Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
User avatar
By RichardLess
#4973323
Alphagaia wrote: October 12th, 2022, 8:53 am If these allegations hold true, I don't want him anywhere near this new project.
It’s crazy what a different world we live in now. In 2022 Bill Murray is outed as an angry asshole(which isn’t all that surprising) and now we aren’t sure if we want him in GB movies.

Meanwhile In 2008 Murray’s ex wife said he abused her and the studio literally refused to make a Reitman directed GB film without his involvement.

Imagine if Murray’s ex wife came out with those allegations now? Yet there they are. On the internet just waiting for everyone to see.

I love Venkman. I don’t love Bill Murray. It’s time to move on from him.
Alphagaia liked this
User avatar
By deadderek
#4973324
Easy to separate the actor from the character. Either way I've doubts we'll see Bill in the new GB movie.
mrmichaelt, Sav C liked this
User avatar
By timeware
#4973328
Kevin Spacey has some serious allegations going on. While I disagree with Jim Carrey on a lot of things I can still watch his movies. Spacey is the acceptation. The only movie I can maybe watch with him in it is Superman Returns.

Baldwin along with Spacey's private lives are very, very public. I'm sure alot of people will no longer be supporting their movies after their trials are over.
User avatar
By deadderek
#4973329
It's ridiculous. Every single movie or tv show ever made has cast and/or crew with skeletons in their closet. No one is perfect. Director, actor,extra,production assistant, etc etc.

If you start filtering what media you won't watch because of 1 person's actions, then you really shouldn't watch most anything.
Chicken, He Clucked, SpaceBallz and 1 others liked this
User avatar
By timeware
#4973330
It's an individual's choice not to support a celebrity they don't like. You may disagree with someone's decision to do so but we all have our values. Regarding Kevin, Ezra, and Baldwin they have more than just skeletons in their closet. Again, Ezra is documented being a nut case. I'll watch Shazam, and Black Adam which are going to be huge for DC but i'm not going to support Flashpoint as he's the lead star. They'll make their money back on the movies they already had to cancel but replacing Miller is the right thing to do. In my opinion.
#4973331
deadderek wrote: October 13th, 2022, 7:32 am It's ridiculous. Every single movie or tv show ever made has cast and/or crew with skeletons in their closet. No one is perfect. Director, actor,extra,production assistant, etc etc.

If you start filtering what media you won't watch because of 1 person's actions, then you really shouldn't watch most anything.
Exactly this, and therefore it will always be a hypocritical stance for performative purposes. That's my take anyway - people should watch whatever they're personally comfortable with, but IDGI.
deadderek liked this
User avatar
By SpaceBallz
#4973344
I'd like to think people grow and learn even if they're old. As a teen and into my early 20s I loved "Porky's" and "Revenge of the Nerds." I tried watching Porky's recently and it does NOT hold up, I actually shut it off because I felt pretty uncomfortable. Bill was known for those late 70s/early 80s sex comedies that were "the norm" back then. He made a statement about the recent on-set behavior with his latest picture admitting that what he thought was okay 40 years ago isn't so okay in 2022. That's a vast difference from other actors who will flat out deny they said or did anything.

He is a product of his time, as was the first Ghostbusters film when it comes to humor. We all want the GB franchise to thrive what the original actors had started, and it will long after Bill's departure.
deadderek, Sav C liked this
#4973345
deadderek wrote: October 13th, 2022, 7:32 am It's ridiculous. Every single movie or tv show ever made has cast and/or crew with skeletons in their closet. No one is perfect. Director, actor,extra,production assistant, etc etc.

If you start filtering what media you won't watch because of 1 person's actions, then you really shouldn't watch most anything.
Why is it “ridiculous”? Movies require something called suspension of disbelief. I can watch Kevin Spacy play a murdering psychopath. But in American Beauty he almost sleeps with an underage girl. And he’s the good guy. Seeing him lust creepily over a younger person now carries a different context with it. One that’s extremely gross.

Imagine if it came out Tom Hanks was some serial rapist and secretly went to KKK meetings in his spare time. Watching him talk to a volleyball for two hours suddenly becomes a bit harder. Why? Because everytime they are on screen you are reminded “this person is a piece of shit”.

