|Real Ghostbusters episode|
|Written by||Tony Marino|
|Original air date||September 17, 1988|
|Real Ghostbusters: Season 4|
Real Ghostbusters: Episode Guide
Egon, Ray, and Peter get sucked into a tornado that takes them to an alternate universe where ghosts trap humans and put them into a containment unit! Their proton packs are rendered useless since in this world instead of firing energy streams they fire streams of ghosts which the Peoplebusters eat happily before attacking with their own slime firing packs.
The Ghostbusters run through a ghostly version of New York called "Boo York", which is nicknamed "The Big Pumpkin" instead of "The Big Apple". They try to flee the Peoplebusters, scaring the ghostly inhabitants until one by one they are eventually caught and put into the Peoplebusters' own Containment Unit.
As it turns out this isn't such a bad thing, just as their own Containment Unit has a horror dimension fit for the ghosts, demons, goblins, and ghouls imprisoned within it, the inside of the Peoplebusters' Containment Unit is a beautiful Earth-like environment just right for humans and living creatures. The Ghostbusters realize that this place is where the dimensions are weakest and, along with all the other humans that have been captured by the Peoplebusters, are able to escape just as their ghostly counterparts try to stop them.
- A Ghostbusters kite is seen at the beginning of the episode.
- The nickname for Boo York, "The Big Pumpkin" is a parody of New York's nickname, The Big Apple.
- There is a woman in the salon that looks very much like Elvira.
- The Peoplebusters telephone has the keypad numbers reversed.
- Ray alludes to the Ghostbusters having their own TV show.
- One of the missing people towards the end of the episode resembles aviation pioneer, Amelia Earhart, who mysteriously disappeared.
- Each time the episode shows a picture of a human, it's usually Egon Spengler.
- When one of the "moontanners" is putting on some lotion, he starts singing a Peoplebusters theme parody of "Ghostbusters" "When there's something wrong in your neighborhood, who ya gonna call? Peoplebusters!"
- While their proton packs malfunction in Boo York, they function normally against the Peoplebusters inside the containment unit, just before making their escape through the same inter-dimensional tornado-like vortex.
- Peter Venkman: Somebody's sleeping in my bed!
- PB Egon: Better give it up now...
- PB Peter: Cause we ain't afraid of no people!
- Ray Stantz: Hey! We're the good guys! We even got our own TVshow.