Discuss the upcoming 4th movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire to be released in March 2024.
It does make more sense now that they didn't actually "trap" anything in the jewelry store incident and it was just lasers making them drop. The brief glimpse of the design gave the impression they were traps.
BatDan wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 7:19 am Yeah i still like the idea it was poltergeist activity lol since theres no verbal explanation in film. Im walking away convinced its “possessed” jewelry
It probably files under the dancing toaster and Walking Statue of Liberty, where the slime is the activator of some (mild) disturbance.
Davideverona wrote: August 13th, 2022, 12:38 am So, in a year we'll likely be waiting for the trailer, right?
Gozer willing.
Davideverona liked this
deadderek wrote: August 13th, 2022, 6:18 am
Davideverona wrote: August 13th, 2022, 12:38 am So, in a year we'll likely be waiting for the trailer, right?
Gozer willing.
All things should be on track unless the Covid Delta Plus Rewards program Variant rears it's ugly man bear pig head or Barbra Streisand put's out a new album.
He was there for the beirtgarden, the lederhosen or lack thereof. If he had been scouting, Germany isn't without it's own paranormal activity and they have plenty of castles that could be used for a live action version of Hard Knights Day. While Firehouse is expected to take place in New York I would welcome the possibility of branching the franchise out to another country.

Any reports of Dan throwing Crystal Skull bottles in Jason's suitcase to try and promote Vodka? Might not go over so well over there. Lol.

https://www.thelocal.de/20191023/what-a ... d-castles/
Minor, but one thing I noticed is that Celeste O'Connor is supposedly in the cast of the Madame Web movie that is currently filming in Boston (then NY and Mexico next month). Wonder if that could figure out a start date for this sequel more or less but it would depend on if she's filming back to back or does she get a small break depending on how big her role is in either movie, etc.
Happy to be wrong, but I don't think Celeste will come back *insert Terminator theme*

I'm feeling more hype than Afterlife, I didn't think it was possible.
In a year time we'll have all the things we waited for three years.
We had a teaser in January 2019, some mysterious photos during production, a trailer in December 2019, nothing until July 2021, a new trailer and another one in November.

Hopefully this year will be fuller 😁 and filming in New York means that they'll be surrounded by paparazzi who'll give us some juicy pics from exterior set.
zeta otaku liked this
timeware wrote: August 16th, 2022, 12:11 pm So not likely...What if they pull a Spider-Man far from home and the kid's are in Germany without their equipment? Lucky and Trevor are MIA, while the film switches between the fire house and another country? The big bad isn't in New York but requires the new team to leave the states?
Well, Aykroyd wanted to take the Ghostbusters to Scotland in his initial story for GB2, "The Seed" and we've seen great stories of them going international in the IDW comics. Could be cool.

But in this case I figured Jason was on a summer vacation and happened to fit in going to the park on his agenda.
I wouldn't worry too much about it, Sarah Jessica Parker was in Europe filming the latest Sex in the City project while they were filming Hocus Pocus 2 here in the states and she's still in the movie.

I just can't see EVERY cast member returning for the next one for an adventure in New York unless it was a field trip or something. Oklahoma is quite a distance from NYC.
deadderek liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: August 16th, 2022, 6:38 pm
timeware wrote: August 16th, 2022, 12:11 pm So not likely...What if they pull a Spider-Man far from home and the kid's are in Germany without their equipment? Lucky and Trevor are MIA, while the film switches between the fire house and another country? The big bad isn't in New York but requires the new team to leave the states?
Well, Aykroyd wanted to take the Ghostbusters to Scotland in his initial story for GB2, "The Seed" and we've seen great stories of them going international in the IDW comics. Could be cool.

But in this case I figured Jason was on a summer vacation and happened to fit in going to the park on his agenda.
If he made his way there from Munich it's a very beautiful scenic drive. (by train.) Little tourist tidbit if your waiting for the train and a soccer game is getting out your bound to see some drunk idiot's go at it.
SpaceBallz wrote: August 16th, 2022, 8:00 pm I just can't see EVERY cast member returning for the next one for an adventure in New York unless it was a field trip or something. Oklahoma is quite a distance from NYC.
Afterlife taught me not to worry so much about logistics - remember how we spent all that time wondering how the OGBs would reunite and then get from New York to Oklahoma, only for them to just...magically appear in the nick of time.
Alphagaia, SpaceBallz, jonogunn and 3 others liked this
Davideverona wrote: August 19th, 2022, 12:00 am In the Production Weekly issue of this week there is..... Nothing ☺last known update was at the end of June.

Wonder when we'll hear a casting announcement m
Feels like we're just on the precipice. Jason confirmed Mckenna, Finn, and Callie on March 29, 2019 then posted the first photo from the set on July 12, 2019. Before that there were casting calls and production weekly film dates back in January. Curious if they still plan to start filming this year, otherwise some of these reports would have started coming out. But they've learned some things working on Afterlife and maybe have kept things close to the vest a lot tighter this time around.
Alphagaia liked this
When do you think they'll start shooting?

With Afterlife they had a 3 months shoot for a 9 months later release. And they had to literally reinvent VFX and sound effects.

Now they should go smoothly with all the pre-production with it being established in Afterlife. Can they go with an almost identical time-line?

Shooting from December 2022 to March 2023 to release it in December 2023?
Davideverona wrote: August 25th, 2022, 5:01 am When do you think they'll start shooting?

With Afterlife they had a 3 months shoot for a 9 months later release. And they had to literally reinvent VFX and sound effects.

Now they should go smoothly with all the pre-production with it being established in Afterlife. Can they go with an almost identical time-line?

Shooting from December 2022 to March 2023 to release it in December 2023?
Heck the 2nd film was still shooting in May ‘89 for a June release and FX were done by hand back then.

Marvel movies are have been known to do reshoots weeks before release.

In Hollywood there’s a saying. You can do things fast but you can’t do them cheap, you can do things cheap but it won’t be fast.
I don’t know if this has been mentioned but I wonder if this new movie will be Christmas themed. It’s coming out in December. GB2 had a holiday theme & I always thought it should’ve been released in December.

I do wonder if it will stay in that December date. There’s an Avatar sequel and Aquaman 2 to compete with. Holidays can be a boon to fun family movies, look what happened with the Jumanji reboot. That thing had legs!
I wouldn't bank on Avatar.

I mean, it'll probably make bank, but it also has real bomb potential. The first movie was popular due to the 3D tech, not the characters or story. It'll be interesting to see if this can repeat the success of the first, given the broadly negative word of mouth now associated with the first movie. Maybe I'm out of touch but I don't think the movie had any lasting cultural impact and I'd question if there's even a market for Avatar nostalgia...
deadderek liked this
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: August 25th, 2022, 7:00 am I wouldn't bank on Avatar.

I mean, it'll probably make bank, but it also has real bomb potential. The first movie was popular due to the 3D tech, not the characters or story. It'll be interesting to see if this can repeat the success of the first, given the broadly negative word of mouth now associated with the first movie. Maybe I'm out of touch but I don't think the movie had any lasting cultural impact and I'd question if there's even a market for Avatar nostalgia...
I don’t know much, but I do know you don't make Avatar money if audiences are only interested in your film from a technical aspect. That film crossed over to the people who buy their films from the supermarket. As paper thin as it seemed to die hard sci-fi watchers, Average Joe-cinema-goer loved those characters and that story. There must be some hangover of that love somewhere out there for part 2.
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]