For users in: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, & West Virginia.
By Hijacker
Thursday's a tough sell for a lot of people since most have to work the next morning. Usually Friday showings are the most popular since it's the beginning of the weekend. But I'm down for whenever. I have class Thursday at VCU, so I'd already be down that way if we decided to go Thursday.
By idlecrush
I completely understand... I was just making sure we were all on the same page. I will probably go Thursday anyway just because. :)

Just an FYI - I know I am going to be seeing Ghostbusters more than once, so for those of you that have the Kroger MVP cards they have 4 times the fuel points for gift card purchases through September 3rd. They do have Regal cinema gift cards (according to the website). I'm going to buy a few just to get the fuel points and I'll be able to use them when I go to the movies.

Can't wait to meet everyone!
Kristen
By Hijacker
I'm going to be calling the Regal in Short Pump today to let them know a bunch of us ghostheads intend to descend upon their theater next Friday. Right now, I'm gonna tell them 10 of us will show up and see if they want us to set up some kind of promo table or something, more than likely they'll just say "stand in line and don't be too disruptive."
By idlecrush
I was in the comic book store yesterday and they had a flyer for a 30th anniversary viewing party at Dave and Buster's on Thursday August 28th at 7pm. It says best cosplay wins a prize. It is at the Dave and Buster's in West Broad Village - 4001 Brownstone Blvd - which is not far from the theater.

Just thought I would let you guys know in case anyone was interested. Dave and Buster's and VA comicon are putting it on.

Kristen
By pyhasanon
Ugh... why does it have to be a Thursday AGAIN...? Do they not understand that most of the people who really want to attend these events have jobs and are usually only available on weekends, or at least Fridays?

Thankfully, my entire family loves Ghostbusters...
By Hijacker
pyhasanon wrote:Ugh... why does it have to be a Thursday AGAIN...? Do they not understand that most of the people who really want to attend these events have jobs and are usually only available on weekends, or at least Fridays?

Thankfully, my entire family loves Ghostbusters...
Lucky you. I'm close to Kristen's situation. My wife tolerates my obsession. Lol. My 3 year old is in absolute love with all things Ghostbusters.
SPJ liked this
By pyhasanon
CLICK HERE!!! - Virginia viewing of 30th Anniversary Ghostbusters Invitation Thread!!!

Edit: LOL! Looking back at this, it looks like a spam link... =P
By pyhasanon
Alright, everybody, time to start planning for Wizard World Richmond! We got Ernie coming, so we need to make this one count! I heard his wife coordinates his events... I wonder if we can finagle a great group photo with him somehow... Not sure how we can do that... Anywho, we'll make it work! =D
By Hijacker
Wizard World's site has purchasable tickets for autograph time, so I don't know if we'd have to do something like that. We could always try contacting his publicist and see what SOP is.
By Hijacker
Oh yeah! I'm hoping to have my pack 95% physically done for the show. Electronics are still a ways off from happening in it right now. I should have all the fittings and parts before the con with the exception of the bumper. I'm waiting for Wiz to start a new run.
By pyhasanon
Hijacker wrote:So Wizard World Richmond is this weekend. I know Phil and Alex should be going. Who else is going? I'm probably only going to be there Saturday. MAYBE Friday.
Two other members of the GBVA, Michael and Andrew, will be there on Saturday, and my wife and kiddies will be with me on Saturday as well... I'll be by my lonesome on Sunday, but I think Alex will be there on Sunday as well...
By Hijacker
I know it was mentioned this past weekend at Wizard World, but is anyone up for going to Busch Gardens' Howl-O-Scream in gear? In the past, I've gone and wandered around the park once the actors come out to scare the patrons and it's kind of fun to people watch. I think it would be tons of fun to go out in gear and "bust" some of the actors. The event runs each weekend from 12 Sep to 26 Oct.

Kings Dominion is also doing something similar to Busch Gardens and their event starts on 26 Sep. It looks like Kings Dominion is doing scare zones as well, but they also have scare mazes, an acrobatic team, and a bunch of other live stuff happening. Sounds like it's more for your money than what I remember Busch Gardens doing.
By pyhasanon
The weekend of Oct 11th is free for me... Not sure if we need to contact the park prior to just to see if they would have any problems with us running around and actually acting like we're doing some busts... I know the Richmond guys have done Kings Dominion before... I think they also did a hot trap run over there once, which can be fairly intrusive to the public if you don't do it right...

I haven't been to Busch Gardens since the late 80's... LOL!

By the way, I ran into the Regal theaters organizer at Wizard World on Sunday, he called me over and said he has been trying to get in contact with us for a while... He said the reason why he wasn't answering his phone was because he was out of office, said he wished the management gave you his cellphone number instead... He thanked us for doing what we did anyways, because he heard about us and the Ecto Mini at Regal Short Pump... He asked for my contact information and he said he would contact me if he needs us again...

Also, a guy from the 501st said that the people of the Richmond Christmas Parade on the 6th of December has been trying to get in contact with us, so I will see if I can get in touch with them as well...
SPJ liked this

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]