For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
By mrmichaelt
A developer roundtable was also posted.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfHb2B7FhyU

-There are franchises in various states but no activity for a while until a blip on radar in SF. They accidentally release Ghost Lord who chose SF to raise the first undead city.
-Confirms Chinatown, Alcatraz, and Golden Gate Bridge levels
-At HQ, change up outfits at locker. Shooting gallery.
-Missions have job types like combat, investigation or exploration
-Once Mini Pufts are on you, can't use equipment. Puffer is a ghost that gets angry and explodes. Penny is the clown-faced ghost and is a "healer."
-Talk about eye tracking, immersion, haptics. If a ghost flies through you, you feel a rumble from the headset.

rolandblais wrote: September 14th, 2023, 5:13 pmOof, that price point! but it does include DLC; just noticed that...
Yes, a Full Containment Edition has the game plus "six months of upcoming DLC and bonus content at a discounted price. "
Kingpin liked this
By SpaceBallz
The meta quest 2 is $300, then the game bundle itself so it's all less than $400 if you're looking for the cheaper route.
By mrmichaelt
The various product pages do give a good idea of what's in the Full Containment Edition:
• 4 Equipment Skins
• 10 Additional Playable Avatars
• Slimer Hunt feature & collectible
• Additional Bonus Content!

Nice of Slimer to visit the West Coast. lol.
SpaceBallz liked this
By SpaceBallz
mrmichaelt wrote: September 15th, 2023, 11:35 pm The various product pages do give a good idea of what's in the Full Containment Edition:
• 4 Equipment Skins
• 10 Additional Playable Avatars
• Slimer Hunt feature & collectible
• Additional Bonus Content!

Nice of Slimer to visit the West Coast. lol.
:lol::lol:
mrmichaelt liked this
By timeware
Davideverona wrote: September 16th, 2023, 2:36 am
timeware wrote: September 15th, 2023, 12:40 pmhttps://store.playstation.com/en-us/concept/10007130

Platform ps5, so i'm guessing no.
Well I guess I'm gonna have to buy a console.... 🎶😁
I'm buying myself a ps5 soon but i'm not totally sold on the VR stuff yet. I have been wanting to play the Spider-man games.
ccv66 liked this
By ccv66
Coming from the original Nintendo, each console jump used to be mind blowing and gradually has became less impressive. The PS5 controllers are next Gen, but the games feel the same , just with better frame rates. I've barely played my psvr2, wish they would have ported all the psvr1 games and 3d Blu-ray.

Unless they add some cool pre-order bundles, going to wait for reviews, updates and price drops.

I still don't understand why they haven't milked the Spider-Man engine and reskined a Ghostbusters game, firehouse is already in it.
By timeware
Depends on if they can get the license to use it. The developers may have or may not have even considered lending the engine for use outside of Spider-man. I'm sure Insomniac would love to get the opportunity to develop an true open world GB game but they may not have the rights. That might just be exclusive to Illfonic at the moment.

I'm not well versed in what that process that would entail but I doubt it's a simple copy and paste, then drop the GB's into the city. Even if the fire house is in that city map they would still have to make changes. We might think it's a simple reproduction of New York but your going to have to take out the Marvel properties, and easter eggs Etc...
SpaceBallz, ccv66, Kingpin liked this
By ccv66
Considering Sony owns Spider-Man, Insomniac and Ghostbusters, you think they could just snap their fingers and make it happen, but I'm sure there's a lot of legal hoops to jump through. On top Insomniac already having Spider-Man 2 and Wolverine in the works.

Love to see spirits unleashed in VR
By Kingpin
ccv66 wrote: September 16th, 2023, 4:28 pm Considering Sony owns Spider-Man, Insomniac and Ghostbusters, you think they could just snap their fingers and make it happen
Were it so simple. :)
Something like that would only happen if there was the desire to have it happen, and if there was the cash available to make it happen.
I'm sure that if Sony had been inclined to do so, Ghostbusters: The Video Game could've been comparable in scale and scope to Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, or LEGO Marvel Superheroes, or even the PS5 Spider-Man, with free-roaming through Manhattan, the ability to drive Ecto-1 through the city streets, and lots of random side-quests.

But for obvious and understandable financial reasons... Sony didn't choose to spend that kind of cash on a Ghostbusters game because the existing fandom isn't big enough a source of revenue to justify the sort of cost and development those other games got. Grand Theft Auto, Marvel and Spider-Man are all franchises with substantial fanbases who have proven to be eager and willing sources of revenue... So the studios who own the IPs are happier to take the risk on getting a big game based on the IP made.

We're quite lucky the 2008/9 video game was as good and as substantial as it was, given Sony's likely financial commitment to it back then, and knowing what we know about the content that wasn't able to be finished once they neared the shipping deadline.
ccv66 liked this
By RichardLess
Kingpin wrote: September 16th, 2023, 8:38 pm
ccv66 wrote: September 16th, 2023, 4:28 pm Considering Sony owns Spider-Man, Insomniac and Ghostbusters, you think they could just snap their fingers and make it happen
Were it so simple. :)
Something like that would only happen if there was the desire to have it happen, and if there was the cash available to make it happen.
I'm sure that if Sony had been inclined to do so, Ghostbusters: The Video Game could've been comparable in scale and scope to Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, or LEGO Marvel Superheroes, or even the PS5 Spider-Man, with free-roaming through Manhattan, the ability to drive Ecto-1 through the city streets, and lots of random side-quests.

