Ain't NASA-sarily So
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|"Ain't NASA-sarily So"|
|Real Ghostbusters episode|
|Original air date||November 17, 1987|
|Real Ghostbusters: Season 2|
Real Ghostbusters: Episode Guide
The crew of a space platform calls the Ghostbusters for assistance in ridding them of a ghost - a crew that oddly resembles that of another spacecraft on a five-year mission!
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2012)|
- Ray wishes he'd have taken swimming lessons rather than clarinet lessons.
- The astronaut characters were parodies of Star Trek characters.
- The first (and only) episode of Real Ghostbusters in space, lovingly written by Craig Miller - who was a former Lucasfilm Ltd. marketing director and publicist for some of the largest theatrical film releases of the 1980s.
- Ray refers to the proton guns as Ion rifles.
- A reference to Collect calls is made.
- Mr. Spock from Star Trek is the pointy-eared science officer Egon reminds the crew of. The character of Egon was described as a "new wave Mr Spock" in the Ghostbusters movie script.
- Captain: Captain's log; Friday 13th of June...
- Peter: No company with a government contract ever knows what it's doing.
- Winston: What if the stuff doesn't work?
- Peter: If it doesn't work, you just charge more and do it again.
- Peter: Don't be ridiculous Winston. These people are astronauts. Space explorers. They've been out exploring strange new worlds. Seeking new life and new civilizations.
- Lt. Iraqua: Actually, this is only our second day.
- Winston: A ghost hungry for power?
- Peter: Maybe it used to be a politician.
- Ray: So it must of found a more interesting source of energy. Something it likes better. Something that will make it grow faster.
- Peter: Like Wonder Bread?
- Ray: I wish I had taken those swimming lessons instead of clarinet.