I made a longer video last night of my packs venting kit from multiple angles.

Last edited by Kingpin on February 4th, 2016, 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added youtube code

So I got a Shook and Shook Disc from freaky geeky in the mail today. Wow this is great! At first I was getting by with a homemade shook and aluminum disc. But I wanted to have my pack look as accurate as possible.

TC Kit:
So one of the first things I knew I would have to do is Dremel off the rear circle thing. While on low I carefully cut off the circle and sanded it down with some fine grit paper.

I will have to find a longer bolt so I can place a nut on the other side. But overall it's a great upgrade.

I figure with all the upgrades I'm making I might go for a aluminum thrower eventually. Probably not right away but it's on my mind.
Last edited by csullivan1980 on February 18th, 2016, 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twmedford23 liked this
One of two pack weathering materials arrived in the mail today:

I have some Fuller's clay coming next week. Most people I've spoken to have use a combination of this to give their pack an aged look.
So I've decided to go back and mod my SMC elbow fittings. They are not screen accurate but I bought another set to work on.

First step was finding some crimps that could fit inside the SMC elbows. After removing the plastic insert I headed out to my local ace hardware and picked up a handful of these.

They fit snug inside the elbows without any glue requires. A tight fit.

Next I brought them home and using a Dremel I grinder down the lip.
ImageImageImage

Once these were ground down I grabbed the elbows to fill the gap between the plastic. So using some apoxie sculpt I slowly and carefully filled the gap. ImageImageImageImage

Once the apoxie dries I plan to sand down the dried apoxie with fine grit paper. Then I plan to hit it with some satin gray paint.

Updates to come.
So it's been about 8 hours and while the apoxie sculpt hasn't fully set I wanted to sand down what I won't need. And I have to admit I'm very happy with the results. Image

The next step is to determine how far I want he crimp to go in and sea up the gap between the SMC wall and the crimp.

Using 3/8" tape I wrapped it around the tip.

I might have to adjust how deep the crimps go in...looks too high.

Rounded side in first works better.

With literally a pinch of apoxie sculpt

I very carefully filled the crack around the crimp.

The crimps came out perfect!

A few more hours of curing (from last night) and they'll be hit with paint today.

After a few light coats of paint now they are ready to dry for a few days.

Morfeusoneiros wrote:Great looking elbows. Nicely done
Thanks. I'm so happy with the results. I can't wait to get them on my pack.

Oh yes! Image

Going to age my pack soon.

Hey guys I've been doing some updating and adding […]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dol[…]

To repost what I said in the other thread: I don'[…]

GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

Hey everybody, this is my first post so let me kno[…]