Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By Sav C
mrmichaelt wrote: June 4th, 2019, 3:09 am
Alphagaia wrote: June 3rd, 2019, 11:53 pm What if they don't even use the name Ghostbusters at all? That would be a ballsy move. Doubt it, though.
I think that's one of many choices that won't end well for Dark Phoenix.
For what what?
savintheday wrote:From Jason's twitter:

"Working on a little surprise for this Saturday’s Ghostbusters Fan Fest. See you on the lot. #GB84"

<a class="vglnk" href="https://mobile.twitter.com/JasonReitman ... 8217710592" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>mobile</span><span>.</span><span>twitter</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>JasonReitman</span><span>/</span><span>status</span><span>/</span><span>1135967968217710592</span></a>
"I could use a tall, cold one right now... It's all taken care of." :-D

Edit: Spelling.
Last edited by Sav C on June 4th, 2019, 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By robbritton
savintheday wrote: June 4th, 2019, 12:01 pm From Jason's twitter:

"Working on a little surprise for this Saturday’s Ghostbusters Fan Fest. See you on the lot. #GB84"

https://mobile.twitter.com/JasonReitman ... 8217710592
I have a strong, psychic belief based on this tweet, that the new Ecto will turn up on the lot for the weekend. It's an idiotic belief, cos it's off on location somewhere, but it's a belief nonetheless.
By Slimered
Alphagaia wrote: June 3rd, 2019, 11:53 pm What if they don't even use the name Ghostbusters at all? That would be a ballsy move. Doubt it, though.

Also, currently rewatching Monster House with the missus. The animation hasn't aged well, but the house itself is still well done.
If you called it something other than Ghostbusters you wouldn't have the brand appeal. When studios have a hard job pushing original ideas because of the lack of a franchise connection, I don't see them giving themselves the same issue with something that is part of a franchise by not putting 'Ghostbusters' in the title somewhere.
Sav C, robbritton liked this
By Sav C
robbritton wrote: June 4th, 2019, 1:32 pm

I have a strong, psychic belief based on this tweet, that the new Ecto will turn up on the lot for the weekend. It's an idiotic belief, cos it's off on location somewhere, but it's a belief nonetheless.
That would be great if it pans out!

I have a new prediction for the movie: there is a passing reference to an incident that was averted, by the Ghostbusters, on February 14, 2016. Valentines Day.
By mrmichaelt
Another report the Calgary filming is July 14 to October 7.
https://thegww.com/exclusive-jason-reit ... n-calgary/
Sav C wrote: June 4th, 2019, 12:40 pm For what what?
The next X-Men movie coming out, this week, jettisoned "X-Men" from the title and is just "Dark Phoenix" and for a couple weeks already predicted to have the lowest turn out at the box office, and now reports of critics leaving the theater during screenings before the third act.
Sav C, deadderek liked this
By Doctor Venkman
Slimered wrote: June 4th, 2019, 4:16 pm

If that's not confirmation of the original Ghostbusters, I don't know what is.
Actual confirmation. That’s what would be confirmation.

He even hashtagged it with GB84.

I’m not saying the originals won’t be in it, I think they will. But calling this confirmation is a major stretch.
By Kingpin
Slimered wrote: June 4th, 2019, 4:16 pmIf that's not confirmation of the original Ghostbusters, I don't know what is.

Image: STOP THAT!
Look, I know you're extremely keen to have a confirmation of the original cast's involvement, but howabout we actually wait for an actual confirmation from Reitman rather than assuming everything and anything is somehow a confirmation that Dan, Ernie and Bill are all on board?

The tweeted alternate take is proof Jason's been given some sort of access to the archived materials, he may be editing together a brief collection of never-seen-before material of the original movie for Fan Fest in the build up to production shooting next month.
deadderek, Sav C, Alphagaia and 2 others liked this
By deadderek

I have a new prediction for the movie: there is a passing reference to an incident that was averted, by the Ghostbusters, on February 14, 2016. Valentines Day.
What if the reference is how Egon sacrificed himself to save the world?

Just speculation but that would be a way to explain his absence.
Last edited by Kingpin on June 5th, 2019, 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed quote code
Sav C, *NormalGamer* liked this
By Sav C
deadderek wrote: June 4th, 2019, 8:09 pm

What if the reference is how Egon sacrificed himself to save the world?

Just speculation but that would be a way to explain his absence.
Wow, that would be a deep reference, and it would work.
Last edited by Kingpin on June 5th, 2019, 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed quote code
By back
Kingpin wrote: June 4th, 2019, 6:03 pm
Slimered wrote: June 4th, 2019, 4:16 pmIf that's not confirmation of the original Ghostbusters, I don't know what is.

Image: STOP THAT!
LMAO... Every time I see someone screwing with their Smartphone I just wanna do that! LOL
deadderek, Sav C liked this
By Alphagaia
Slimered wrote: June 4th, 2019, 4:16 pm

If that's not confirmation of the original Ghostbusters, I don't know what is.
I think it has been clearly established multiple times already you really don't know what is (confirmation), but I have to say, I admire your enthusiasm.
By Kingpin
Slimered wrote: June 5th, 2019, 4:17 pm100% convinced this is to fit in with Bill Murray's schedule.
Motion picture productions usually have more than one film crew recording material, Answer The Call went to the effort of assembling two Ecto-1s in order to get twice the number of "driving" shots during the days spent in New York. I'm certain the production didn't hold things up just to accomodate Bill Murray.
By back
Sav C wrote: June 5th, 2019, 11:38 pm Knowing Bill's habit of spontaneity, I feel like he probably doesn't have too much of a fixed schedule.
OR an Agent, Manager, etc... :sigh: ...Just dont forget what his public reaction was when he found out he WAS Supposed to be cast for Eddie Valiant in Roger Rabbit.
...Yet he answers the phone for Garfield?! :sigh:
Sav C liked this
By Alphagaia
back wrote: June 6th, 2019, 6:16 am
Sav C wrote: June 5th, 2019, 11:38 pm Knowing Bill's habit of spontaneity, I feel like he probably doesn't have too much of a fixed schedule.
OR an Agent, Manager, etc... :sigh: ...Just dont forget what his public reaction was when he found out he WAS Supposed to be cast for Eddie Valiant in Roger Rabbit.
...Yet he answers the phone for Garfield?! :sigh:
With hindsight, it's easy to say he made a mistake with Garfield, but he signed on thinking it was a different writer and liking Garfield.
By Alphagaia
Sav C wrote: June 6th, 2019, 9:21 am I liked both of the Garfield movies!
I remember it being a date movie that did the trick. Never seen it after that, and that particular relationship didn't last until the second one came out.
Sav C liked this
By Sav C
Alphagaia wrote: June 6th, 2019, 9:34 am
I remember it being a date movie that did the trick. Never seen it after that, and that particular relationship didn't last until the second one came out.
The only (double) date I've been on was to a hockey game (ick). Did the trick for my brother, but not for me (and thank god for that)!
By savintheday
Alphagaia wrote: June 6th, 2019, 9:34 am
"I'll take that bitch to see Garfield. Bitches love Garfield." :cool:
Alphagaia liked this

I know you didn’t ask me, but here&rsquo[…]

The Video Game Lifegard

I made one a few years ago using a Lifegard IV and[…]

On one screw when I was drilling out the plug I we[…]

Only downside is they’ll likely be so expens[…]