User avatar
By propcicle
#4842139
Just got this bad boy in the mail today:
Image

Image

My plan is to work this into a fully operational PKE (lights, sound and motion) at some point in the future. After I get the pack projects complete, I'll switch over to this. I have a couple Arduino UNO boards sitting around that I think I can program to do what I want. I know there's been a couple folks who have tackled this, but I've been unsuccessful in finding any code. After I figure this out, I will open source the code if there's interest. More updates to come...
User avatar
By propcicle
#4847581
With Halloween over and the proton pack now sitting as a display piece, I started playing around with the Arduino uno boards I've got. Since the uno only has 14 digital IO pins, I knew I was going to have to be creative with triggering at least 30 lights or so. I first started thinking about the graph lights as they would also trigger the wing lights. I used 7 outputs, one for each graph light, and then added 2 more outputs to designate which graph was active. This worked fine and I could probably work this with only the five outputs left (maybe).

Slept on it over night and decided to look at using the 4017 decade counter with a clock trigger output from the uno. This would let me drive 14 lights with only 3 outputs (one clock and two to determine which graph light grouping). I also set up a rheostat to set the light durations and a switch to go back and forth between the lights. So here's where I am now, only using up 5 of my IO pins, including the rheostat input. Next I need to find some small servos to play around with for the wing actuators. I haven't decided how I'm going to trigger the wing lights yet, but I have at least a couple options.

Also curious on feedback for the light blink rates. I have the rheostat scaled from 600ms to 20ms for on time and half that for off time between lights. I need to track down some video of the PKE in action to see how fast and slow it operates. LEDs shown here are only for breadboard testing. Enjoy the snappy music in my video too.

User avatar
By propcicle
#4914102
So back at this project when I find some time. Since the last time I posted here, I picked up a green Iona and just recently took a Dremel to it.

Still hoping to finish this project at some point. I’ve read just about every post here looking for dimensions and such but will probably just eyeball the top plate.

Here’s a few pics of the green handle, before and after chopping.

Image
Image
Image
NEW GB MOVIE SUMMER 2020!

Had it on my commodore 64/128. Loading a cassett[…]

Evi’s Spirt Pack

Now with the thrower vents in the print finally fi[…]

I watched your video and its a great build! Very N[…]

Well, interesting Easter surprise* for me: my pac[…]