By NSGhostbusters
R.I.P. Ivan Reitman. Thank you so much for for all of the memories, that your movies have provided us over the years...

October 27, 1946 - February 12, 2022

Gone but not forgotten...
By fixer79
Just heard the news. I feel so incredibly sad...

Only yesterday evening I was watching some Afterlife premiere footage of him and Jason...
It was so touching to see how proud he was of his son...
Luckily he still got to see how he was able to pass the torch in such a beautiful way and how very successful his son's Ghostbusters turned out to be...

Man, this... this is just heartbreaking...

Rest in peace, mr. Reitman.

:sigh:
MichaelGil, Kingpin liked this
By tripoli
I watched the bonus disk this weekend, where his son talked about the practical effects and then ended with how he had the opportunity to direct the film with his father.
Thank goodness the family had this chance to experience this.
My condolences to the Reitman family on their loss. Thank you Ivan, for making this world a better place.
MichaelGil, Kingpin liked this
By StarSpengledBanner82
Man I hate to hear this so badly. His work really enriched my nerd life and I'm really grateful for that. Really glad he got to see a truly great Ghostbusters film before it was all said and done and directed by his son to boot.
By LouisZeddemore
That's some really sad news to start the week. Even though I have never meet Ivan, he still was part of my life through his movies and memories I share with people watching his movies.

I'm happy that Jason had the chance to work with his dad extensively and that they build some long lasting memories.
deadderek, Kingpin liked this
By One time
Can't believe it. Such a shock to see this when looking at the news today.

So sad to see this.

It was so nice seeing how emotional he would get when talking with Jason at a GB Afterlife interview or on stage. How Ivan would let his emotions be seen. It was so touching to see them together. I wanted to see much more of them together. All the Youtube interviews they did together with various outlets. I had hoped one day there would be an interview with them both talking about changes to directing (storywriting, cinematography, lighting, etc) in the past 40 years. Perhaps some techniques Jason had that were new to Ivan, or some things that Ivan surprised Jason with during his time with GB Afterlife. I don't know any story in Hollywood where father and son both directed the same franchise 40 years apart. It would have been so nice to see.

None of the Youtube interviews really asked about that. It would have been great to hear.

I was so shocked and so deeply sad to hear about this today. Feeling a bit numb at the moment.

All my prayers are with Jason and their family.

Edit: I found this touching article

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2022/f ... ey-freeman
deadderek, fixer79, Kingpin and 1 others liked this
By MichaelGil
When I heard the news last night, I reached out to my fellow Ghostheads in the area and we shared or thoughts on Ivan's legacy. Hell, The impact he had on my childhood alone was much more encompassing than I realized! About 95% + of his movies were absolutely my sense of humor and my kind of story. Underdogs, misfits, the unlikely heroes.. or even the occasional fish out of water kind of story. He was a like a Brother to our beloved and departed Harold Ramis and We should all be glad we lived in same time and space to enjoy his vision and humor.

Note to Jason: I am glad you pushed to make Afterlife and Your urgency to carry the story forward with your Father there means so much to me and many others.

Thank you.
Kingpin, fixer79 liked this
By Davideverona
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 4566473737

Dan weighed in, closing his eulogy with a little Ghostbusters nod.

Wonder how he feel now, having lost all his business partners and dear friends.

First it was Belushi and it was Reitman who gave him a lift up.
Then it was Ramis and with Ivan he founded Ghost Corps giving him a focus for this last part of his career.

Now Ivan is gone, who's going to be at Aykroyd side?
By Spidon
Oof. This hits hard as I just lost my dad in November. He was also 75 when he passed. The legacy of his films will continue forever.
By Peter Venkman Jr.
Just read about this yesterday, so glad he was able work on Ghostbusters: Afterlife before he passed away. Ivan Reitman rarely if ever failed to make me laugh with any of his movies from Meatballs to Stripes both Ghostbusters movies, Twins, Kindergarten Cop, Dave and many others. Defiantly one of my favorite directors of all time. RIP, Mr. Reitman and thank you for all of the stories you told via the world of movies.
By Kingpin
Ivan will never know this, but what I'm most thankful of him is the friendships he's helped give me with people spread out all across this crowded little planet.

He (along with Dan and Harold) gave us a common interest that has drawn together passionate minds and hearts in celebration of a spooky, silly little comedy that was released over three decades ago. A comedy that beat expectations to become a global phenomenon.

Ghostbusters was always about friendship, and I think the idea is even stronger now as we gather to mark Ivan's passing.

jtryon86 wrote: February 14th, 2022, 6:35 am We should make a pin for him like for harold.
AJ is currently working on getting a memorial pin for Ivan made.
fixer79, robbritton, Petzrick and 2 others liked this
By An Invisible Bed
It really sucks to lose Ivan Reitman so soon after Afterlife, I especially feel bad for Jason Reitman, from a joyous occasion of finally releasing the movie to losing your father just a few months later, it's a real shame.

In addition to Ghostbusters of course I'm also a big fan of Heavy Metal and Animal House, which he produced and Stripes is also a classic of course.

Thanks for making the world a cooler place, Ivan, RIP.
deadderek, Wafflerobot liked this
By Wafflerobot
This moment popped into my mind after hearing the news. It is from an interview with Jason from the Fan Fest in 2019:

Jason asks his dad a question about making the first movie and as Ivan is talking about it, you can see how overwhelming it is for him to sit back and remind himself of what he was as a young man making Ghostbusters, while looking at his son all these decades later, who is now that age and working on the sequel. It was such a sweet nice thing. There was something so cool to see a father and son talking this way and being so close.

https://youtu.be/SsItVjhYACs?t=1367
around 22:47 on-wards

Thank you Ivan.
Last edited by Kingpin on February 15th, 2022, 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added YouTube code
MichaelGil liked this
By The Searcher
Reitman helped raised the bar for comedy films, and it’s incredibly sad to see him pass. His work has touched the lives of several generations worldwide by this point, and we are all the better for it.
Looking back, I’m happy he managed to be a part of Ghostbusters, not just in the director’s chair, but also on camera by driving the Ectomobile in Ghostbusters 2.
Kingpin liked this
By Ecto24601
Rest in peace Ivan. Thanks for all the joy and fun your work, your dedication gave me and all of us here.
I have a hard time believing this is supposed to be true. It sounds silly, but I was hoping for him and Jason to make a cameo in a future NY Ghostbusters sequel as Brownstone Boy#2 and his dad. As others said, I'm so thankful he saw his legacy continued and the torch passed to his son in such a great manner.

Apparently the Oscars are asking fans to vote for a fan favorite film. That would be a nice touch to rally all GB fans to give Ivan a fitting tribute.

For Harold & Ivan
azza200, Wafflerobot liked this
By AJ Quick
There have been many requests for a pin to go along with the Harold Ramis Memorial Pin.

An Ivan Reitman pin is being produced:

https://www.gbfans.com/shop/ivan-reitma ... lapel-pin/

The pin is once again, sold for $1, at cost. No profits are being made or intend to be made.

Shipping service is currently suspended to Australia, there are no low cost options currently available. I recommend any international groups and franchises join together to place a bulk order and save on shipping. It will always be more cost effective to buy multiple pins as shipping is based solely on weight.
deadderek, Kingpin, RedSpecial and 3 others liked this
By sexy sadie
This classic interview from the show formerly known as The Early Show

Last edited by Kingpin on February 24th, 2022, 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added YouTube code
fixer79 liked this
By mbd
Will there be a second run of pins? Money's been tight due to storm damage repairs where I am and wasn't able to afford to pre-order with international shipping costs but will be in better financial situation next month

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]