Xmas Marks the Spot
|"Xmas Marks the Spot"|
|Real Ghostbusters episode|
|Written by||J. Michael Straczynski|
|Original air date||December 13, 1986|
|Real Ghostbusters: Season 1|
Real Ghostbusters: Episode Guide
During a snowstorm, the guys enter a time slip where they unknowingly bust the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future before Scrooge learns his lesson thus changing history. Egon must enter the containment unit to return the ghosts and make things right while the three other Ghostbusters pose as the ghosts themselves! Can Christmas be saved?
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2012)|
- The characters in this episode of course come from Charles Dickens' classic, A Christmas Carol.
- The title of this episode is a parody of the phrase, X Marks The Spot, in this case X-Mas meaning Christmas.
- The suit Egon wears to enter the containment unit is remarkably similar to the Kenner Super Fright Feature Egon toy, save for the helmet and color scheme.
- Peter gives Ebenezer Scrooge a "View-Master", a popular childrens toy especially in the 1980's.
- Several first season ghosts appear inside the containment unit, including Samhaine from When Halloween Was Forever, the ghost family from Ghosts-R-Us and the head ghost from Slimer-Come-Home.
- Peter Venkman: Doesn't bother me. Christmas is just another day.
- Peter Venkman: You were suppose to learn that just because you had a rotten past that's no reason to blame Christmas. Lots of us had Christmases that weren't the best, but if you give up, you just end up denying yourself what your so mad about never having had before.
- I think maybe that's a lesson we can all stand to learn.
- Winston: "That's the last time we take a job from upstate New York"
- Egon: "Specially what our client will say after what happened."
- Ray: "It's not my fault, i told her to keep her cat out of the way, it's not like the fur won't grow back or anything."
- Peter: Your pulse seems normal, sure you haven't hit your head?
- Egon: This is going to be very difficult Janine, i'll need your help.
- Janine: OK Egon, so you know as long as i am doing this for you and not this chr-chr-chr-
- Egon: Christmas
- Janine: Bah Humbug
- Egon: Christmas
- Janine: Humbug!
- Egon: Facsicating