But for obvious and understandable financial reasons... Sony didn't choose to spend that kind of cash on a Ghostbusters game because the existing fandom isn't big enough a source of revenue to justify the sort of cost and development those other games got. Grand Theft Auto, Marvel and Spider-Man are all franchises with substantial fanbases who have proven to be eager and willing sources of revenue... So the studios who own the IPs are happier to take the risk on getting a big game based on the IP made.

We're quite lucky the 2008/9 video game was as good and as substantial as it was, given Sony's likely financial commitment to it back then, and knowing what we know about the content that wasn't able to be finished once they neared the shipping deadline.
I’ve gotta pipe up here. This comes realllly close to defending the studio for making lesser products because of “understandable” reasons. No. It’s not understandable. Games come out all the time with zero *ZERO* IP awareness but are huge for one reason and one reason only. The company who worked on it. I don’t play video games at all. But even I’ve heard of Starfield. Do you know why that game is huge? Because of the company that worked on it.

You put a brand like Insomiac behind Ghostbusters? That’s EXACTLY the kind of big ticket thinking that this franchise needs. It is not understandable that Sony doesn’t bring everything in its corporate synergy powers to bare on Ghostbusters and the more we excuse and accept the 2nd tier status the further along the tier it will fall.

This is the constant diluting of the brand that I’m talking about. Because of the complete mismanagement of this franchise Ghostbusters has shrunk in its cultural capital. The fact that they had the voice actors back for the 2009 video game and that game wasn’t given the kind of support and major commitment it needed? That game is now infamous for being probably the best “based on a movie IP” video game. Imagine what it could’ve been with more support.

So Ghostbusters cultural capital has shrunk and everytime they release mediocre products it shrinks more and more. How do you make it grow? Investment. Smart release strategies. You put a developer like Insomniac on the game and make people pay attention.

We should be demanding this from Sony. It is NOT understandable in the least.
By SpaceBallz
https://ghostbustersnews.com/2023/09/21 ... -are-here/
The level objectives vary – some are objective-based, such as the boss battle level that was preceded by some objective-based environmental exploration, while others are time-based, requiring you to trap/kill as many ghosts as you can within a set time limit.
...how do you kill something that's already dead? :-?

Kingpin, rolandblais liked this
By mrmichaelt
SpaceBallz wrote: September 21st, 2023, 3:52 pmhttps://ghostbustersnews.com/2023/09/21 ... -are-here/
The level objectives vary – some are objective-based, such as the boss battle level that was preceded by some objective-based environmental exploration, while others are time-based, requiring you to trap/kill as many ghosts as you can within a set time limit.
...how do you kill something that's already dead? :-?
Indicative of just a journalist reviewing a game and not a hardcore Ghostbusters fan that wouldn't dare say the phrase "kill as many ghosts". :P
This is just me but even IF I had the VR gear...the trailer...just doesn't appeal to me. I can manage most of the Spirits Unleashed accessories like the hats, vests and such but I tend to keep my Avatar as close to me looking as possible and the uniforms too. This however seems way out of my interest field more about fortnite looking stuff with a loose GB story. I'm not sure if anything from this will transfer over to a new film if were not even sure that Spirits Unleashed characters or idea will be mentioned and that story DOES have a post Afterlife story and reference. This game may as well however with the look and customization looks of the gear and characters...I don't know that its even something I think I'll want to watch someone play. Have to see I guess
Alphagaia, SpaceBallz liked this
By SpaceBallz
There's also 5 maps that they continuously cycle through with the game objectives, I'm not sure how they can fit a storyline in there with only 5 locations.
By Kingpin
SpaceBallz wrote: September 22nd, 2023, 8:13 am There's also 5 maps that they continuously cycle through with the game objectives, I'm not sure how they can fit a storyline in there with only 5 locations.
Illfonic did okay with Spirits Unleashed, I'd assume most of the plot-building takes place in their HQ hub rather than in the mission maps.
By mrmichaelt
Mini-clip of the the Gold Rush pack's thrower.
https://twitter.com/Ghostbusters/status ... 5965481152

Also a price breakdown
https://twitter.com/Ghostbusters/status ... 7663013947

The base game for ROTGL is available for preorder on the PlayStation Store for $31.49. The Full Containment Edition is available for preorder for a limited-time 10% discount of $49.49 for PS+ members & bundles six months of DLC and some additional bonuses.

The Full Containment Edition of ROTGL is available for preorder for a limited-time $5 discount of $49.99 & bundles six months of DLC and some additional bonuses. The base game will be available for $34.99 on our official launch date, 10/26.

The Full Containment Edition will still be available for purchase after 10/26 and will cost $54.99 on the PlayStation Store and $54.99 on the Meta Store. If you choose not to purchase the FCE, both free and paid DLC will be available post-launch.
Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]