By tobycj
It depends if you're doing a GB1, GB2 or Afterlife/FE pedal.

The GB1 pedal went to either end of a resistor under the vector plate. The GB2 pedal just seems to stuff under the vector plate somewhere (maybe just into holes drilled in the wooden base?). Not too sure about the Afterlife/FE pedal, as there is very little reference material for that.
By sremick
tobycj wrote: March 25th, 2024, 3:50 am It depends if you're doing a GB1, GB2 or Afterlife/FE pedal.

The GB1 pedal went to either end of a resistor under the vector plate.
I'm going for GB1. Do you know what the resistor was?
By tobycj
sremick wrote: March 25th, 2024, 7:06 am
tobycj wrote: March 25th, 2024, 3:50 am It depends if you're doing a GB1, GB2 or Afterlife/FE pedal.

The GB1 pedal went to either end of a resistor under the vector plate.
I'm going for GB1. Do you know what the resistor was?
It looks like it was probably either a Sage M25W, or a Pacific.

If you're doing a GB1 pedal make sure you're using the right d-sub/IDC connector on the front of the Hammond boxes, people often do an amalgam of the two. The ITT relay was attached direct to the Hammond box too. There's some decent ref pics in The Ghostbusters Reference Library, and look up mburkit's pedal build thread in this forum too.
By sremick
tobycj wrote: March 26th, 2024, 3:39 am If you're doing a GB1 pedal make sure you're using the right d-sub/IDC connector on the front of the Hammond boxes, people often do an amalgam of the two.
I'm not clear what you're saying here. GBFans shop has been out of stock for a long time. Here's the one on eBay I'm looking at:

By tobycj
That's not right for a GB1 pedal build, so you have fallen right into that trap, that is the GB2 one! :) That side should be an AMPHENOL D Sub Backshell, part number 863093C09ALF. They're cheap to pick up, as they are still made.
By sremick
tobycj wrote: March 26th, 2024, 8:15 am That's not right for a GB1 pedal build, so you have fallen right into that trap, that is the GB2 one! :) That side should be an AMPHENOL D Sub Backshell, part number 863093C09ALF. They're cheap to pick up, as they are still made.
Thank you for clearing that up. I found it available on Digikey Mouser with shipping for basically what I was willing to pay for the wrong part on eBay (if only I had asked earlier... I could've combined with my other Digikey Mouser order :( )
Last edited by sremick on March 26th, 2024, 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tobycj liked this
By tobycj
sremick wrote: March 26th, 2024, 8:43 am
tobycj wrote: March 26th, 2024, 8:15 am That's not right for a GB1 pedal build, so you have fallen right into that trap, that is the GB2 one! :) That side should be an AMPHENOL D Sub Backshell, part number 863093C09ALF. They're cheap to pick up, as they are still made.
Thank you for clearing that up. I found it available on Digikey with shipping for basically what I was willing to pay for the wrong part on eBay (if only I had asked earlier... I could've combined with my other Digikey order :( )
I think I either got it from Farnell or RS Components when I bought it.
By sremick
tobycj wrote: March 26th, 2024, 12:27 pm I think I either got it from Farnell or RS Components when I bought it.
Actually I meant Mouser earlier, not Digikey. :) I prefer Mouser because they have a $4.99 shipping option which makes them cheaper than everyone else.
tobycj liked this
    Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]