Discuss the upcoming 4th movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire to be released in March 2024.
JonXCTrack wrote: February 14th, 2023, 8:04 am I think it has to do with the "Spengler Pack."
It can't be though, the unmodified packs that Ray, Peter and Winston wore were able to ensnare Gozer. I believe that the modifications that Egon made to his Pack essentially increased the power/force of the particle stream.
JonXCTrack wrote: February 14th, 2023, 8:04 am When Lucky fires the stream at Gozer (well, half of Gozer anyway), the effects of the stream were enough to alter Gozer's structure, making her more ethereal.
I think if that had been the case we would've seen some visible effect on Gozer to indicate it'd become ethereal, such as becoming semi-transparent like some of the other ghosts.
Selfishly, I would love to see a brief scene in Firehouse when Phoebe gets to town that she wants to go visit 55 CPW. It would just seem natural to me that she would want to. Not for it to be a plot point or for the nostalgia sake, but I think she would be genuinely curious.

All that being said…I seriously doubt that will happen.
mrmichaelt, WCat2000 liked this
gbraider82 wrote:Selfishly, I would love to see a brief scene in Firehouse when Phoebe gets to town that she wants to go visit 55 CPW. It would just seem natural to me that she would want to. Not for it to be a plot point or for the nostalgia sake, but I think she would be genuinely curious.

All that being said…I seriously doubt that will happen.
That would be really cool. Any location really. I'm really hoping there's a scene(s) of at least Phoebe and Podcast in Ray's Occult with Ray.
Kingpin, WCat2000 liked this
Uncle Ernie drops some bits about upcoming film..sounds…weird to me..the way afterlife left off..made it seem like Winston would be getting some more love this time around. But this makes it sound like Ernie had to negotiate better screen time.

“It took a long time for the studio, and even now, we’re negotiating a new movie that’s gearing up to start shooting in March, and I’m like, “Guys, you know, there’s a place that I, I’m not an add-on,” so, if I’m going to do it, it has to make sense.”

What do you guys make of it?

(Moderator: Link is: https://ghostbustersnews.com/2023/02/17 ... inclusive/)
Sav C liked this
BatDan wrote:Uncle Ernie drops some bits about upcoming film..sounds…weird to me..the way afterlife left off..made it seem like Winston would be getting some more love this time around. But this makes it sound like Ernie had to negotiate better screen time.

“It took a long time for the studio, and even now, we’re negotiating a new movie that’s gearing up to start shooting in March, and I’m like, “Guys, you know, there’s a place that I, I’m not an add-on,” so, if I’m going to do it, it has to make sense.”

What do you guys make of it?
I edited in a link to the article so people know what you're referencing.

Seems like he's saying they're trying to lock down on him getting top billing/secure his name being listed on the posters, trailers and that has always been an issue. This interview was done on Wednesday and they're still negotiating his contract for this movie? Wow. Then they kinda dance around the inclusive/non-inclusive component to Hollywood, too. Hudson talked about how the GB1 cast and crew were inclusive when he was trying to fit in but not the studio and cites the oft used example of how his name wasn't on the poster. I would speculate Hudson also probably wanted to lockdown this commitment like last year so he can better plan his 2023 out and know which projects to turn down or accept after he's done with filming for this movie.

This quote comes up before the 2 min. mark. They only put up this one clip of the interview for free so far. I don't have SiriusXM so not sure if it's elaborated on further later in the interview.
Kingpin liked this
Good for Ernie to put his foot on the ground when negotiating his role and billing for the new movie. It's about time he shows up in the posters, and it's time the studio stop treating him as an easy shoe in.
He knows he can push back more now they gave his character more importance, so carve out that well deserved place for you, man!
kahuna900, Sav C, SpaceBallz liked this
Ernie has probably been the most consistent ambassador for the Ghostbusters brand, it's beyond rediculous that EVEN NOW he has to be firm in order to get his name on the bloody film poster. Give the man his well-deserved due, Sony. :angryvigo:
Alphagaia, deadderek, kahuna900 and 3 others liked this
It would be an awesome move on Sony's part to give Winston his own gear if he suits up. A uniform similar to his RGB look would be nice as well. Egon had his own modded pack after all.

