This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.

The P.O.L.T.E.R.G.E.I.S.T. is a revolutionary new tool designed to aid Ghostbusters in their spectral detection and containment efforts.
It uses advanced Valence Eradication and Neutralization Technology (V.E.N.T.) to detect and capture supernatural entities.
It features a user-friendly dashboard that displays real-time data on detected entities, their location, and their movements. The dashboard is designed to be intuitive and easy to use, allowing even novice Ghostbusters to quickly learn and utilize the system.
The P.O.L.T.E.R.G.E.I.S.T. system is designed to seamlessly integrate wirelessly with existing Ghostbusting equipment such as the P.K.E. Meter and Ghost Traps. With its powerful capabilities and ease of use, the P.O.L.T.E.R.G.E.I.S.T. is sure to become an indispensable tool in your Ghostbusting arsenal.
The P.O.L.T.E.R.G.E.I.S.T. is designed to be used by trained professionals in the field of paranormal investigation. It is not a toy or a gimmick, and should be used with caution and respect for the potential dangers of ghost hunting.
Its primary function is to detect, track, and neutralize ghosts and other supernatural entities. The V.E.N.T. system used by the P.O.L.T.E.R.G.E.I.S.T. is highly effective at detecting and neutralizing valences, but it is not infallible. Users should always exercise caution and follow established safety protocols when using the P.O.L.T.E.R.G.E.I.S.T. in the field.

Background Story
A while back, a seller on the Star Wars Room Builders group on Facebook showed a video of a rugged suitcase that had a screen and several bits and bobs attached to it. It basically looked like a suitcase computer used by a three-letter agency or government to either track or control lethal weapons of the massive kind. He had recently purchased a warehouse full of movie props, of which there were several of these cases.

This thing looked very interesting to me, so I approached the guy and we agreed upon a price.
Thankfully, being the first to respond I got first pick and got the case that was in the best shape.

After some back-and-forth with the seller, we can conclude that the case was a prop used in the final episode of the Amazon Prime series Hanna, and I have managed to screen-match it with some scenes displayed therein.
Now being the custodian of a screen-used prop, I had a decision to make. When the case arrived at my doorstep after a good month or so (I bet customs were scratching their head on what this suitcase contained), it showed it's "Movie Magic", and the facade of the high-tech suitcase soon fell apart as behind it all was a lot of hotglue and doublesided tape.
I can appreciate this specific craftsmanship, as it is of course a movie/TV prop, not an actual working item.

To my surprise, however the screen and keyboard seemed to be operational, and the screen itself is actually a fully functional touchscreen!

Having recently joined the Ghostbusters NL franchise in the Netherlands, I was highly motivated to try my hands on some propbuilding, and I decided to "sacrifice"/"enhance" this suitcase prop and turn it into something functional.

Enter... P.O.L.T.E.R.G.E.I.S.T.

I recently found out that ChatGPT is an excellent tool to brainstorm creative ideas, and the backronym P.O.L.T.E.R.G.E.I.S.T. was created to describe this portable workstation.

P.O.L.T.E.R.G.E.I.S.T. stands for:
Portable Operational Laptop for Tracking and Eliminating Restless Ghostly Entities and Interdimensional Spectral
Transference

I drilled some holes and screwed in the keyboard and joystick to make them be affixed tighter than just with hotglue.
I had several Raspberry PI's lying around the house, so I plugged that into the monitor, along with an USB cable for the touchscreen functionality (which works!). I also plugged in the rugged metal keyboard, and that seems to work too!

I set up Raspberry OS to look more Ghostbusterly so to say:

I then started looking for a way to create a cool terminal effect that we could utilize during conventions and events to make the case look interesting. After some searching across various ways to have the Raspberry Pi spew out some cool graphics, I ended up using https://github.com/yaronn/blessed-contrib and basically changed the labels and descriptors of the demo page to get this nifty dashboard:
It's interactive and animated, and looks really cool with all the moving parts!

I couldn't leave it at that, and worked with ChatGPT to create a bona-fide user manual for the case, along with explanations of all the things you can see on the dashboard. I'll try and attach this manual to this topic, or link to it somehow (let me know if you know how).

I also managed to get a really good deal on some Doctor Collector Employee Welcome Kits, and I repurposed the kit's metal badges for the badge on the lid of the case. I used an embossing label clamp to add the name of the case to it.

I am really happy with the results. I still need to find the right cable that goes into the case, as it will allow all LEDs to light up, but for now the computer itself works and can run a variety of things. Not in the least a really cool dashboard.
Thanks for all the comments!
Since the movie prop is kinda built as a "Setup, run away!" kind of deal, the plates holding all the greeblies are just pressure fit in the case. No way that would hold up at a convention. I installed some of those closet magnets in the top lid today to keep the plate flush and prevents it from falling down. I also VHB-taped some velcro to the back of the screen, but I'll wait a bit before I pull the screen off to see if the tape stuck to the back of the lid. I also found out the prop used Neutric connectors to power the LEDs and such, so we're still on-brand!

https://i.imgur.com/cMwtW9y.jpg Where do th[…]

Ecto Containment Unit

Hey sorry I never saw this…it’s just […]

Greetings from Montana

Hey and welcome

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]