By Kredal
Hey everyone, so over the last really long time, I've been working on making my own Ectomobile out of my MINI Countryman. I'm at the point where it's ok for public consumption, but it's by no means done! So here are a couple pictures for you...

I know there are still lots of things missing, and I hope to have most of them made soon. (:
kahuna900 liked this
By Borzou
It looks pretty awesome. I would have opted for either a single blue rotating light or a smaller roof rack to accommodate the light bars better.
Ketchum liked this
By Eric R. Price
Very nice. I just "finished" mine this past weekend so I could take it to my local mini dealership for their annual Halloween party. I took first place, so not too bad. Still much to do though.

By Eric R. Price
Nice ride. I too just dressed mine up for the holidays, with a little help from my six year old. Not perfect, but managed first place at our local dealership's Halloween Mini costume contest, so we're off to a good start.

By smanchir

Figure I'll toss in my MINI too, she's a Clubman so she's got a bit of the 'station wagon' frame. I'd gotten some compliments on the Ice Blue color even though it's not the standard Ecto-hue.

Won a MINI dealer's costume contest last year with tupperware/strobe flashers on the front and an all-PVC frame; this year made it a bit sturdier with a metal luggage-rack frame and 'real' lights off a snowplow/tow truck. The lights are mounted to the front of the luggage rails using a metal frame, then held down with pizza-sign magnets.

And of course, a new license plate.

(Last year)
By smanchir
Ha, didn't even realize my car was the rare variant color. Extra collectible! Or something.
By Kingpin
Tater_r0ckz wrote: April 9th, 2024, 1:51 pm hello, I was wondering where did you get your red stripes? I can't find them anywhere.
Kredal probably had them custom-made.

Unfortunately, Kredal hasn't logged in since October 2016, so you may not get an answer to your question.
By Kredal
Oh hey, I got a notification for Kingpin’s reply. So yeah, I custom cut the stripes on my Silhouette (probably Cameo 2, given the age, but whatever). I had to cheat the rear lights, since I had no idea how to do the compound curves, so just made it look “decent” in the software and heat-gunned and cut around the lights to fit.
By Tater_r0ckz
thank you for the quick reply. I have sent you a PM about a few points about your mini, thank you so much!!

We're working to replicate this shirt and have[…]

A lot of sellers on eBay will cut to size fo[…]

So funny. Had a long chat with one of my best frie[…]

Sorry I wasn't around to help this weekend. Things[…]