By Kingpin

After nearly two years, Ghostbusters World, will be coming to an end on the 13th of August, 2020, as revealed in a statement published on the Ghostbusters World twitter account:
Ghostbusters World will be closing down on August 13, 2020. We hope you have enjoyed the game and thank you for all your support.
Please check your in-game mailbox for additional details and a special thank you gift to make the most of the last 34 days of service

Developed by FourThirtyThree Inc., the mobile game sought to get a slice of the success of Pokémon GO, through getting Ghostbusters-loving players out and about, battling ghosts and ghoulies solo, and with fellow fans.
By Macktacular
That's disappointing, but I'm not entirely surprised. After about a full year of playing the game I wound up pretty much dropping it in early 2020 simply because they weren't doing anything new with it. They never added a second "issue" to the main story, they stopped adding new ghosts. They didn't even enable the Christmas-themed ghosts for the 2019 holiday season, and that's just swapping out the models. The first time I actually started to believe the folks in the game's chat that "the game is abandonware" (people have been saying that TF2 is dying for a decade now, and it's playerbase hasn't decreased in the slightest) was when it took them over a week to respond to an issue where the game would crash on start up for a lot of their players, and then almost another week before it was fixed. It just reached a point where the only "content" was PVP, and it was clear that you couldn't progress past a certain level unless you put a lot of money into the game.

It's a shame because it's a solid game, and a tie-in with the new movie could definitely offer material for new cosmetics, story, ghosts, etc. Plus draw attention to the app. Pokemon Go had a slump, but they eventually introduced a bunch of new pokemon, features, game mechanics, cosmetics, etc. - and that got more people interested in it than ever. Even the MIB game is continuing to add stuff, and that's not nearly as big of a name as Ghostbusters.

I will say this though; the runes system was needlessly complicated. Okay so runes provide boosts to your ghost's stats, good. Certain number of same-coloured runes provide an additional boost, okay that's good too. Some runes require different amounts, so you can't min-max the ghost too much, okay that's fair. But then each rune slot is a type and putting a rune that fits that type provides a bonus and where runes are in relation to each other and... yeah that was too much for me, I never bothered to try and figure it out.

2002 was not so fun for me. I spent most of the ye[…]

Moded Spirit Goggles

Modded the Spirit goggles to look more like the re[…]

Spirit EL wire pack.

Finally figured out how to add pics. Updated the p[…]

3D Printed Proton Pistol

I have an Ender 3 Pro in my possession now, and I'[…]