Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Davideverona
https://thegww.com/exclusive-dan-aykroy ... bieland-2/

Well, that's something you don't see every day!

Fleischer proposed himself for Ghostbusters Alive Again, but he was relatively new in the game.

NOW:

Fleischer has the success of Venom on his shoulder, he's making another horror / comedy WITH two of the remaining Ghostbusters.
They're still prepping a Ghostbusters 3.

Do you think it's possible that will se him on board?
Alphagaia, philmorgan81, Sav C and 1 others liked this
By philmorgan81
I think Fleischer is a great candidate to helm a new Ghostbusters film. I think Fleischer would actually cooperate with Ivan Reitman as opposed to one artist's view clashing with the other. I think they would make a great team. He also seems to be a big fan of the Ghostbusters Franchise. As seen with Bill Murray's cameo in the original Zombieland. I find it funny that both Dan an Bill will be appearing in the Zombieland sequel. Fleischer has also made Sony a lot of money with past successes so it seems the studio would be behind his involvement. Also Bill Murray seems to enjoy working with him since he is returning to a franchise he was already killed off in. He will probably be playing Zombie this time around. ;). If Fleischer is involved that could get Bill Murray on board.

I think those are good odds if Fleischer is still interested. Well we can hope. :):):)
By timeware
If they are going the route of a real sequel they will probably ignore ATC or include minor references. The one thing I would like to see are the video game upgrades to the proton packs, or proton packs mark III that look like they were were 3d printed but can still be built with house hold items.

As for the zombie Bill maybe. I do think they could get away with doing something like the long, long, etc. goodbye where Bill is a ghost and helps throughout the film unseen showing himself when it's time to face whatever big bad at the end of the movie. They could probably do that with Harold but I'm thinking they might not get permission. Seeing Bill pull pranks around the fire house as a ghost would be fun.

I did finally see Venom. It was awesome!
By philmorgan81
Yeah Venom surprised the heck out of me too. I really didn't think that character would work without a direct link to Spiderman. I really think that they could make a direct sequel to the original Ghostbusters films and still have "Fun Nods" To the ATC film that can work. Again total pipe dream hear, I would love to see a scene where the Ghostbusters are in a lab working on new ghost busting equipment and maybe seeing The Ghost Chipper and other ATC equipment just sitting on the lab tables. Or heck even have the Proton Pack from the Video Game on display somewhere. Like little Easter Eggs in the film. Sorry I think I have been reading the comics for too long. ;)

I mean I think these kind of things could still work in a film. There were a whole bunch of Easter Eggs in the new Predator film. There were some Props from AVP that were on display and even a deleted scene where there was going to be a person with a face hugger inspired breathing apparatus in some kind of stasis pod with the name Ripley on their uniform. It really made no sense in the overall film which is probably why it was cut, but it was interesting to see screen shots of it. :)

Whatever the new live action Ghostbusters film is it will never live up to my expectations, but all I hope for is a film that is a great companion piece to the 2 original films and the 2009 video game. A genuine reunion of surviving original cast members would just be the cherry on top. In the end I think that is all any of us can hope for. :):):)
Last edited by philmorgan81 on January 2nd, 2019, 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
By mrmichaelt
I agree about Fleischer and I said as much last month. I think he'll be in a good position to be a front runner to direct the next Ghostbusters with the success of Venom for Sony and the impending release of Zombieland 2 and maybe Venom 2.

As for nods, I would be fine with something as subtle as a shot of the Keys to the City displayed above Peter's office like in The Video Game but a with a few more, like one for 1991.
By timeware
An easter egg they could throw in and this was from another RGB episode would be a dart board with the mayors face on it in Peter's office to show their love/hate relationship.
By Kingpin
timeware wrote: December 31st, 2018, 5:56 pm An easter egg they could throw in and this was from another RGB episode would be a dart board with the mayors face on it in Peter's office to show their love/hate relationship.
Eh, that's not really a easter egg. Some equipment from other iterations of the franchise, yeah, that's an easter egg. A dart board with the mayor's face isn't really a reference.

It would be, if it had a CG recreation of Officer Frump. :)
By Kingpin
Sav C wrote: August 19th, 2019, 7:23 pm Hey, should this thread be moved to the 2020 forum or no?
I'm not entirely inclined to do so, seeing as for most of it's length it isn't about the new movie itself, but the general third movie concept... If that makes sense?
Sav C liked this

Just seen this thread add me JudgeGerry to London

Proton Props UK

I would like to apologise to everyone for the dela[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

How feasible would it be for Hasbro to release &[…]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack? I[…]