Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By UEF
Thought this was funny

Last edited by Fritz on February 16th, 2022, 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed Youtube codes.
By WCat2000
Some jokes were funny but it seriously irks me when I hear comments like theirs. Mostly the guy with the beard. I don’t follow them but I’ve seen some before.

I cannot say how much I hate when people say Ghostbusters was only meant to be about the comedy/cast and the ghost stuff was excuse to put it together.

So it’s not supposed have an actual story with mythos...or it should for movie sake but nobody is supposed to care about anything except the cast and the humor. If you’re into the stories, tech and horror then you clearly do not “get” Ghostbusters.

They clearly made the effort to make them as creative as possible. Everything mattered. The storylines and the humor that comes from it. This is the only franchise I see these kind of arguments. It’s weird. Like you don’t see people claiming other entire themes are unimportant to their specific movies.

The top guy mentions it depends when and how you saw GB. If were a kid it was a legitimate monster movie or, in actuality, it’s a mature comedy with monsters.

Being totally honest having seen them countless times and again the last few days they’re really NOT adult oriented. There’s adult humor you won’t get as a kid and some cussing but a lot of things do this. They’re not crude comedies that kids were too dumb to understand.

Kids watch R rated movies even if they’re not supposed to. I love Chucky and started watching him when I was 8. Regardless of the cartoons and toys there’s absolutely nothing wrong with Ghostbusters being considered family-friendly and made with “kids on bicycles”.

As for Afterlife and references. They’re really not that in your face. Most fit into the context of the movie. It’s the second video I’ve seen label the PKE meter and Goggles as references. How are these references when they were standard pieces of equipment? Then the proton pack is just a reference.

Egon was not in the car for the end of the world conversation? Like he didn’t also study the supernatural?

Ya the way the team separated could have been a little better. I’ve said that. I’ll admit it’s a little weird watching the old movies with the added backstory that Egon has a daughter but it’s fine. They must all have personal lives. What about Ray? His personal life is never touched on.

Also Pheobe’s jokes are meant to be awkward. I know they commented that acknowledging that does not equal funny but that’s the whole point. She’s trying to fit in but only Podcast likes them because he’s a kid. She’s not supposed to be “bouncing off other actors”. It’s her quirky attempt to lighten the mood.

I could go on but this already turned into kind of a rant.
Ecto24601, Spectregater liked this
By RealGhostbusterJay
I always enjoy those trailers and yes even if I love the film. I don't think any of those roasts were mean or meant to be rude, just entertainment.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]