By Kingpin
(Special thanks to Alex Newborn for the tip and providing visual materials)

Scheduled for release in September, Spencer's Gifts (the company which presently owns Spirit Halloween) will be retailing a backpack version of their successful Proton Pack replica.

The specifications are as follows:

•Lights and sounds
•Adjustable padded straps
•Three pockets
•Laptop sleeve
•Zipper closure
•Fully lined
•22.7" high, 15.5" wide, 12" deep.

The backpack is currently available for a reduced price of $74.99. The normal listing price is $149.99.
By Kingpin
I honestly don't see this selling well based on those prices. It's a fun novelty, but with the two-dimensional ones selling for a fraction of the cost, there's no contest.
By SpaceBallz
I'm having trouble with what my brain is trying to decipher here. It looks like a spirit halloween electronic proton pack from the front...with backpack straps?
By Kingpin
I'm having trouble with what my brain is trying to decipher here. It looks like a spirit halloween electronic proton pack from the front...with backpack straps?
More than just the straps. View it more as a regular backpack with the Spirit Halloween Proton Pack attached to it, with part of the backpack partially fed into the Proton Pack's plastic shell.
NickFame13 liked this
By BRD 527
good grief I already preordered a trap, goggles and 2 pke meters... yes this is pretty cool... Yes they are bleedin me dry this year lol my nephew well love this... for one day -.-
By Peter Venkman Jr.
This looks amazing, since I missed out the Spirt Halloween Proton Pack last year I pre-ordered this. Looking forward to using for cosplay, since I do not have the skills needed to make a screen accurate Proton Pack.
By Kingpin
This looks amazing, since I missed out the Spirt Halloween Proton Pack last year I pre-ordered this.
Just so you're aware, Spirit should have new stock of the standard Pack for this year.
By timeware
I cant justify buying this until I've finished upgrading my last pack. I do like the idea of having a lap top sleeve to set up an easy sound system without having to install a bunch of electronics.

If someone were really creative they could set up a 3dfx projector to mimic proton stream's or project slimer and other ghosts?
NickFame13 liked this
By Kingpin
If someone were really creative they could set up a 3dfx projector to mimic proton stream's or project slimer and other ghosts?
It's not impossible, but it's not the least bit practical with today's current technology.
By Peter Venkman Jr.
@ Kingpin, thanks for the heads up.

Between this new backpack and the next issue of the IDW comic book I am really excited for September. Also I defiantly plan on getting one of the new Spirt Halloween Ghost Traps as well, since I currently do not a have Ghost Trap for cosplaying.
By Alex Newborn
I just got an email from Spencer's with an ADDITIONAL 20% off for all backpacks this weekend only.

The email says "Promo code BACKPACKS18E"

The website says "Promo code: BACKPACKS18" without the E on the end.

Not sure which is the typo, might want to try both if there's a bug in the system.

Alex

I've had mine ordered since the end of March with […]

Elbow pad shipping to the UK

That's exactly what I did, and made a complete mes[…]

I just realized that I never did an introduction w[…]

I've brought my pack for the past 6 years with[…]