The Boogieman Cometh
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|"The Boogieman Cometh"|
|Real Ghostbusters episode|
|Written by||Michael Reaves|
|Original air date||October 18, 1986|
|Real Ghostbusters: Season 1|
Real Ghostbusters: Episode Guide
Two children turn up at the firehouse claiming that the Boogieman is living in their closet, leading the skeptical Ghostbusters on a mission to bedroom closets throughout New York, and finally into the twisted world of the Boogieman himself!
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2012)|
- The title of the episode is likely a reference to the play, The Iceman Cometh.
- The Boogieman visiting Egon as a child was what piqued his interest in the supernatural.
- The Boogieman reappears in The Bogeyman is Back though his name is spelled differently.
- Peter sudden changes from pajamas to uniform after Egon suggest they investigate.
- In an animation error, two Peters get out of Ecto-1 at the Carters house.
- When Egon slams down his fist when talking about the Boogieman, the audio is slightly out of sync.
- Peter says "See you on the other side, Egon!", exactly what he says to Ray in a climactic moment in the first Ghostbusters movie"
- Before jumping into the portal to the Boogieman's realm, Egon shouts "KHAN!", Captain Kirk's famous line in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.
- This episode was done is a series of View Master reels, a popular toy in the 80's.
- The song used in this episode is The Boogieman by Tahiti.
- Ray references crossing the streams.
- Peter Venkman: Watch out for that hot dog cart Winston. Don't hit that newstand!
- Winston Zeddemore: Ray, we should've put another wheel in the back seat for him.
- Louey the ghost: You'll never take me alive coppers!
- Egon Spengler: Of course not, you're a ghost!
- Louey the Ghost: Oh yeah. I keep forgetting!
- Peter Venkman: Another ghost, another dollar.
- Winston Zeddemore: Boy I'm exhausted.
- Peter Venkman: Yeah, I don't know about you guys, but I'm gonna sleep like the dead.
- Egon Spengler: Possibily not the most appropriate metaphor Peter, considering our line of work.
- Winston Zeddemore: Remember, as long as you're not afraid, he can't hurt you.
- Ray Stantz: Hmph! I want a glass of water.
- Peter Venkman: (Hands Ray a glass of water) Here, now go to sleep!
- Ray Stantz: Peeteerr.
- Peter Venkman: What?!
- Ray Stantz: Tell me a story.
- Winston Zeddemore: He's just getting into the role.
- Peter Venkman: He's gonna be in a bodycast if he keeps this up! (Looks over at Ray and starts telling a story) Once upon a time there were four Ghostbusters who had a job to do, only they couldn't do it 'cause one of them wouldn't go to sleep! THE END!!! (Slams door)
- Ray Stantz: Thppt!!
- Egon Spengler: Go! I'll hold him off!
- Peter Venkman: Oh Yeah? You and what Starfleet?