By c.fago
Said by a master of perfectionism like you, it is a very great compliment. Thanks again to everybody for appreciation. :)

I'm now into electronics matter. I have to apologize with Crix for having bothered him with so many stupid questions without seeing all that I need already was in his thread...
m_petersen liked this
By julz
Hey fago.

Just following along behind you....I tried that soldering technique that cris was talking about...

It works really well and it's quite easy.. you just need to buy yourself a few things...

a cheap mini soldering torch like the one plummers use. Mine was about $50 dollars...
some metal solder (for bonding metals) ( not the kind for electronics)
some flux
oh and the gas for your torch ;)

All these things were in the plumbing DIY section at my local store, they had many different types of solder and it was fairly easy to find the right sort. It cost me about $100 for the whole set up...but to be honest I think id use it all the time now :)

Cheers

JUlz
By c.fago
Very interesting, but I have to pass for now because my budget is exausted and I don't need it further for the gun, at least until the epoxy gluing will last (the piece survived to many intensive stress tests). Anyway a mini soldering torch was added to my wish list, along with a manual lathe machine...
By c.fago
Vincenzo330 wrote:Unfortunately I don't have any pictures from better angles, but I've seen the hero thrower in person and I can confirm that they are indeed rivets that hold the rear grip on. If only this picture had been taken from just a little higher :(

But you did it! Looking at your pictures very carefully I found this one:

Here is the enhanced detail:
By julz
Awesome man!

I'm following along beside you and i'm not too far away. I basically had the same idea for the dpdt switch so I'll post mine soon and show you how I did mine...

fantastic job!
I have a question-

It seems you'll be using the Jupiter wand light kit, as you posted here:

My question is-- Does the tip extension linkage lever on "retracted" position clear the big diagonal board of the thrower kit that sticks out from the bargraph inside the gunbox? This is something I could see being a real issue. I've actually secretly wished that if Christian ever does a V.2 of his thrower kit, that he has the bargraph on a ribbon cable or something, so there's not this whole board sticking in the way.
By c.fago
FossilizedArt wrote:I have a question-

It seems you'll be using the Jupiter wand light kit, as you posted here:

My question is-- Does the tip extension linkage lever on "retracted" position clear the big diagonal board of the thrower kit that sticks out from the bargraph inside the gunbox? This is something I could see being a real issue. I've actually secretly wished that if Christian ever does a V.2 of his thrower kit, that he has the bargraph on a ribbon cable or something, so there's not this whole board sticking in the way.
Yes, it is the Jupiter light kit, but I will use it only for the indicators and the bargraph, as I replaced the grill vent light with a 2,5v incandescent lamp and the barrel flickering led with a 15 leds lamp drived by a flashing circuit both running at 12v.

I built the barrel extension mechanism after installing the kit, so there is no way that the board can interfere with the linkage, although at some points they are just a few millimeters away. I also grinded some corners of the board for a better fit.

Anyway I would have preferred a ribbon cable too. Actually I would have preferred an Exoray's kit.
Wow... O_o........ This makes me want to build a new Thrower
By c.fago
Kingpin wrote:
c.fago wrote:Actually I would have preferred an Exoray's kit.
You'd have had a lot less room with Exoray's kit in there.
You're right about his standard kit, but - just before Exoray had problems - I was going to buy the "deluxe in pack version" of his kit with almost all the electronics placed outside the wand. Also, it features an integrated sound board that would have saved me a lot of time, work and troubles.

Anyway I think I'll be proud of the end result of my efforts...
c.fago wrote:and the barrel flickering led with a 15 leds lamp drived by a flashing circuit both running at 12v.
15 LED's in the barrel? I WANNA SEE PICS OF THAT SHIT. :cool:

c.fago wrote:I was going to buy the "deluxe in pack version" of his kit with almost all the electronics placed outside the wand. Also, it features an integrated sound board that would have saved me a lot of time, work and troubles.
Whoa, whoa, are you saying that once upon a time, there actually WAS a single kit with light and sound all on one board? (Sorry to momentarily hijack the thread, this is just kind of something I've been saying needs to happen for a long time, rather than needing 4 or 5 modules)
By c.fago
I'll post some pics of the barrel lamp soon.

About Exoray's kit, actually I don't know if it features just one or two separate boards for light and sound, as it is irrelevant since they are external (and in the pack there is so much room). For integrated I mean they are built to work togheter, coming prewired and ready to install, without having to replace the switches.
By c.fago
Sorry to disappoint you, I was misunderstood.

I haven't put 15 LEDs into the barrel, I have put just one lamp with 15 LEDs. It's far different of course. I wanted to replicate the brightness of the original prop, without any rainbow stream effect, only powerful white flickering light, as well to compensate for the lack of a functional flashbulb, as mine will have only aesthetical purposes. The led in the Jupiter kit was too weak, outdoor under indirect sunlight or in a well-lit room it was barely visible.

This is the type of LED lamp I used:

Once installed in my barrel assembly:

Light on:

I can assure you that live is awesome. It's so bright that it looks like there's a big continuous spark, almost a blaze, inside the barrel.
By Skully
c.fago wrote:It's a 12v lamp, so you cannot use the Jupiter kit to drive this. I used a 12v RGB LEDs strip controller to get the flashing effect. It also means that you need a 3pdt push button switch to activate the barrel light, the bargraph display and the stream sound at the same time.
Hate to be a copy cat but that barrel flash is amazing. You are an innovator in every sense. Im at home now working with a top mount external flash from my old nikkon ,but i think what you did is easier ,can I get to to give up the bulb model no and flasher circuit your using, where they came from . And good job you did.sir.

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]

Cool, should work fine for you. Let me know how it[…]