If you can separate an actor from their misdeeds. Good for you. I don’t. Maybe it’s not that I can’t but as a matter of principle I don’t. I don’t watch Bill Cosby either.

This doesn’t mean actors have to be perfect angels. But when it comes to sexual crimes? Or racist behaviour? Life is too short to waste it trying to watch an actual piece of shit pretend they are a hero or good person.
Alphagaia, WhoaFoogles liked this
User avatar
By deadderek
#4973355
Some people can't separate an actor from their work, some can.

Hey mods, can we get a different thread going for Bill Murray accusations so this thread about Firehouse doesn't go full stupid?
User avatar
By timeware
#4973358
Some people can't separate an actor from their work, some can.
You act like there isn't a limit to what actors can do to lose their fanbase or public support. Baldwin while intentionally or not actually shot two people, and his story keeps changing. I'm not saying that he's guilty or not guilty. that whole situation is just as messed up as Ezra Miller being accused of starting his own cult and seriously robbing a house because he can't pay for a beer run. WB spent 200 million on Flashpoint and Ezra is stealing alcohol? WTF.

I get it. Some actor's personal lives shouldn't keep someone from seeing a movie, but there has to be a limit.
User avatar
By deadderek
#4973362
timeware wrote: October 13th, 2022, 11:32 pm
Some people can't separate an actor from their work, some can.
You act like there isn't a limit to what actors can do to lose their fanbase or public support. Baldwin while intentionally or not actually shot two people, and his story keeps changing. I'm not saying that he's guilty or not guilty. that whole situation is just as messed up as Ezra Miller being accused of starting his own cult and seriously robbing a house because he can't pay for a beer run. WB spent 200 million on Flashpoint and Ezra is stealing alcohol? WTF.

I get it. Some actor's personal lives shouldn't keep someone from seeing a movie, but there has to be a limit.
So you think having only secondhand/hearsay knowledge of something is okay enough to completely disregard someone's work? Okay cool.

It's not fair (to either party) to judge anyone's actions based on hearsay.
User avatar
By timeware
#4973363
So you think having only secondhand/hearsay knowledge of something is okay enough to completely disregard someone's work? Okay cool.

It's not fair (to either party) to judge anyone's actions based on hearsay.
Is it hearsay when someone's been arrested a few times, and documented on video acting like a lunatic? It's shitty that the rest of the actors of Flashpoint have to suffer because of his actions outside the movie. Which is why WB should do the classy thing and reshoot with a different Flash. So cool that you think Ezra is a stand up guy.
#4973364
timeware wrote: October 14th, 2022, 12:45 am
So you think having only secondhand/hearsay knowledge of something is okay enough to completely disregard someone's work? Okay cool.

It's not fair (to either party) to judge anyone's actions based on hearsay.
Is it hearsay when someone's been arrested a few times, and documented on video acting like a lunatic? It's shitty that the rest of the actors of Flashpoint have to suffer because of his actions outside the movie. Which is why WB should do the classy thing and reshoot with a different Flash. So cool that you think Ezra is a stand up guy.
I missed where I said anything about Ezra specifically. Citation please.
#4973366
deadderek wrote: October 13th, 2022, 7:32 am It's ridiculous.
deadderek wrote: October 13th, 2022, 7:32 am Before thread goes full stupid
I feel most people here have a reasonable debate and don't feel the other side are bonkers for expressing their opinion while you are dialing it up to eleven. Can we disagree and discuss something without the insults and superlatives?
mrmichaelt wrote: October 13th, 2022, 11:20 pm Here's the Vanity Fair article in case anyone doesn't know what happened:
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... ld-surface
For me it's just another misfire on top of a big pile of annoying crap.

Bill being an asshole to Ramis being another huge one, and him being a huge factor for GB3 never happening. That last one is perhaps unfair, as he just didn't want to and that's fair, but the amount of time it took to finally get the movies beyond Bill was annoying to say the least. Him throwing an ashtray towards another (difficult) star being another. He is hard to work with, we all know that.

Kudos to everyone who can seperate the two, but I feel his actions need consequences besides some hush money and I don't like it if he sours a new movie with his presence.

