Post pics of work in progress or to your fan art here on Ghostbusters Fans.
By Fritz
Next up--Patty Tolan. I know Leslie Jones' outsize personality rubs some people the wrong way, but I laughed my butt off watching her browbeat Kylo Ren in an SNL skit a few months ago. I found trying to convey a bit of that personality in the picture a fun challenge. Maybe the power of Patty compelled me.

http://ectozone.deviantart.com/art/Patt ... -606410354
By Fritz
Man, it's darn funny how much my Deviantart activity feed has blown up since I started posting these--for all the complaints about the new movie, it sure seems to get people's attention quicker than most of the other stuff I've been posting the last few years.

...Though I wonder what it says that I didn't get as much reaction from Patty as I did Abby and Erin...

The final member of the 2016 Ghostbusters, and the one I admit I had the easiest time drawing--Kat McKinnon's character has the sort of crazy anime hair that I tend to do well with.

http://ectozone.deviantart.com/art/Dr-J ... -606644053
By Kingpin
I'd suggest the DIY suit, as we might not actually see him in full gear in the film, and so far it's sorta his most iconic look thanks to the trailers and most of the photos of him so far.
By HauntedWallflower
Definitely the DIY. And since we don't know his surname, maybe put a question mark (Or 4) on the name tag.
By Fritz
HauntedWallflower wrote:Definitely the DIY. And since we don't know his surname, maybe put a question mark (Or 4) on the name tag.
Well, the DIY suit just has a piece of masking tape with "Kevin" written on it.

As for his last name
mirmichaelt wrote:Totally missed it but in one of set videos, I forget -- the ET one I think -- there's a shot of Kevin holding up his headshots and it revealed his last name: Kevin Beckman.

https://twitter.com/PositivelyGB/status ... 5626640386
By Fritz
http://ectozone.deviantart.com/art/Ghos ... -607639906

And here's all four of the 2016 Ghostbusters together in one picture.

Longtime followers of my Deviantart know I sometimes experiment with recolors--I've got one slight recolor/alteration of the whole team on the way, and one other one I'm contemplating--I just need to figure out which recolor scheme is gonna go with which character--except Patty. That one's easy for a couple of reasons. (I wonder if I'm being too blatant or too cryptic about what I'm meaning...)
By Fritz
Kingpin wrote:I suspect I've already guessed what you're planning (that's you all over, keeping it real).
Well, I guess "cryptic" or "blatantly obvious" depends on how well you know me. :lol:

So what if the Ghostbusters of the new reboot looked slightly more classic? I thought the actual 2016 look was just fine, but I have to play every now and then.

http://ectozone.deviantart.com/art/Ghos ... -607830067

It's the same profile pictures I've been posting the last couple weeks; it's slightly more than a recolor of those, as I plugged in the classic proton packs and adjusted the nametags (where applicable). The shin guards are still there, but without the reflective stripe the dark color obscures the details and makes it easy to imagine they're just work boots.
By Fritz
So I had that recolor of the GB2016 cast that had them in uniforms looking closer to the ones in the 1984 and 1989 movies, right? Did anyone who knows me think I'd leave it at that, and not try something a little more colorful?

http://ectozone.deviantart.com/art/Ghos ... -608236210

Really, the big question became "Which colors with with Ghostbuster"? Patty was easiest--like Winston, she's the tough, "street wise" member of the team. The others were a little rougher...I could find ways to justify just about any combination of Abby, Erin, and Holtzmann in Ray, Egon, and Venkman's colors. So here's what I went with:

Abby is the committed believer. So, Ray's uniform, the one closest to the (original) movie standard. (As McCarthy is seen as the "star" of the movie, I could have easily justified using Venkman instead)

Erin is Abby's old friend but something of a skeptic at first. I went with Venkman (though as the physics genius Egon could have worked just as well).

Jillian Holtzmann looks too much like Egon to not get his colors, though as the enthusiastic tinkerer I could have easily justified Ray's as well.

I may try recoloring the more accurate 2016 uniforms, but I'm not sure how well the colors would work with all that orange reflective striping. If I do like the results, expect another variant I guess :lol:
By Kingpin
Hah!

And somehow, Louis's awful jumpsuit actually works on him. It'd work with his character if he were actually colourblind. :P
By Fritz
(Blows dust off old thread)

Due to having Separated At Rebirth now hosted at the Ectozone, I did some updates to the Anti-Ghostbusters page.

