Good lord you've been a busy man. Looks fantastic!
I haven't been this excited to finish a pack ever, haha. Addicted to the build!
Where did you get the yellow loom/cable and the foregrip?
I'll have to dig through my bookmarks again for the braided hose. I'll send you a PM when I find it!

I made the forend. It's a standard resin grip that I built up and reshaped with bondo.
If you have an old Stop sign laying around and think to yourself "I could save a few bucks and make my pack motherboard from this!", save yourself the hour long hassle of grinding off the reflective material and removing the industrial strength adhesive with acetone and a razor blade. It's worth the extra money to not have to deal with it :lol:

So anyway, I did exactly that and after a lot of cussing, I finally have a mobo and the pack and ALICE frame are mounted.

Forgot to flip the straps backwards so you could see the replicated damage.

This will probably be the last update for a few days. I'm waiting on the few remaining parts I need to come in the mail. But I will have some exciting updates once they do!
mburkit liked this
This will probably be the last update for a few days. I'm waiting on the few remaining parts I need to come in the mail. But I will have some exciting updates once they do!
I’m right there with you! My latest shop order should be shipping soon. I’m hoping to have it by Friday so I can work on it Sunday.
Austin liked this
I’m right there with you! My latest shop order should be shipping soon. I’m hoping to have it by Friday so I can work on it Sunday.
It's such a bummer to be on a roll and then come to a screeching halt!
This thread makes me very happy. I have a full set of hero parts that I acquired years ago intended for a GB2 pack but I've been thinking about using them to do an afterlife pack. Those grips came out awesome, I might try the same on my set. I'm probably going to hold off until we get more reference pics, but I have huge respect for you getting in on this so early :)
Austin liked this
This thread makes me very happy. I have a full set of hero parts that I acquired years ago intended for a GB2 pack but I've been thinking about using them to do an afterlife pack. Those grips came out awesome, I might try the same on my set. I'm probably going to hold off until we get more reference pics, but I have huge respect for you getting in on this so early :)
Much appreciated! I'm confident I'm fairly close overall, but I know there will still be a lot of tweaking and redoing of certain areas once more concrete reference is available. But right now I'm having a blast!

I'm pretty psyched to see everyone else start cranking out Afterlife packs as well :)
Alright, I promised some exciting updates and here's one.

I have I.D.ed the toggle switches on the Ion Arm and Crank Generator/Gearbox.

First up, the Ion Arm switch:
Yep. It's really just a light switch.

Crank Gen/Gearbox Switch:

Eaton Heinemann Breaker Switch. This particular model is 70-592A. I'm not 100% certain this is the EXACT model used by production, but I can confirm it is correct externally. You specifically want the ones with the embossed "ON" above the toggle.

Heinemann has other similar switches, but as you can see from the comparison photo, they are not exact. But good enough if you can't find the exact match, or just want something close enough:

Keep in mind the switches have been modified for the film. I will be posting photos soon of my modifications for reference.
Coover5, Nicholszz, Kingpin and 2 others liked this
How do you know that these are the parts with such confidence? I didn’t even know there was a second switch on the crank gen until this previous post, then I went back to find it in your pictures.
You guys will just have to trust me. But know that I wouldn't put the info out there if I wasn't confident about it. Just trying to give people a head start collecting parts. :)
Michael Scott, RedSpecial, Dan AKA and 2 others liked this
How do you know that these are the parts with such confidence? I didn’t even know there was a second switch on the crank gen until this previous post, then I went back to find it in your pictures.
You guys will just have to trust me. But know that I wouldn't put the info out there if I wasn't confident about it. Just trying to give people a head start collecting parts. :)
Austin comes from the same kind of moral fabric that I do, we both want to share what we know as much as possible. That said we also don't want to get people in trouble, so sometimes we just have to trust each other. :)

Austin, this pack is beautiful. I'm going to have to start collecting parts. I want one.
Michael Scott, RedSpecial, Austin and 2 others liked this
Here's pretty much what the new switches look like with their mods and mouthing plates. The large switch is ready to be molded. The small one just needs the screws for the plate and it will be ready as well.
Kingpin, mburkit, Glenn Frederick and 1 others liked this
would you also be interested in selling resin shotgun forgrips? would love to modify one of my packs.
I'm working out plans to offer Afterlife parts and conversion kits, and yes, that is among one of the pieces. I'd like to make a new master from real wood though so I'll get some real wood grain texture on the castings :) Hopefully very soon!
jimbo7 liked this
That it's my page?
Ahhhhhh.

Glad that mystery has been laid to rest.
I made a post about it the Afterlife spoiler thread a while back. TL,DR version: I just wanted to make cool, "asthetic-y" account for the new movie. I have some ideas for where I want to take it eventually.

I don't know why people took it so seriously when it says "A division of the Central Oklahoma Ghostbusters" right at the top :lol: But I guess it's also kind of flattering?
twmedford23, mburkit, Kingpin and 1 others liked this

Venkman ran for mayor in the Return novel. It soun[…]

We should all grow evil mustaches to fit the timel[…]

Pretty much this. These illustrations were conce[…]

Auto World is just the Joyride right? Maybe w/ou[…]