betchasketch wrote: December 17th, 2020, 9:37 pm Hey Count do you think this will all fit in a Spirit PKE body? I am interested in trying this out. I completed your proton pack arduino project and gotta say a big thank you! It wasnt easy but it taught me alot of small things that I didnt know about electronics.
Yes, the spirit pke is quite a bit bigger than the 3d print. I just picked one up a month or two ago as well and have not had a chance to dig into it. Was thinking about replacing the software for it.
Ok awesome, I will have to toy around with it to see what I can figure out. I have most of the items required. Thanks for the reply. If you end up messing with it I would like to see what you do.

So I got everything working and just need to know how I would change the servo to bring the wings higher and lower since the spirit pke is a bigger meter and they only go up just a little bit. I tried messing with the constantval for the servo and it messes with the light sequence by freezing until I return the servo to a different position. Does this make sense?
Hi Count. First of all as anyone who has seen your work would say. WOW top job 😁 I've been building mine using most of your fantastic design here. Thank you, without your help and instruction I would stand no chance. I've got to the stage where it is complete apart from I cannot get the LEDs and beeps to speed up when I find a ghost? The wings go right up but the tone and speed stay the same.
Is there anything you can think of I'm doing wrong. I spent a good 2 hours last night and Arduino is not a language I speak.
Thank you in advance if you get the chance to help.
Mike 😁
That is odd, did you change the code at all? The latest code is here https://github.com/CountDeMonet/Arduino ... _METER.ino

The speed of the beep and display is all handled by the function LEDLoop(int convertedVal) and the same value is sent to that loop as the wing location loop. It then does a pretty typical timer function to determine how fast to update the display/beep based off that value sent in. If the wings are moving properly then the rest should be following.
Thank you so much for your reply, very kind of you to take the time.😁
No I haven't changed the code at all.
Most odd I agree I just don't know why neither do I know how to fix it. I'm sure that's the code I have inputted from github.
I guess if there is nothing obvious you can think of then I'll just pretend there are no spectres in the area 🤣.
So kind of you to try and help me though.
Mike
Is there a part of the code I could change to see if any of it alters just to prove a point? For example could I lower the mid point on the arms therefore slowing that section down, actually I could do with lowering the highest point a touch as the servo is trying to push the cables to hard. I can't work out what to alter and I don't want to mess it up.
Thank you again.
Mike.
Ps sorry to be a pain
no problem

For button 1

line 96, currentVal = 0;, sets everything to it's lowest setting if already at medium. Line 100, currentVal = 40; sets the wings to 40 degrees and the speed of the beep/animation to a medium speed if at 0 or above medium.

For button 2

Line 114, currentVal = 0; again sets everything to it's lowest setting if already at highest setting. Line 118, currentVal = 90; sets everything to the highest setting which is ~90 degree wing spread and as fast as the beeping will go.

The idea was you could boot up the PKE and it would be at it's lowest setting. Then hit the button 1 and it would go to medium, hit button 2 and it would go to high.

If in that high state you hit button 2 again it would drop down to the lowest state. If you hit button 1 instead though it would drop back down to medium.

So using the 2 buttons you can do a bunch of different animations.

Changing the currentVal number to anything between 0-90 in any of the various states will give you the different speeds and wing swings.
so I'm pretty sure you're tired of answering questions on this post but I ran into a small issue following your setup and your schematic, the servo crashes out the Arduino Nano and it restarts I'm not sure if it's pulling to much for power, I am using a (9v for power and SG90 servo ) set up runs perfectly fine on the breadboard when hooked to the computer but running on battery power it crashes out, If your still here and you're still paying attention to this any suggestions?
yes, using a buck converter and its set to 5v, and the servo is connected to the converter. Ill provide a pic when I'm back to testing as I have undone all my components and I'm starting over from scratch, I'm assuming I mess something up along the way. also Thank you and hats off to you I wouldn't have gotten this far if it wasn't for your code and your videos
I've used the capacitor trick as well in early design of the code. It does work but be aware the 9v will drain quickly especially when the servo is running. The 4 AAA's in series provide 1000mAh of power at 4.8v. The 9v is 500 mAh @9v and you will be loosing some efficiency due to how much that buck converter has to drop the voltage.
110 percent correct it sucked all the juice out of 9 volt so I switched over to using something else figured the regulator I got was bad so ordered new boosters and it works but the issue I'm having, LCDs don't work now so don't know if I fry them or what. i fix one thing and something that was working fine stops. I'm getting frustrated with this project and I just have to sit back and laugh at myself.
fully fixed and working like a champ I don't know what I did differently this morning but apparently I just needed a nap.
I'm shocked that people that view things like this as simple, this is my first interaction with an Arduino and my first attempt at building a prop that I've always wanted, thank you for helping me
CountDeMonet liked this
Hi Count, Hope you're well and sorry to resurrect this old thread. I was looking for another project to build to go along with your awesome Proton Pack that is very nearly finished.

Instead of powering with 4xAAA batteries would it be possible to power this with a single 18650 battery at all? Will it need the buck converter if this is the case?

Thanks,

Brett
No problem reviving the thread, yes you could use those. I'd use 2 of them though and use the buck converter to bring the voltage down the 5 which is where the arduino and servo are happy. You could possibly get away with just the single one IF you found a 3v servo and were ok with the wings being slower to move. You would want to power the servo and the arduino separately from the battery if you don't use the buck converter. Do not power the servo through the ardunio

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]