Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
I don't plan on making mine look like GB1/2 but I know a lot of others are. I didn't get a Matty wand and they are upwards of £700-1000 now on the second hand market.

The main changes with the Afterlife wand. compared to the original films are as follows):
  • Bent finger grip
  • Shotgun front grip
  • A visible cable running from gun box to under grip
  • Some bad welding
  • Lots of scuffs and scratches
  • Bubbling rust under paint
  • Olive drab wrap on rear grip
  • Dixie cup bracket instead of vhook
These are all accurate to the prop used in the film as the toy manufacturer did a 3d scan to base it from.
PaulDx508 wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 8:51 am Pre ordered 2 from Gamestop a week or so after the unveiling. My order been saying since the first, Preparing to Ship. This morning it went to Awaiting Product Availability. Hoping its just til the ballpark of the 16th like everywhere else is saying. :sigh:

Yeah, mine did the same thing. They had a countdown yesterday as to how many they still had in stock, now they are waiting for stock? What a scam. I canceled my order on Hasbro Pulse because Game Stop said they had them in stock. NEVER AGAIN, I'm done with Game Stop.
Mercifull wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 3:46 pm I did a little video if anyone is interested.

Great video, had to look up the meaning of "Naff" as you've used it a few times here lately. I already figured it wasn't good, and now I have confirmed that. :)

It's killing me that all you folks across the pond have already received theirs, while ours here in the U.S. seem to have been delayed. :(
kahuna900 wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 4:07 pm
Mercifull wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 3:46 pm I did a little video if anyone is interested.
Great video, had to look up the meaning of "Naff" as you've used it a few times here lately. I already figured it wasn't good, and now I have confirmed that. :)
Apologies for the British colloquialisms lol. You are correct, both “naff” and “pap” are not so good haha.
kahuna900 liked this
jonogunn wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 4:33 pm Can any anyone tell me what ext to cable on the pack I need to buy to look like the Afterlife version?

I’ll be attaching this wand to it so might as well make it as accurate as possible
Most people use 3/4" Split wire loom: Link.

Edit: Whoops, suggested 1/4" when it should've been 3/4".
kahuna900 wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 9:29 am
PaulDx508 wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 8:51 am Pre ordered 2 from Gamestop a week or so after the unveiling. My order been saying since the first, Preparing to Ship. This morning it went to Awaiting Product Availability. Hoping its just til the ballpark of the 16th like everywhere else is saying. :sigh:

Yeah, mine did the same thing. They had a countdown yesterday as to how many they still had in stock, now they are waiting for stock? What a scam. I canceled my order on Hasbro Pulse because Game Stop said they had them in stock. NEVER AGAIN, I'm done with Game Stop.
Same here! Game Stop claimed they had them in stock when I called them on Aug. 31st.
So I ordered one from there hoping it would ship out in a few days.
Then I cancelled my Hasbro pre-order.
THEN I go on my Game Stop order page and it says "Awaiting Product Availability".

So I called Game Stop again to ask what the heck does that mean? Matt, the guy I spoke to says they are out of stock because of all the pre-orders and they are awaiting more to be restocked in a few weeks.
If you claim you have an item in stock then I expect it to be in stock. WTH??

So I had to cancel that one and then found one ready to ship on eBay of all places. It will be here by Tuesday, Sept. 8th according to the USPS tracking info. SCREW YOU GAME STOP!! WHAT A SCAM!! NEVER AGAIN!!
PaulDx508 liked this
PaulDx508 wrote: September 4th, 2020, 9:01 am Yeah I dont get why they wouldve kept selling them on the first with an in stock amount. Then the next day hit us with the Just Kidding.
Oh just wait until you hear what Anovos did to the Ghostbusters fandom...
hutto liked this
gamera1968 wrote: September 4th, 2020, 7:56 amIf you claim you have an item in stock then I expect it to be in stock. WTH??
It's possible that at the time they did have the stock, but it was whittled away by new customers seeing the Thrower and deciding to buy it, and dissatisfied customers of Hasbro Pulse switching their orders to Gamestop. :(
deadderek wrote: September 4th, 2020, 9:13 am
PaulDx508 wrote: September 4th, 2020, 9:01 am Yeah I dont get why they wouldve kept selling them on the first with an in stock amount. Then the next day hit us with the Just Kidding.
Oh i know. But Anovos already had a sloppy track record for props. So I wasn't going anywhere near that.
deadderek wrote: September 4th, 2020, 9:13 am
Oh i know. But Anovos already had a sloppy track record for props. So I wasn't going anywhere near that.
Mine is arriving tomorrow between 9:06 and 13:06, which is paradoxically both alarmingly specific and incredibly vague.
PaulDx508, kahuna900, gamera1968 and 2 others liked this
hutto wrote: September 4th, 2020, 9:14 am Im about to call GS but, mine still says 'Your item has been processed and is being packed for shipment'. Never has it taken four days.

Now, them saying its shipped and it actually making it's way to UPS is, another story.

Strange these were never sold by Amazon.
My order on Game Stop said the same thing the day after I placed my order.
Then the following day "just kidding'. Awaiting shipment. I would not count on it taking 4 days to process your order.
I found one on ebay and it will be here by Sept. 9th. SCREW GAME STOP!!
I wouldn’t cancel anything until you’ve got one in your hands. Don’t trust any retailers website or even on the phone until your mitts have touched it. If you end up with two... there’s already an aftermarket on eBay. Demand is outstripping supply.
gamera1968 liked this
While the shipping timeline is disappointing, this is definitely not a limited run like the MattyCollector stuff. I don’t miss the order stress of those days at all!
When they were sold out you were out of luck.

I felt bad for those people who got defective products and Matty only had a handful available for replacement! What a mess.
Mercifull wrote: September 4th, 2020, 1:00 pm I wouldn’t cancel anything until you’ve got one in your hands. Don’t trust any retailers website or even on the phone until your mitts have touched it. If you end up with two... there’s already an aftermarket on eBay. Demand is outstripping supply.
*sigh* You're right. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad having 2, just in case.

Not my photo just sharing here. If you cut off the rubber there’s not a full grip underneath so it would need a 3D printed part. I’m not taking mine off so someone else will have to design that part, I’m afraid.
cristovalc, gamera1968 liked this

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]