By Demon Vice Commander
No doubt many of you are disappointed with the inaccurate and unimaginative labels that Matty included with their Ecto Goggles. Here are some lens and body labels that I recreated for the use of the community.

I have included both black and olive drab versions of the battery and power knob labels; the green version is meant to simulate the clear stickers/dry-rub transfers used on the GB1 goggles. The military symbols normally seen on the thrower have been commonly thought to be on the right side of the frame.

There was little point in recreating the side label, since there are two definitive versions available to the community:

AN/PVS-5a Operating Instructions Label (HProps)

Redrawn Operating Instructions Label (Kingpin)*

*For those who may not have noticed, Matty "borrowed" Ben's drawing (albeit with a few alterations) for use on their product.
ProtonCharger, jackdoud, Mr_Stay_Puft and 5 others liked this
By your evil twin
Nice work!

Though the olive green versions match the proper night vision goggles colour... some people might appreciate a version that matched the colour of the Matty goggles.

It is strange that for Ghostbusters 2 the goggles seem devoid of labels. Though the colour in GB2 seems a bit different, so perhaps they removed labels just for the convenience of repainting.

I myself am torn as to which labels I'm going to use once my goggles arrive. Matty's labels are very silly, but some of the original labels are a bit silly as well, since they reused some of the same warnings as on the proton pack. Labels warning of 1kv electric shock hazard... on the lenses?! Of course normally it would be impossible for filmgoers to see what those labels actually said.

I may just do the side label with the diagram of the goggles, and the military power symbols that are used for the neutrona wand switches.
By your evil twin
Ah that's great! Now fans can make Matty goggles as "authentic" as possible while still keeping the colour scheme.

(I feel a bit weird to admit it, but I actually like the colour of the Matty ecto goggles. It's horribly inaccurate, but I like the colour from an aesthetic point of view.)
By Demon Vice Commander
Kingpin wrote:It'd be white, they could be printed on transparent if they didn't have the green backing to them.
I completely forgot about that option. I'm going to make a compilation sheet that contains all of the variants. For now, here's a variant for printing on clear sticker paper:

Canadianknight liked this
By Canadianknight
Demon Vice Commander wrote:
Kingpin wrote:It'd be white, they could be printed on transparent if they didn't have the green backing to them.
I completely forgot about that option. I'm going to make a compilation sheet that contains all of the variants. For now, here's a variant for printing on clear sticker paper:
]
That's so awesome. Thank you! :)
By WShawn
Ugh, I was ready to put the finishing touches on my build, but it looks like I didn't grab your graphics before Photobucket nuked them. Any chance you could post them some other way, or PM me to send them by email? I could probably rebuild them in Adobe Illustrator if I had to.

Thanks.
By BrianBrain
Hello,
I'm trying to make ecto goggles for Halloween this year. The forum has been great to give me ideas etc. I noticed that the image for the ecto goggle stickers is not viewable. It says to update the account for the third party host. Anyway you could do this please?
By Kingpin
BrianBrain wrote:It says to update the account for the third party host. Anyway you could do this please?
I'm very sure Demon Vice Commander would prefer not to pay Photobucket's extortionate upgrade fee just so he can display them on the forum. If you send them a PM they may be willing to re-host and re-post the images here.
By WShawn
I was able to grab them before Photobucket destroyed build threads all throughout the internet.

I can host them from the server space we rent for our business.

I printed these up as stickers (white and clear) on Sunday at a FedEx Office and used them on my build:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=43597

They look pretty good. I think the small stickers on the right side next to the knob might be a bit undersized.

I will take these images down immediately if Demon Vice Commander would rather I not host them.

Cheers.

Shawn
By DredPirateStorm
Does anyone have any suggestions on what program/settings to use to print the labels? It appears like the Windows Photo Viewer tries to make the images take up the entire page...even when I say to print at 100%.
By BrianBrain
Guys, sorry for the late reply. Thank you very much! I am blown away by the response and as usually, the amount of talent and time that went into making these. Thank you. I'm in the process of making a Cozy Coupe Ecto1 for my kid. So far it looks great. I want to add a couple stickers and call it done. I'll try to get some photos and video up soon.

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]