I don't think any of us would be surprised if he had his own R&D department devoted to paranormal research. Until the ghost activity picked up again he may not have had Egon's data to build reliable counter parts to the original gear.
Alphagaia wrote: February 18th, 2023, 10:42 am
jonogunn wrote: February 18th, 2023, 10:38 am I don’t get it. I thought Jason and Gilman were all in on the Winston situation and understood how he was undervalued. This is surprising as heck
They probably aren't the problem, Sony is.
But Jason and Gilman have creative free reign
Hairy Biker wrote: February 18th, 2023, 6:32 pm AZ Ghostbusters just shared a photo of Insta of Wrecto arriving in England.
Screenshotted from the originating account:

Apparently the photo was snapped at Glasgow Prestwick Airport. Based on the pattern of the car's cosmetic rust and dirt patterns... It looks like it's this filming car:

-Which was the car on-display at the The Petersen Automotive Museum.

EDIT: More photos:
deadderek, mrmichaelt, Alphagaia and 1 others liked this
Kingpin wrote: February 18th, 2023, 8:49 pm
Hairy Biker wrote: February 18th, 2023, 6:32 pm AZ Ghostbusters just shared a photo of Insta of Wrecto arriving in England.
Screenshotted from the originating account:

Apparently the photo was snapped at Glasgow Prestwick Airport. Based on the pattern of the car's cosmetic rust and dirt patterns... It looks like it's this filming car:

-Which was the car on-display at the The Petersen Automotive Museum.

EDIT: More photos:
If they keep the Ecto 1 looking rusty like that I’m going to be annoyed.

I want my Ecto clean and shining and brilliant. Not rusty, dusty and messy.
Sav C liked this
timeware wrote:I'm still thinking Ecto gets cleaned up, and I'm guessing as the roof crap is missing they either plan on turning her back into Ecto 1-A or a new Ecto 1-B with more modern roof crap. I'm still surprised they would ship the car to London instead of outright using a new vehicle.
Might have been a stipulation in shipping that the car and rack had to come individually? Or I recall the late Stephen Dane shipped the roof rack separately from LA and it was assembled in NYC for GB1.
Alphagaia liked this
Could just look like that in opening scenes and then time jump to current day or Ray/Winston and Trevor fix it up during the course of the movie and it’s fully restored by the final battle.

With the real life time gap it is a little strange Winston would leave it like that until the Spenglers arrive. I guess it makes more sense it’s just like this in some intro without them around. Either way works though.
WCat2000 wrote:Could just look like that in opening scenes and then time jump to current day or Ray/Winston and Trevor fix it up during the course of the movie and it’s fully restored by the final battle.

With the real life time gap it is a little strange Winston would leave it like that until the Spenglers arrive. I guess it makes more sense it’s just like this in some intro without them around. Either way works though.
True, could be that.

Or like in the Spirits Unleashed game, the opening cutscene starts with the end tag of Winston and Ecto-1 at the end of Afterlife then shifts to a montage of the Firehouse and Ecto being restored.

But it could be pretty expensive if they need to find a few more Cadillacs, do a full restoration to pristine Ecto-1 with a gunner seat.
Davideverona wrote:A little quick help:

We know that in Afterlife they purchased some old Cadillacs to refurbish them as Ecto 1.

Was one of them the real 1A or did they use only some parts of it?
Yes, one of thm was the real 1A.

Go Creative Show YouTube

"Ghostbusters Afterlife Production Design (with Francois Audouy) GCS291" 12/6/2021
30:20-31:10
Francois Audouy says: "We ended up using the-an Ecto-1 that Sony had in a storage container from the second film and then purchasing a second Ecto-1-a second 1959 Cadillac and then we took every-the picture vehicle company took the whole-both cars apart and catalog every single piece of both cars like like I don't know like forensically so basically imagine walking into a garage and two cars were completely torn-taken apart and then cataloged and then every singe piece, thousands and thousands of pieces were restored but then the cars now the cars, it wasn't just a restoration job because the cars had to do three things."
Davideverona liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: February 19th, 2023, 1:48 am
WCat2000 wrote:Could just look like that in opening scenes and then time jump to current day or Ray/Winston and Trevor fix it up during the course of the movie and it’s fully restored by the final battle.

True, could be that.

Or like in the Spirits Unleashed game, the opening cutscene starts with the end tag of Winston and Ecto-1 at the end of Afterlife then shifts to a montage of the Firehouse and Ecto being restored.

But it could be pretty expensive if they need to find a few more Cadillacs, do a full restoration to pristine Ecto-1 with a gunner seat.
I don’t have the game but I looked it up. It would be pretty cool if they did something like that.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]