Now you can see the Ghost Clones as they would have appeared in the 2003 story, having been created from a set of old 1991 flight suits. (As Rover once suggested, they could have come from the 1991 episode "Not Now, Slimer", which matches the time period whether Ben did that on purpose or not). Sure, yeah, they're just another bunch of crummy recolors, but it's something.

Also, I've been putting up "covers" to my stories fairly regularly at Deviantart; the two pictures for "Picture Imperfect" were two of the best ones I've done, I think.
Kingpin liked this
By Fritz
Kingpin wrote: August 9th, 2021, 5:37 pm Love it! :)

Just noticed that both Ghost Clone Rays have the same style of Proton Pack.
The picture of "Citizen Ghost" Ray is actually new (well, a new recolor) so I did the pack in the same lighter dark grey shade I've been using lately to stand out against the black background. I keep thinking about going back and recoloring just about all of the older pictures with the slightly lighter shade, but that would take a lot of work. (The previous pictures still on the server here)

The main reason I redid it is that the older picture had Ray with his ecto-visor and work gloves, and he didn't in "Citizen Ghost".

Thanks for the comment!
By Kingpin
Ah, sorry... I meant the other 1st gen clone images all had the blue Proton Pack, Ray's 1st gen however has the grey Pack.
By Fritz
So I decided to have some fun with my small-p photoshop program (TheGimp)

So first, I took the promo pictures of the new Fright Features figures of the original Ghostbusters, and did what Hasbro didn't--colored in their elbow pads and t-shirts.

If you have any familiarity with my web site, you can guess what I tried next:

So then I took the promo picture of the Afterlife Fright Features figures. I didn't have to fix their elbow pads and t-shirts because, er, for THOSE Hasbro painted them in.

But imagine a slightly different universe...say the one in the picture two paragraphs before this one:

Version 1
Phoebe is the only one that *had* to be those colors, because there's a "Spengler" nametag on it. I kinda went with the obvious for Lucky; Trevor we gather is mechanically inclined, and Podcast is the relatively media-savvy one, so this set reflects that.

Version 2
Or maybe since Trevor is played by the "big name" of the GB:A kids, and Podcast is the enthusiastic believer, this way maybe?

Then of course one other idea...
Version 3.
We know they find the flight suits in Egon's house...what if they're all wearing former Spengler flight suits?

Just a little bit of something I did to amuse myself, and stretch myself with the photoshop program.
:)
Kingpin, Borzou liked this
By Kingpin
You going to take a stab at rendering the Summerville team in your trademark style, Fritz? Would definitely be interested to see your interpretation of the Afterlife cast. :)
By Fritz
"Soon" is now "now"

We start with Trevor, the older of Callie's two children--he was born in February 2006, is a bit of a gearhead (he gets the ECTO-1 going again with some help from the ghost of his grandfather, a guy named Egon), and is played in the movie by Finn Wolfhard of Stranger Things.

I suck at drawing real people, but this didn't come out too bad. I actually put in a small stylistic touch or two that I also use when drawing Egon (even though my depictions of Egon are more RGB based, and Trevor doesn't fit into the Ectozone universe because that Egon doesn't have kids until 1999).

https://www.deviantart.com/ectozone/art ... -906519263
Kingpin liked this
By Fritz
Lucky Domingo is the daughter of the Sheriff of Summerville, Oklahoma, and her family's lived in the town for four generations. Trevor is immediately smitten with her. She eventually realizes that Trevor's sister Phoebe isn't nuts, and helps out against the impending supernatural catastrophe--and ends up briefly possessed in the process. She's played in the movie by Celeste O'Connor.

https://www.deviantart.com/ectozone/art ... -906607804
Kingpin liked this
By Fritz
So next up is the strange young man known only as "Podcast" because, well, he runs a podcast, "Mystical Tales of the Unknown Universe". It's devoted to conspiracy theories and other weird things like, um, ghosts, so he becomes invaluable to understanding what's going on during the unfolding events of Ghostbusters: Afterlife. And at the end of the movie the identity of his one subscriber is revealed--an occult book store owner named Ray Stantz. He's portrayed in the movie by young actor Logan Kim (one of the only people who knows the character's real name--it wasn't revealed in the movie).

I'm not totally happy with this one...I keep feeling like I made him look too much like RGB Ray...but it'll do for now.

https://www.deviantart.com/ectozone/art ... -906709248
Kingpin liked this

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]