By Fitzhume
Small update for the belt items. I have a PKE meter by Spirit and a tape measure holder. I will have 2 of these holders for the PKE meter and the Gizmo I am waiting on by Spongeface. This is the holder I'm using: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006 ... UTF8&psc=1

I remove the top strap by drill out the rivet then dying the entire thing black.

I used a block of wood while I drilled the rivet:

This is the type of dye I purchased for this leather and it has worked great!

I blotted and put it on like you would when coloring. The leather soaks up the dye very easily.

This was before coloring the back of the holster:

I let this dry overnight and then rubbed it down with a lint-free cloth to give it a little polish. It's not shiny but it looks better after this step.

I will be getting a 2nd one of these holsters to hold the Gizmo. This will require to cut off the bottom flap of this holster. M

More to come...
By Fitzhume
This weekend I worked on finished up the external part of the pack minus weathering. Weathering will be one of the last steps that I take with the pack. I also have to work on the bezel decal with the lenticular piece for the wand bar graph. I will post pictures of this at a later date.

I do have rub-on decals but I chose to put the vinal sticker for now on the N-filter. The flash of the camera really showed the color difference from the pack to sticker. For those that did use a rub-on, what is the number in the lower right corner of the diagram? Is it the same that is on the wand on the left side?
twmedford23, VINMAN liked this
By Fitzhume
I've been working on my wand for the past week and I'm to a point to put all the wires in. I have the GB fans soundboard, lights, and wand kit. I had tested all of this before and everything was working. Now I'm having some trouble and need some guidance. I have noticed that the wand tip button and light never work now. I have tested this multiple times with all the setups from the documentation. I routed the wand button/light to the tip and it doesn't seem to work not when the power is off and vent light switch is on. I cannot get the light on this line or button to work at all.

I need some help if anyone is willing to try.
By Fitzhume
If I turn the pot on the wand board all the way to the left, the orange hat light(wand tip) does light. This is the only want I can get it to light. I have to be missing something very simple.

My initial assumption is that the switch doesn't work anymore or the wiring to the switch is damaged.
By Fitzhume
Well, I cut and pull the heat shrink off the one terminal and it is broken.

Assuming that this is the only problem, I should be able to fix this as there is enough slack in the line for this. If not, I could splice in some extension wire to accommodate the length.

Does anybody else think this is going to suck fo[…]

Propstore GB auction won.

Tracking says I will receive it tomorrow. A bit b[…]

Alternative for belt Gizmo.

Totally agreed about Spongefaces stuff. I have mos[…]

that is an amazing amount of work. But that smilin[…]