the electronics now, because they will effect how I scratch build and assemble a lot of this build.
this is exactly what im hung up on/with right now with mine.
By mburkit
Mike Witt wrote:where did you find the brass sheet for your ion arm at? im having trouble finding something that size.
I bought the Brass online. It's 0.0625" thick, if I remember correctly. I don't remember where I got it from, but if I remember correctly, it was from a craft website that had a minimum purchase order of $30 bucks so I had a hard time figuring out what else I wanted to be able to actually purchase the $10ish piece of brass.

If you really want me to dig, I can figure out where it came from.

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

I know very little about Five Nights at Freddy's […]

Doug Keithley/sponge face/Ghostlab42 made a excell[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]