I can still watch GB1 and 2, Groundhog day etc as many other people are involved in making the magic happen, but yeah, him on the bed with Sigourney feels very different now, as in real life I know he went for it.
Last edited by Alphagaia on October 14th, 2022, 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
#4973367
Innocent until proven guilty. Hard concept for people I know.
I can still watch GB1 and 2, Groundhog day etc as many other people are involved in making the magic happen, but yeah, him on the bed with Sigourney feels very different now, as in real life I know he went for it.
He went for it? Went for what? Which article or court document are you relying on for Sigourney saying that?
Sav C liked this
#4973369
I missed where I said anything about Ezra specifically. Citation please.
You hadn't. you're trying to make the point that an actor's personal life shouldn't keep someone from seeing their work. You said and I quote "So you think having only secondhand/hearsay knowledge of something is okay enough to completely disregard someone's work? Okay cool."

I'm using Miller as an example of an actor who shouldn't be rewarded with his work going through, and his fellow cast members shouldn't be subjected to financial loss by his actions. Again, most of the allegations against Ezra have been documented on video, and he's been arrested. It's not hearsay.
Kudos to everyone who can seperate the two, but I feel his actions need consequences besides some hush money and I don't like it if he sours a new movie with his presence.
Alpha just summed up my thoughts on the whole Miller situation.
#4973372
timeware wrote: October 14th, 2022, 2:02 am But you are avoiding answering my question to keep to your point.
Image
#4973373
deadderek wrote: October 14th, 2022, 1:34 am Innocent until proven guilty. Hard concept for people I know.
This isn’t a court of law. If you want to take away someone’s freedom and send them to jail? Ok.

But when you have enough people saying the same shit over and over? And when you are working in the extremely privileged industry where the power of the so called “A List” is insane? Come on.
Alphagaia liked this
#4973374
RichardLess wrote: October 14th, 2022, 2:10 am
deadderek wrote: October 14th, 2022, 1:34 am Innocent until proven guilty. Hard concept for people I know.
This isn’t a court of law. If you want to take away someone’s freedom and send them to jail? Ok.

But when you have enough people saying the same shit over and over? And when you are working in the extremely privileged industry where the power of the so called “A List” is insane? Come on.
I'm not as quick to judgment on anyone. Nope. All the evidence and stories over the decades of Bill being an asshole? Probably true.

But when you're accused of something serious, then yes I require more than hearsay before I write off an actor entirely.
Sav C liked this
#4973377
timeware wrote: October 14th, 2022, 2:23 am
But when you're accused of something serious, then yes I require more than hearsay before I write off an actor entirely.
What about a TMZ video and arrest records? I'm not talking about Bill.
This whole discussion started and is about Bill.
#4973378
Yes, but you specifically
t's ridiculous. Every single movie or tv show ever made has cast and/or crew with skeletons in their closet. No one is perfect. Director, actor,extra,production assistant, etc etc.

If you start filtering what media you won't watch because of 1 person's actions, then you really shouldn't watch most anything.
opened the door to further the discussion on the subject of actors not being held accountable for the actions and everyone seeing their works. But i'll leave it at that before Kingpin start's yelling at us.
#4973379
Some tempers in here could do with simmering down... And on a Moderator note, the post from this topic that was reported didn't break the forum rules - it was inappropriate to report it in the first place.

While the thread is about the accusations against Bill I don't think it's possible to completely restrict it to just him, it's natural to draw comparisons to other celebrities who've had similar allegations leveled against them. I would voice caution over getting too off-topic, but as has been pointed out already in this topic, this is not a court of law.
#4973380
Accusations are just that, accusations. Let's see actual evidence and not just hearsay, clickbait articles, or...TMZ of all places.
#4973381
Not a lot of the allegations surrounding Miller are family friendly but with Kingpin's permission I'll post the ones that are. You can find Miller's full arrest video on you tube. You can tell he was in some kind of a fight. He was arrested twice in Hawaii, and had some restraining orders placed against him.

2009 XBOX servers are alive again! If Spirits Unle[…]

I was thinking the same thing regarding cost, but […]

Hi there, New to the site and got my Haslab pack […]

Those sound modules stupidly ignore the file name […]